Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-15-2013   #561
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153118 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: All Encompassing Case Keenum Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Since his first start keenum has at least given us a shot to win games. That's something we hadn't been getting consistently. The qb play is better.
We haven't been able to move the ball in the second half of any game Case has started.

That's no chance at all. I like Case, don't get me wrong. But our chances of winning was better with the guy that could get us across mid-field (heaven knows special teams can't).
Old 11-15-2013   #562
Vance87
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 44848 Vance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
We haven't been able to move the ball in the second half of any game Case has started.

That's no chance at all. I like Case, don't get me wrong. But our chances of winning was better with the guy that could get us across mid-field (heaven knows special teams can't).
Acting like we've only been a one-half team since Case got to play is nothing short of ridiculous.
Old 11-15-2013   #563
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153118 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post

People can also say what they want, we lost to KC by 1 point in their house with NO RUNNING BACKS, we were crushing IND at halftime until Kubiak had his stroke, then we go to Arizona with Dennison calling his first game and lose by 3. All in all i'd say all things considered Keenum has done quite well.
Little bit off-topic, but since we're not turning the ball over with as much regularity as Matt (needs to keep that damn helmet off) Schaub, the defensive numbers are starting to reflect what's actually happening. Our lead for the #1 defense in the league has shrunk to 3 yards/game.
Old 11-15-2013   #564
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vance87 View Post
Acting like we've only been a one-half team since Case got to play is nothing short of ridiculous.
That's not what I'm saying. I'm saying we're the same 1 half team we were. It just looks better with Case making plays in the first half.
Old 11-15-2013   #565
Vance87
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 44848 Vance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
That's not what I'm saying. I'm saying we're the same 1 half team we were. It just looks better with Case making plays in the first half.
What you're saying is you think Schaub gives us a better chance to win because in the second half he consistently moves the ball across midfield (has he really?).

Sorry, saying Schaub gives us a better chance to win renders my mind into co-compute mode. And anything you say automatically becomes irrelevant.
Old 11-15-2013   #566
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57325 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vance87 View Post
What you're saying is you think Schaub gives us a better chance to win because in the second half he consistently moves the ball across midfield (has he really?).

Sorry, saying Schaub gives us a better chance to win renders my mind into co-compute mode. And anything you say automatically becomes irrelevant.
TK is all about entertainment value.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013   #567
Tolar's Ghost
Veteran

Rep Power: 2050 Tolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respectedTolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respectedTolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respectedTolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respectedTolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respectedTolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respectedTolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respectedTolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respectedTolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respectedTolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respectedTolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respected

Keenum got the best of McGloin (and Penn State) in the bowl game last year and he'll do it again Sunday vs. the Raiders.

In fact, I think getting a chance to go against him again will be a little extra motivation. I expect Keenum to have a breakout game - and a strong second half.

Last edited by Tolar's Ghost; 11-15-2013 at 01:05 PM.
Tolar's Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-15-2013   #568
otisbean
All Pro

Rep Power: 5252 otisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I believe this is due to the lack of a running game. I think teams start the game with at least some respect for the run, but due to shoddy blocking and and banged up RB, they quickly lose that respect and start pinning their ears back.
otisbean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013   #569
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57325 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by otisbean View Post
I believe this is due to the lack of a running game. I think teams start the game with at least some respect for the run, but due to shoddy blocking and and banged up RB, they quickly lose that respect and start pinning their ears back.
Otis, IMHO, they just out schemed and outplayed us just enough to win the games. I give them coaches and players credit too.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013   #570
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 156181 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Case Keenum gives us a better chance to win the game than Schaub does. That doesn't mean the rest of the players and coaches do their job enough to win. Just because you have a better dog doesn't mean you're gonna beat the bigger dog.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013   #571
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Definitely a big part of it.
Old 11-15-2013   #572
otisbean
All Pro

Rep Power: 5252 otisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Otis, IMHO, they just out schemed and outplayed us just enough to win the games. I give them coaches and players credit too.
No doubt, we lost 3 close games to 3 good teams. In watching the games Case has started, to my eye, you can tell in the second half the defense completely disregards the running game and just flat out attacks Case. It's tough for any QB in this scenario. I think this is why Case struggles in the second half. Our coaching staff needs to make adjustments, and come up with a way to better attack the blitz and burn them a couple times. Oh, and it would help if our line and RBs would block a bit better

On a side note, I'm wondering if our hot reads are too predictable in general. I don't watch the all 22 footage but it seems even going to back to Schaub, the opposing teams seem to know where we are going with the ball when they blitz and they jump those routes, in Schaub's case often turning to pick 6s
Old 11-15-2013   #573
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Your bias continues to shine through.

If you don't believe we've had a shot to win these last three games then you haven't been watching.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013   #574
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Just looks better?

Lmao.

Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013   #575
maddogmrb
Veteran

Rep Power: 5153 maddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

We seem to forget that Case doesn't call the plays. Anyone can see the play calling change from the first half to the second. Case doesn't block the dline and blitzing LBs. Case doesn't play defense or special teams. Case 'tries' not to run the ball

Anyone who tries to say that Case is the reason for our 2nd half collapses is not seeing the whole picture.

I would say this ... let Case call his own plays the whole game and we would see more consistency ...
maddogmrb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013   #576
Tolar's Ghost
Veteran

Rep Power: 2050 Tolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respectedTolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respectedTolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respectedTolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respectedTolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respectedTolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respectedTolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respectedTolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respectedTolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respectedTolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respectedTolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respected

Let him run a no-huddle once in a while, too (and not just at the end of the half or the game).

He did it a lot at UH and we know the results.
Tolar's Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013   #577
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 143551 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
On a side note, I'm wondering if our hot reads are too predictable in general. I don't watch the all 22 footage but it seems even going to back to Schaub, the opposing teams seem to know where we are going with the ball when they blitz and they jump those routes, in Schaub's case often turning to pick 6s
See the thing about that is that most teams have their hot-reads set up the same way. In general, you throw to the hole created by the blitzer. Defenses know that and so they'll pull someone off another route OR drop a lineman to fill that hole unexpectedly. And it's up to the QB to figure out which routes are going to get jumped (or blocked because of a dropping lineman) because that means someone else is going to be open.

It's a big chess match and you win some and you lose some but good QBs win more than they lose.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013   #578
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 63790 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
Some good analysis in there. I notice our resident detractors haven't bothered to comment on it.
It is good..probably about as unbiased as you're going to get anyway. Either side of the debate could use it to show what they wanted to so why single out his detractors?
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013   #579
otisbean
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
See the thing about that is that most teams have their hot-reads set up the same way. In general, you throw to the hole created by the blitzer. Defenses know that and so they'll pull someone off another route OR drop a lineman to fill that hole unexpectedly. And it's up to the QB to figure out which routes are going to get jumped (or blocked because of a dropping lineman) because that means someone else is going to be open.

It's a big chess match and you win some and you lose some but good QBs win more than they lose.
I agree on the hot reads, but man, we need a new wrinkle or something because even Case in the last game threw a couple that should have been picked. We also really need the OL and RBs to step up, a lot of big plays occur when Ds blitz and they don't get there, exposing the DBs. Problem with us is they get there too often LOL
Old 11-24-2013   #580
kiwitexansfan
Give'm a taste

Rep Power: 43261 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Is Keenum looking worse and worse as a starting QB?

Is it Kubiak, lack of confidence leading a losing streak, or just a hiccup in what will be a great career?

I think I am starting to go back towards a 1st round QB....

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read