Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-21-2013   #181
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216695 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Case's Accountability

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
we would've lost by more than 1 point if KC would've elected to punch it in for a TD on Keenum's sack fumble at the 1 inch line....
Or if Reid took the points instead of gambling on 4th down. We'd have lost by 4.
Old 10-21-2013   #182
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216695 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: All Encompassing Case Keenum Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...texans-qb-woes

You guys should let this guy know what you think.
I think that's something that should always be taken into account. However, Gary Kubiak is a much better OC than Chan Gailey. He made Matt Schaub nigh elite & Keenum is much more talented. If he's as smart, he'll do better than Tyler Thigpen, better than Schaub.

Kaepernick & RG3 are going to have to start running NFL offenses or they're not going to last long. Andrew Luck & Russel Wilson are gong to have to improve running their offenses. Which reminds me of an article I read awhile back
Quote:
An earlier article by Davis Hsu mentions the "sippy cup lid" analogy - an idea that I think serves merit not based on the idea that Wilson is handcuffed in many ways, but by the fact that he's slowly going to transition into mastering the full potential of the playbook. If the offense can truly be considered "sippy cupped", then it is up to Wilson himself to learn and understand it enough so that he can take the lid off himself.
That's a pretty good article... it has some insight into our "audible" system.
Old 10-21-2013   #183
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

100 out of 100 times an NFL coach will take 3 knees in that situation and let the clock run out. This isn't even debatable.
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013   #184
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Or if Reid took the points instead of gambling on 4th down. We'd have lost by 4.
Well since we're playing the if game, if graham would've come up with that TD catch early or if Hopkins finds a way to reel in that fade pass, we'd have win comfortably. If Arian didn't get hurt..

But I guess since you guys wanna be right it's easier to focus on the negative.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013   #185
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 84801 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Well since we're playing the if game, if graham would've come up with that TD catch early or if Hopkins finds a way to reel in that fade pass, we'd have win comfortably. If Arian didn't get hurt..

.. really is becoming that blatantly obvious huh?
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013   #186
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Perhaps; but again, Newton wasn't trying to prevent a score; he wanted to recover the fumble.
If he was succesful, the Texans would still have the ball.
If it was fourth down, I would say for sure, don't even try to touch the ball; stay away.

It's a tough call.
Look at D. Johnson; he didn't want to go down; he wanted to score.
In the Chiefs' case, it was best for them not to score so they can run out the clock.
Johnson was wanting a TD there, don't you think?
That's my point.

Johnson was trying to score when he actually should have just been looking to recover and ice the game. He was acting with insticts, but there are heady players that understand situations like that and can use discipline there.

Westbrook a few years back for the eagles had an easy walk in TD towards the end if the game. Th D was going to let him score, but he just fell down at the one.

Again, I'm not blaming anyone. Not saying anyone did anything wrong, but if I'm newton today I'm thinking that if I'd have pulled back some maybe we could have had another shot.

I haven't watched it again, so I don't know who was doing what. I'm just speaking in general and responding to your initial statement about instincts and not coaching against them. A lot of football is actually about going against your instincts.

But I get what you're saying about newton trying to recover the fimble if that's what happened.
Old 10-21-2013   #187
legacy_gt
All Pro

Rep Power: 7091 legacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: case keenum dec article

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
good scout team qb to have around. (long and short of it)

Nobody grooms those guys to take over. When one of those scenario's happen it's the exception, not the rule.
must be the exception, right vinny?
legacy_gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-21-2013   #188
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:

Let's talk about the, "If Matt Schaub started, we'd have lost by a whole bunch."
Old 10-21-2013   #189
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 93630 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Didn't see this posted:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/...ns-starting-qb

Quote:
“Gary loves him,” said one source close to Kubiak. “He's extremely cerebral. He doesn't have that big arm but he fits their mold -- he can extend plays and get out of the way. He understands the system. That's going to be a tough environment but he shows a pulse and moves the team some, I bet he sticks with him after the (Week 8) bye.”
Love this pic:

DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013   #190
legacy_gt
All Pro

Rep Power: 7091 legacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-TEX View Post
Didn't see this posted:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/...ns-starting-qb

Love this pic:

good find. there is no issue with case's arm.
legacy_gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013   #191
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-TEX View Post
Love this pic:

Schaub-lover.

Should be the other way around, Case in the front, focused, in his uniform. Schaub hazy in the background wearing sweats.
Old 10-21-2013   #192
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 93630 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Schaub-lover.

Should be the other way around, Case in the front, focused, in his uniform. Schaub hazy in the background wearing sweats.
Matt feels the cold, clammy hand of death coming from behind him....
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013   #193
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 88794 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
just agree to disagree on the level of risk.....
A lot of people do that when they're wrong.
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013   #194
Rey
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Let's talk about the, "If Matt Schaub started, we'd have lost by a whole bunch."
Why does that statement bother you? I like Ed Reed and he's played poorly....I thought it was a good signing at the time and I still think if we had more leads it could still be a good signing.

But I'm not running around defending his honor by downplaying Shiloh keo. LoL.

I just don't get ****ting on a guy that clearly played well and gave us a great chance to win a game that a lot of people thought we'd get scorched in.

Haven't even been able to discuss actual football aspects of cases play because so many people running around with these bogus ass arguments. I'm not even ready to say case is the guy but some of this hate is ridiculous.

If I could id bet money that if case were our last years second round pick from byu not as many people would be downplaying his first start. People would be excited that we had a qb that showed that kind if promise, especially since the current/former guy has not done anything.

And it's just one game. But I'd also bet money that the anti-keenum crowd would be saying "see! I told u he sucked!" If he couldn't get it done.

You'd be in here thumping your chest talking about Schaub being the best guy for the job and how keenums poor game should end the discussion. Our best chances are with Schaub.
Look, y'all can deny it, deflect, call me names, get snarky, be offended but I know what's up. And really you guys do too. But this message board stuff is just good fun so I ain't even mad at y'all bro. Like I said I know the drill.
Old 10-22-2013   #195
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 75191 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Why does that statement bother you? I like Ed Reed and he's played poorly....I thought it was a good signing at the time and I still think if we had more leads it could still be a good signing.

But I'm not running around defending his honor by downplaying Shiloh keo. LoL.

I just don't get ****ting on a guy that clearly played well and gave us a great chance to win a game that a lot of people thought we'd get scorched in.
MSR. Good post.
DocBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013   #196
rolyat93
Veteran

Rep Power: 2303 rolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...texans-qb-woes

You guys should let this guy know what you think.
LOL Bleacherreport, you're reaching.

Is this me?
rolyat93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013   #197
Vance87
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72763 Vance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
In his first NFL start, Keenumís performance was the best in franchise history for a first-time quarterback with 271 yards passing, surpassing Matt Schaubís previous record of 225 yards. Keenum was 15-of-25 with one touchdown, ten yards rushing, and a passer rating of 110.6.
Old 10-22-2013   #198
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Why does that statement bother you?
For me it's about balance.

As far as downplaying Case, all I've ever said was that he didn't Kaepernick it..... meaning he didn't play sooooo well, that he should be the immediate starter the way Kaepernick did.

If it weren't for the Schaub hate in Houston it would be debatable because of Matt's most recent games, not Case's.
Old 10-22-2013   #199
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
In his first NFL start, Keenumís performance was the best in franchise history for a first-time quarterback with 271 yards passing, surpassing Matt Schaubís previous record of 225 yards. Keenum was 15-of-25 with one touchdown, ten yards rushing, and a passer rating of 110.6.
So we can start talking about yards again?
Old 10-22-2013   #200
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 184414 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
So we can start talking about yards again?
Had we had our RBs for a full game, it would have been unlikely that he would not have had the points to go with it.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read