Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-06-2013   #1001
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 39273 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: All Encompassing Case Keenum Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012Champs View Post
Well in his second year with the team and his 7th start you would think he might be moving in the other direction. Schaub while sacked seemed to deal with the same porous oline and put up nearly the same productivity in just over a quarter that Case had in nearly 3. Clearly the Texans do not have the answer to the QB problem
I don't quite understand how this matters. The only thing it truly says to me is Kubiak allowed Schaub to throw more in 1 quarter than he did Keenum in three. Schaub in 1 quarter had 29 passes, Keenum in 3 had 29 passes. The productively should be reflective in pass attempts/completions rather than quarters played IMO.
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013   #1002
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69152 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTexan View Post
I don't quite understand how this matters. The only thing it truly says to me is Kubiak allowed Schaub to throw more in 1 quarter than he did Keenum in three. Schaub in 1 quarter had 29 passes, Keenum in 3 had 29 passes. The productively should be reflective in pass attempts/completions rather than quarters played IMO.

It matters because its clear to me atleast that Schaub can run the offense better however its also clear we need something else at QB. If Case could handle it, it would have been an option for him. The Case homers should see by now that the 32 year old reject is still better than he is. Time to move on from both

Also of note its interesting that the oline was a big reason for the poor production in the first 3 quarters and then that turned around
2012Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013   #1003
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 153429 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTexan View Post
both qb's missing wide open wr's...Schaub missed a WIDE open AJ at the end of the game across the middle. This slowass dink and dunk offense blows. QB guru my ass

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013   #1004
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 44358 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

This thread reminds me of a David Carr thread.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013   #1005
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 217185 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
This thread reminds me of a David Carr thread.
Yeah.

Time to move on from this thread, too.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013   #1006
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 58428 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

Schaub's first and second drives looked like the 15 scripted plays that start each half. Keenum never executed them, so Schaub did it with familiarity. After that, he went back to typical Schaub.
Brisco_County is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013   #1007
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 296584 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
both qb's missing wide open wr's...Schaub missed a WIDE open AJ at the end of the game across the middle. This slowass dink and dunk offense blows. QB guru my ass
yeah, I'm not seeing the "QB of the future" on the current roster.

Like Mike Maycock said last night, Keenum is "at least" a serviceable backup QB in this league.

But no way would I go into the offseason with a high first pick and just hand him the keys to the franchise. Got to take a chance on a QB and make them compete. It's always a gamble, but it seems to me that going all in with Case is merely a bluff and a hope and prayer.

I like the kid and have rooted for him, but time to get real. They need to clean house of the current coaching staff and give the new HC a high pick to start a new era.
Old 12-06-2013   #1008
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 217185 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
yeah, I'm not seeing the "QB of the future" on the current roster.

Like Mike Maycock said last night, Keenum is "at least" a serviceable backup QB in this league.

But no way would I go into the offseason with a high first pick and just hand him the keys to the franchise. Got to take a chance on a QB and make them compete. It's always a gamble, but it seems to me that going all in with Case is merely a bluff and a hope and prayer.

I like the kid and have rooted for him, but time to get real. They need to clean house of the current coaching staff and give the new HC a high pick to start a new era.
^^^ This.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013   #1009
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 218535 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

At this point it doesn't matter anyway. McNair said they are going to start Case the last three games so they can make a decision on him. I think that's the correct thing to do. Schaub is out, Yates isn't starter material, so they have to find out whether Case is or not. It will most certainly affect the draft.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013   #1010
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 86686 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
At this point it doesn't matter anyway. McNair said they are going to start Case the last three games so they can make a decision on him. I think that's the correct thing to do. Schaub is out, Yates isn't starter material, so they have to find out whether Case is or not. It will most certainly affect the draft.

That's the part that scares me about all this...there's still this lingering thought that Case can be a starter...i just don't see it.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013   #1011
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68948 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
That's the part that scares me about all this...there's still this lingering thought that Case can be a starter...i just don't see it.
Gotta keep those UH alumni in the seats for the last home game.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013   #1012
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Rep Power: 218535 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
And if he's not he'll show it and they'll draft a QB very high. I kind of hate to predict anything right now until I know who the new head coach is.

Old 12-06-2013   #1013
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 86686 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
Gotta keep those UH alumni in the seats for the last home game.
well i'm UH alum & if that's his aim, he's ****ing up....the verdict on whether or not Keenum is the future is already 85% in & the results are at best mixed. That alone should be enough for us to spend a high pick on a qb in the draft.

I doubt Keenum does anything in this last 15% of the season remotely close to what he needs to do to solidify himself as the future of this team @ qb.

You're right though, at this point rolling Keenum out there is doing nothing but trying to appease UH alumni.
Old 12-06-2013   #1014
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 104409 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

The dude hasn't progressed the past 6-7 games with a "quarterback guru" for a coach. How can anyone expect him to do better with Dennison and Dorel?

Oh well, might as well make sure I guess.
Old 12-06-2013   #1015
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 217185 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
The dude hasn't progressed the past 6-7 games with a "quarterback guru" for a coach. How can anyone expect him to do better with Dennison and Dorel?

Well, there's at least one person in McNair who thinks that Kubiak has not facilitated the evaluation and/or development of Keenum. So we get the final three games to see what differences show up. We said he should get ten games at the beginning, so no sense rushing to judgment before those ten games.
Old 12-06-2013   #1016
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post

We already saw what he looked like under Dennison & Dorel when Kubiak went out with the stroke....
Old 12-06-2013   #1017
leebigeztx
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28662 leebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to leebigeztx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
So, how did you or anyone come up with yates isn't starter material,yet wanna see more of keenum? How can you or anyone determine this on the rose colored logic? Say what u will and missing andre for most of his starts, tj knew where to go with the ball. We never saw 20 yd retreat sacks either. Again, he walked in a hostile cincy with the playoffs on the line,with little time and won that game. Don't forget the atlanta game and the playoff win. Yet, we need to see what case have? Yeah,right.
Old 12-06-2013   #1018
pirbroke
All Pro

Rep Power: 8248 pirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respected

You know Wade will be showcasing his style the last 3 weeks in hope of wining the job permanent. I wonder if he changes up the game for Case, this might get interesting.
pirbroke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013   #1019
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by leebigeztx View Post
So, how did you or anyone come up with yates isn't starter material,yet wanna see more of keenum? How can you or anyone determine this on the rose colored logic? Say what u will and missing andre for most of his starts, tj knew where to go with the ball. We never saw 20 yd retreat sacks either. Again, he walked in a hostile cincy with the playoffs on the line,with little time and won that game. Don't forget the atlanta game and the playoff win. Yet, we need to see what case have? Yeah,right.
Even if you are right, and I don't think you are, it doesn't matter. Uncle Bob wants to see Case play and that's the bottom line. Either Case is the starter next year or they draft a QB or pick up someone. Either way Yates isn't going to be the starter next year. And maybe Case isn't either. We'll see.

Old 12-06-2013   #1020
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 104409 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
We already saw what he looked like under Dennison & Dorel when Kubiak went out with the stroke....
I know. I posted numbers the other day showing Keenum with and without Kubiak.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read