Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-04-2013   #341
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 125690 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: All Encompassing Case Keenum Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
They won't, because the people arguing that idiocy aren't capable of objectively evaluating Keenum (or Kennum, either). So just ignore the few remaining holdouts and enjoy the show.

What I want to know is why we've watched AJ all these years not get thrown the ball in the end zone. I mean, I've argued for years that Schaub has cost this team TDs to AJ by leaving the ball short and watching AJ slow up to catch it and having defenders tackle him. You see the opposite of that in the first clip above. But the second and third clips are just thrown to him in the end zone. I've gone back and forth as to why this might be over the years, even entertaining the idea that AJ just isn't that good in the red zone/end zone. I think Keenum showed last night that the problem does not lie with AJ.

And that pisses me off, to be honest. Wasted AJ's talents all these years.
I sat back thinking that same thing last night while I was at the game in the enz zone watching AJ make those plays. I was like man 3 TD's in one half and AJ has never gone over 10 TD's in one season. What a waste of utilizing AJ's skill set all of these years.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013   #342
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 72471 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
They won't, because the people arguing that idiocy aren't capable of objectively evaluating Keenum (or Kennum, either). So just ignore the few remaining holdouts and enjoy the show.

What I want to know is why we've watched AJ all these years not get thrown the ball in the end zone. I mean, I've argued for years that Schaub has cost this team TDs to AJ by leaving the ball short and watching AJ slow up to catch it and having defenders tackle him. You see the opposite of that in the first clip above. But the second and third clips are just thrown to him in the end zone. I've gone back and forth as to why this might be over the years, even entertaining the idea that AJ just isn't that good in the red zone/end zone. I think Keenum showed last night that the problem does not lie with AJ.

And that pisses me off, to be honest. Wasted AJ's talents all these years.
I wondered why the Texans ran an offense that didn't feature Andre in the end zone every time Megatron, Moss, or any number of other big name receivers had multi-touchdown games. The defenses were certainly keying on them too.

Make the defense stop Andre; don't have the offense stop him for them!
Old 11-04-2013   #343
mbbfrmtx40
noob

I have been a Texans fan from day one and I have seen enough from the last two games to know that Case should definitely be the starter from here on out. What he did last night was something that I haven't seen from any other Texans QB. Schaub may have put up some decent stats in seasons past but I don't recall seeing him make the throws that Case did last night. He also brings some mobility to the position that Schaub has lacked. He extends plays and turns potential negative plays into something positive and doesn't panic and hang the ball up for any defender to grab and run back for 6. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that he will be the next Tom Brady or Drew Brees but I think that he has shown enough so far that warrants letting him finish out the season as the starter and see how he develops.
mbbfrmtx40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013   #344
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

AJ had as many TDs in yesterday's game as he had in the 20 games prior combined.
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013   #345
bOODRO87
Time Consumer

Rep Power: 16277 bOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEEL BLUE TEXANS View Post
AJ had as many TDs in yesterday's game as he had in the 20 games prior combined.
That is sad. It's why I don't want Matt or Gary back next year.
bOODRO87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013   #346
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post

Just think of what he could do if he had a real NFL arm with some legitimate strength!

Old 11-04-2013   #347
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 341333 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by welsh texan View Post
The question has to be does Keenum still look good once teams have tape on him. Tj Yates did until the tape began to tell the tale...

8 weeks to learn on the job, a mid-round flyer is required at the very least to push him and cement a decent backup, possibly a first round starter still.

The kids done as well as he could have so far but the tests will get harder the more tape there is. Our O does look very different all of a sudden and hell need to adjust as opposing Ds adjust to him.
TJ Yates never did what Case did. TJ threw about 150 yards per game with a 80 rating and a 45 QBR. Case is throwing for about 300 yards per game with a 118 rating and a 75 QBR.

In his second game, TJ Yates went 26/44 for 300 yards for 2 TDs and 1 INT and a rating of 85.4 and YPA of 6.82. Case went 20/34 for 350 yards for 3 TDs and a rating of 123.4 and a YPA of 10.29. They are throwing entirely different types of passes.

Yeah... when they get some tape on Case, it might be a problem. Maybe they'll figure him out. But. Case and TJ are in two totally different worlds.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-04-2013   #348
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 140741 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post

what makes me positively giddy is that you couldnt walk over and hand andre the ball in a better spot. the only one slightly off is the second, where andre stalls for a beat, not expecting his quarterback to have the guts and accuracy to drop one onto the baseline over a defender. this happened all game, with MAYBE 2 passes that werent in an ideal location. the accuracy, especially on deep balls is just uncanny.
Old 11-04-2013   #349
ThaJokaa
True Texans Fan

Rep Power: 9013 ThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
what makes me positively giddy is that you couldnt walk over and hand andre the ball in a better spot. the only one slightly off is the second, where andre stalls for a beat, not expecting his quarterback to have the guts and accuracy to drop one onto the baseline over a defender. this happened all game, with MAYBE 2 passes that werent in an ideal location. the accuracy, especially on deep balls is just uncanny.
He hesitated cuz he so used to Noodle Arm under throwing him...

I think the Fade couldve been thrown a little better, cuz had the CB not slipped or jump early its either a pick or an incomplete
ThaJokaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013   #350
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222017 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
Keenum's team now. I think next we need to figure out what other position besides QB we spend that first round pick on....
Two spots for me - RT and NT. Fix those and it fixes a lot of other things in the process.

(Oh and a damn kicker!)

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013   #351
speedfreek
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 42267 speedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respected

>The question has to be does Keenum still look good once teams have tape on him. Tj Yates did until the tape began to tell the tale...

I will have my answer after the New England game...

Belichick pulled down Gary's pants twice because he attacked Schaub
in the best way possible to wreck the style of offense we play.

If, by some miracle, Dennison turns out to be a legitimate play caller
and Keenum either wins -- or puts us in a position to win -- then
I think we will know he can compete down the road as a starter in
the league..

TJ
speedfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013   #352
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 140741 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaJokaa View Post
I think the Fade couldve been thrown a little better, cuz had the CB not slipped or jump early its either a pick or an incomplete
it sure is fun to be nit-picking an endzone fade touchdown to andre though isnt it? lol. it's too bad we havent been judging andre's touchdowns the last 10 years because noone else will make that throw.

i know we lost, and i took it pretty hard last night, but seeing these .gifs today has just reminded me that it's going to be ok in the end. keenum's the real deal, we're only missing a tackle on offense, and the defense will rebound next year with some much overdue moves.
Old 11-04-2013   #353
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222017 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
it sure is fun to be nit-picking an endzone fade touchdown to andre though isnt it? lol. it's too bad we havent been judging andre's touchdowns the last 10 years because noone else will make that throw.

i know we lost, and i took it pretty hard last night, but seeing these .gifs today has just reminded me that it's going to be ok in the end. keenum's the real deal, we're only missing a tackle on offense, and the defense will rebound next year with some much overdue moves.
They should have had that game in the bag .... that strip fumble that was ruled in the grasp sucked balls as did that call that went against AJ late resulting in a freaking 19 yard punt by Lechler.

Toss in three missed FG's by some liquored up kicker .... ugh.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013   #354
ThaJokaa
True Texans Fan

Rep Power: 9013 ThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Yeah no lie, almost go into it last night with some Colts "fans" at a bar in midtown
ThaJokaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013   #355
ziggy29
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12794 ziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
what's all this throwing the ball to AJ in the end zone stuff anyway?
I don't get it either! Everyone knows when you put on the Texans uniform, you're supposed to throw the ball three yards downfield on a 3rd and 8!
ziggy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013   #356
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 108923 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaJokaa View Post
Yeah no lie, almost go into it last night with some Colts "fans" at a bar in midtown
Colts fans in Austin are obnoxious. It's compounded by the fact that not a single one of them is from Indiana.
Brisco_County is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013   #357
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 322585 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Schaub has been a problem, but people didn't want to akboeledfe it because he had some nice stats.
It's not that we didn't want to akboeledfe it. It's that you don't just replace your starting QB unless he was playing like Mark Sanchez & even then, Rex had to set him up to get hurt in the preseason.

Draft Schaub's replacement? Yeah, that made sense & should have been done. But since they did not, it lead me to believe they already had Schaub's replacement on the roster.
Old 11-05-2013   #358
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 108923 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

Ninja on Keenum:

Quote:
"That gets me excited more than anything," veteran Texans defensive end Antonio Smith says. "To see the adjustments he made after just one week. You can just see how hard he prepared. He didn't let the blitzes that got to him in Kansas City get to him again.

"He knew where to get rid of the ball this time. He made them pay when they blitzed this time. He hit them deep."
Link.
Brisco_County is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013   #359
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Profootball Focus dissect the PA pass from Schaub to Keenum:

Scroll down to the second part of the article.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...book-week-9-3/
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013   #360
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 266923 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Profootball Focus dissect the PA pass from Schaub to Keenum:

Scroll down to the second part of the article.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...book-week-9-3/
Thanks for the link. Something that a blind squirrel should have by now figured out.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read