Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-22-2013   #221
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 165505 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: new coach will cut case

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porky View Post
Well it's still early and draft grades will rise and fall not too mention the impact of potential under classmen but this looks to be a really good draft for QB's. Perhaps rivaling 1983 - perhaps. Still to be seen.

Bridgewater will be gone. After that who knows. I agree that it's early, but to say flat out there will be no QB's worthy of a high to mid first round grade is also premature to say the least.
It is still early and if we're lucky, and Gary Kubiak finds a clue we should have 9 more games to see if Case Keenum is the answer or just a placeholder.

Lots of football still to be played and while it may no longer be about the playoffs it is still about our future. In 9 games I think we'll know enough about Case Keenum to make a good decision.

If our brain trust is in fact capable of making a good decision and if they put him out there to see how he does. They might just give us 9 weeks of Matt Sloth and his amazing one-legged QB impersonation.
Old 10-22-2013   #222
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153118 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: All Encompassing Case Keenum Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerTastesLikeVictory View Post
Regarding drafting a QB. If Case proves himself and becomes our franchise QB, do we still keep Yates around? Draft a late round project? Pickup a journeyman in Free agency?
I still think Kubiak is a "great" (all lower caps) offensive coordinator. Schaub was a 3rd round draft pick that excelled in Kubiak's system. I think Tj is smart enough to play in this system, at least for a back up.

I think Keenum is going to be great running this offense.

But you should always be drafting QBs, just like you should always be drafting OL, pass rushers, & CB.

I'd take a flyer on Freeman if he's taking vet minimum, just like taking a look at Lienart or Grossman & if I've got someone I like better than Tj I wouldn't hesitate to make the swap.
Old 10-22-2013   #223
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 165505 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullNation4Life View Post
I think you do exactly what the Redskins did, drafted RG3 then turned around and drafted Cousins in the 2nd round(?)

If Keenum is your guy for next year, still take a good QB with the 1st or 2nd round pick and have him in the waiting.
I say that you have too many other needs to do that (if as you're saying we are convinced that Keenum is the guy to take the Texans there).

In that scenario I'm looking for a RT in the first if I can get him and an ILB in the second. I have no time for luxury item QB's who will sit on the bench behind Keenum. Yates can do that and an older veteran can do that behind Yates.

Maybe if one really falls. Maybe. Most likely though I wait until 2015 or later if I think Keenum is the second coming of Drew Brees.
Old 10-22-2013   #224
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153118 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
Lots of football still to be played and while it may no longer be about the playoffs it is still about our future.
Indy is still a winnable game at home.

Arizona, Jacksonville, & Oakland are as well. There's no reason we can't be 6-5 by the time we get to New England. Let's say we lose that one & we're 6-6.

We go to Jacksonville..... 7-6

Stranger things have happened, we might win in Indy.

Denver...... the secret is defense & ToP, same as it's always been. We can beat Denver at home. (or maybe they sit their starters, who knows?)

@Tennessee why not? 10-6.

A four game win streak, lose to New England, another 4 game win streak. Maybe we'll get a wild card & play Cincy on the road again.
Old 10-22-2013   #225
Vinnie
with an I E

Section: 506, best section in the 500's!
Rep Power: 3571 Vinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respected

Holy crap, it just dawned on me, Case is going to cost us Manziel! Put Schaub in!
Old 10-22-2013   #226
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 56992 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nut View Post
Case did not look like a deer in the headlights like Schaub despite his inexperience. There were no turtle sacks and he threw downfield. He had good pocket presence and actually got the team to show some emotion. He exhibited leadership qualities and was not a flatliner like Schaub & Yates. The crowd at Reliant would cheer for him and make it louder. Give the guy a chance to see what he can do. It would take a few games to see if he can be the starter.
I agree with your entire post right up to the bolded. Case Keenum showed me all I need to see that he has the tools to be a quality NFL starter. Granted, he needs a little more experience in order to cope with overloaded lines we saw late in the game but the man showed poise, moxie and the skills necessary to be a very capable starter in this league. I just hope Kubes can shake his man love for Schaub and do what he preaches. Doing what's best for the team.

I think we all saw what's best for the team at the QB position.

The youngster impressed the hell outta me and I don't think it was a fluke considering his debut arena.

Like others have preached (which I didn't really buy into), he has "IT". As has been pointed out prior if Graham and Nuk make a catch we have a comfortable win in one of the most hostile environments in the league.

I saw enough to become a believer.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013   #227
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post
I agree with your entire post right up to the bolded. Case Keenum showed me all I need to see that he has the tools to be a quality NFL starter.
They generally act differently after they've taken a few good shots. I feel pretty good about him so far, but lets see what he looks like after a few more.
Old 10-22-2013   #228
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 156181 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

I've seen enough to know he's better that Schaub or Yates, and that's all I need to know for now.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013   #229
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 18937 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post
I agree with your entire post right up to the bolded. Case Keenum showed me all I need to see that he has the tools to be a quality NFL starter. Granted, he needs a little more experience in order to cope with overloaded lines we saw late in the game but the man showed poise, moxie and the skills necessary to be a very capable starter in this league. I just hope Kubes can shake his man love for Schaub and do what he preaches. Doing what's best for the team.

I think we all saw what's best for the team at the QB position.

The youngster impressed the hell outta me and I don't think it was a fluke considering his debut arena.

Like others have preached (which I didn't really buy into), he has "IT". As has been pointed out prior if Graham and Nuk make a catch we have a comfortable win in one of the most hostile environments in the league.

I saw enough to become a believer.
Agree with most but the throw to Nuk was bad, it should've been to the outside shoulder away from coverage.
Old 10-22-2013   #230
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 44018 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Anyone see the poll on ESPN.com, saying who should start for the texans if schaub is healthy .....LMAO i think people like to watch us lose.

http://sports-ak.espn.go.com/nfl/
Old 10-22-2013   #231
Vance87
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 44848 Vance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
Anyone see the poll on ESPN.com, saying who should start for the texans if schaub is healthy .....LMAO i think people like to watch us lose.

They're just woefully ignorant. If they followed this team closely since even 2011 they'd be voting for Keenum.
Old 10-22-2013   #232
legacy_gt
All Pro

Rep Power: 6629 legacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

have they looked at our record since last year after we lost to the new England?

look at the poll on chron.com....completely lopsided toward keenum
legacy_gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013   #233
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 56992 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Case's Accountability

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
MSR. Good post.
Got Rey for both of us. Very much agree.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013   #234
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Rep Power: 44018 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by legacy_gt View Post
have they looked at our record since last year after we lost to the new England?

look at the poll on chron.com....completely lopsided toward keenum
They are just going based on names, i bet a majority of the voters didnt see Case play last week either. Remember the bootleg where case just keep moving around and hit AJ for that 45 yard pass ? That kind of stuff is fun to watch, i see so much upside to Case that i cant helped but be pumped about his next game, and i know he could lead this team where it wants to be.
Old 10-22-2013   #235
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 52734 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Says a bunch of people who haven't watched the Texans all season. That poll is about as valuable as a BCS coaches poll.
Brisco_County is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013   #236
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:

Say that reminds me....... been a while since I've seen a power ranking thread.

Old 10-22-2013   #237
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Say that reminds me....... been a while since I've seen a power ranking thread.

noone brags about 26th place
Old 10-22-2013   #238
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 53247 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
They are just going based on names, i bet a majority of the voters didnt see Case play last week either. Remember the bootleg where case just keep moving around and hit AJ for that 45 yard pass ? That kind of stuff is fun to watch, i see so much upside to Case that i cant helped but be pumped about his next game, and i know he could lead this team where it wants to be.
i think i spent most of the game saying "matt schaub cant do that". it was fun to watch those plays, stuff that we havent seen in our 11 years. the floater to hopkins for a touchdown was another, matt cant drop in the over-the-shoulder rain maker like that. the cross-body bomb to graham without having time to plant his feet was beautiful. running towards the line of scrimmage and firing a strike was great. even losing i had a huge grin. no quarterback in our tenure has made those throws, forget about doing it in one half of play. it's taking all i've got to temper my enthusiasm, and as yall see, it's not working lol.
Old 10-22-2013   #239
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
i think i spent most of the game saying "matt schaub cant do that". it was fun to watch those plays, stuff that we havent seen in our 11 years. the floater to hopkins for a touchdown was another, matt cant drop in the over-the-shoulder rain maker like that. the cross-body bomb to graham without having time to plant his feet was beautiful. running towards the line of scrimmage and firing a strike was great. even losing, i had a huge grin. no quarterback in our tenure has made those throws, forget about doing it in one half of play. it's taking all i've got to temper my enthusiasm, and as yall see, it's not working lol.
No doubt it was really fun to watch. This was keenums first game, he will learn to since the pass rush better. I'm sure the game was still really fast for him, and even with it his first NFL game. He looked like a confident vet out there to me.

Best thing about it for me was seeing him run down the field jumping up and down after the TD pass to hopkins, i love the kids enthusiasm. He makes watching this team fun again.
Old 10-22-2013   #240
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57325 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaayteetx View Post
Agree with most but the throw to Nuk was bad, it should've been to the outside shoulder away from coverage.
The coverage was to the outside.
The CB was looking for the outside fade.
Hopkins was looking to the inside all the way.
He had both hands on the ball.
The CB did a good job recovering and poke the ball out.
Hopkins, IMO, misjudge the flight of the ball by a hair; he wasn't able to use his body to shield the defender from the ball.
The ball placement was good; only Hopkins can catch the ball.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read