Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-04-2013   #1
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 78323 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Texans Positive Vibe Thread

There are some people on this planet that believe that positive thought and emotion can lead to positive results. Houston is the largest city that still has a team in the playoffs, so perhaps if we can channel our positive energy in the same direction, we can get positive results.

This is what Arian Foster said yesterday:

(on what he expects from the fans on Saturday) “I expect the same thing man. We have some good fans here in Houston and they were booing us last home game, but I forgive them.”

(on how much the fan support helps) “It helps a whole bunch. I’m a strong believer in energy. And when everybody’s energy is focused on one thing towards a positive thing, you can feel that. And you can also feel the opposite, when everybody is booing.”

This is what Antonio Smith said yesterday:

(on what he expects from the fans on Saturday) “I’m expecting them to be louder, without any boos or any disappointments. To just stick in there and to cheer as much as they can, because we feed off of them, they feed off of us. This is our house – together. We’re a part of them; they’re a part of us. Little do they know, they help us out a lot with how loud they get, especially in the defense. That’s what comes with home field advantage as defensive players and a defensive team is it takes away a whole other team’s cadence, the way they communicate. So the louder we are, the less their opportunity is to be on the field and make plays. We need to have one of those statistics like other teams have where they have how many false starts the crowd started and all that.”

Andy Dalton has struggled as of late. We really can make a difference. You could see how positive energy feeds the team after the JJ Watt interception last year. The cement under my seats was shaking it was so loud.

We can talk chicken and eggs. That the team has to be playing well to bring our positive energy. But why not bring it now? In this thread? And carry it over for tomorrow.

So fill this thread with positive energy, thoughts, words, pictures. Do positive things for yourself and others today and tomorrow. If you are tailgating, get your tailgate in Super Bowl shape. Tip well. Be nice to your friends and family. Be nice to yourself.

Be the ball, Danny.
Old 01-04-2013   #2
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 322585 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Texans Positive Vibe Thread

I'll tell you how I think about it.

We expect those guys to play at an elite level for 60 minutes. That means run faster than the average guy, hit harder than the average guy, push people around better than the average guy. Throw the ball.... all that. We expect them to physically exert themselves at a level very few people have the ability for, for 60 minutes.

All they ask, is that we support them, cheer for them for 60 minutes. As a fan that should be doable.

The team screwed up (& to some extent, we screwed up by booing them against Minnesota at home (how many 12-2 teams get booed?)) they lost the last two games of the season, we lost HFA, yadda, yadda, yadda..... old news, spilled milk.

Like Arian said, we need to be focused on winning the next one.

& I have no qualms about it, I will be rooting & cheering for them from kick-off I'll be the guy in 609 screaming when the Bengals are in the huddle. I don't want them to hear a conversation when they are complaining about the noise on the sideline. If one Bengal shares two words with a team mate, I'll feel like I didn't do my part.
Old 01-04-2013   #3
House of Pain
Knee-jerkless

Section: 106
Rep Power: 9340 House of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm completely on board with all the previous posters in this thread. I refuse to ignore the weaknesses of this team, but I know the Texans are a better team than what they showed over the last few weeks. I live and die with the Texans, regardless of record, and if I supported them when they were 2-14, I'm going support them when they are 12-4.

This is my team. Houston is my home. We will kick the ever-loving s*%$ out of the Bengals this weekend. Book it.

Go Texans!
House of Pain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013   #4
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 322585 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Texans are in the PLAY OFFS

WOOOOOOOOOO
Old 01-04-2013   #5
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 78323 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Happy happy.

Old 01-04-2013   #6
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

This always makes me smile.

Old 01-04-2013   #7
Wolfiegrrl
Wonder Woman

Rep Power: 12864 Wolfiegrrl is a quality contributor and well respectedWolfiegrrl is a quality contributor and well respectedWolfiegrrl is a quality contributor and well respectedWolfiegrrl is a quality contributor and well respectedWolfiegrrl is a quality contributor and well respectedWolfiegrrl is a quality contributor and well respectedWolfiegrrl is a quality contributor and well respectedWolfiegrrl is a quality contributor and well respectedWolfiegrrl is a quality contributor and well respectedWolfiegrrl is a quality contributor and well respectedWolfiegrrl is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Wolfiegrrl Send a message via MSN to Wolfiegrrl Send a message via Yahoo to Wolfiegrrl

It really is the positive energy that helps bring this team up to the level they need to be at to win these games. I can't tell you how many times I smile when I see a Texas license plate while I'm out in town. Now, I see a good two or three on most trips. Y'all have to understand... I'm in Portland, OR!!! Where are all these Texans staying?

I have every faith that the Texans will win!!!!
Wolfiegrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-04-2013   #8
silentassassin
Veteran

Rep Power: 2070 silentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respected

Despite the last month being an overall disappointment, fortunes will turn tomorrow and we will see how good the best players on this team can be when they need to elevate their level of play.

MY BODY IS READY.

FOR LIFE!!!
silentassassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013   #9
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 189741 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
There are some people on this planet that believe that positive thought and emotion can lead to positive results. Houston is the largest city that still has a team in the playoffs, so perhaps if we can channel our positive energy in the same direction, we can get positive results.

This is what Arian Foster said yesterday:

(on what he expects from the fans on Saturday) “I expect the same thing man. We have some good fans here in Houston and they were booing us last home game, but I forgive them.”

(on how much the fan support helps) “It helps a whole bunch. I’m a strong believer in energy. And when everybody’s energy is focused on one thing towards a positive thing, you can feel that. And you can also feel the opposite, when everybody is booing.”

This is what Antonio Smith said yesterday:

(on what he expects from the fans on Saturday) “I’m expecting them to be louder, without any boos or any disappointments. To just stick in there and to cheer as much as they can, because we feed off of them, they feed off of us. This is our house – together. We’re a part of them; they’re a part of us. Little do they know, they help us out a lot with how loud they get, especially in the defense. That’s what comes with home field advantage as defensive players and a defensive team is it takes away a whole other team’s cadence, the way they communicate. So the louder we are, the less their opportunity is to be on the field and make plays. We need to have one of those statistics like other teams have where they have how many false starts the crowd started and all that.”

Andy Dalton has struggled as of late. We really can make a difference. You could see how positive energy feeds the team after the JJ Watt interception last year. The cement under my seats was shaking it was so loud.

We can talk chicken and eggs. That the team has to be playing well to bring our positive energy. But why not bring it now? In this thread? And carry it over for tomorrow.

So fill this thread with positive energy, thoughts, words, pictures. Do positive things for yourself and others today and tomorrow. If you are tailgating, get your tailgate in Super Bowl shape. Tip well. Be nice to your friends and family. Be nice to yourself.

Be the ball, Danny.
Although I cannot afford $80 for a regular season ticket I and my two friends will be wearing our Texans gear and screaming 'another Houston Texans first down' at the television. We will high five and yell encouragement as if they could hear us. Each of us have a new Texans shirt purchased recently to add to our collection of gear. Mine is Fosters.

But hey Arian I too am in the forgiving mood. I will forgive you that your avg per attempt and per game has dropped because hey your 1424 season was damn good even if it did take you 351 attempts.

And Antonio, I got your back. In my posts, I am constantly defending you even when others say you disappear in games. And when it is pointed out you average less than 2 combined tackles per game, I point at your 7 sacks. It is not your fault that Watt has three times as many as you do, is it?
http://www.nfl.com/player/antoniosmi...8/careerstats#

I know you feed off fans and we feed off team although we seem to be on some sort of starvation diet last 5-6 weeks but surely we are splurging rest of this year, right?

I will bring all I can as a fan and I just know you guys will bring it all as players. Oh, just a small point, fans boo or cheer as a reaction.
Old 01-04-2013   #10
Big Lou
Stop Clowning

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 48384 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

This board will be much happier if we do that to the Bungles in less than 24 hours.
Old 01-04-2013   #11
C Madd
Veteran

Rep Power: 4156 C Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respected

Here's a personal favorite.

C Madd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013   #12
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 135371 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

You make me smile, Steph!
Old 01-04-2013   #13
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 163027 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
“I expect the same thing man. We have some good fans here in Houston and they were booing us last home game, but I forgive them.”
He forgives us. How cute
DX-TEX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013   #14
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-TEX View Post
He forgives us. How cute
It's so gracious of you to be so positive, hahahaha.

Will you forgive me for laughing at your comment. =P
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013   #15
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 266923 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Worst Playoff Road Record
Active NFL Franchises
Bengals 0-5
Saints 0-5
Texans 0-1
Seahawks 1-8
Buccaneers 1-6

The Bengals’ last playoff win was a 41-14 victory over the Houston Oilers in the 1990 Wild Card Playoffs. They’ve lost 4 straight postseason games since then, each by at least 10 points. Every other current NFL franchise has won a playoff game since the Bengals last win.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013   #16
Surreal McCoy
All Pro

Rep Power: 13530 Surreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-TEX View Post
He forgives us. How cute
Maybe you should take his, and Smith's, comments as confirmation the booing has a negative, rather than positive effect on them?
Surreal McCoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013   #17
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 377943 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Sons of Texas, I am Texan Fan.

Skeptical boy: Texan Fan is 7 feet tall.

Texan Fan: Yes, I've heard. Kills men by the hundreds, and if he were here he'd consume the AFC with fireballs from his eyes and dispatch the NFC with bolts of lightning from his arse.

I AM Texans Fan. And I see a whole army of my fellows here in defiance of our past. You have come to cheer as Texans, and Texans you are. What would you do without our team? Will you fight for your team?

Scared fan: Fight? Against that? No, we will give up; and we will live to say I told you so.

Texan Fan: Aye, fight and you may still lose. Run away and you'll live to complain -- at least a while...

And dying in your beds many years from now, would you be willing to trade all the days from this day to that for one chance, just one chance to come back here and tell your sons that you stood with your team when all looked lost. That our enemies may take the day, but they'll never again take us away from our Texans!!!

Texan fans together: Texans gu brŕth! Texans gu brŕth! Texans gu brŕth!

Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013   #18
OilerTexan
Rookie

I like our chances. We've never lost a playoff game at Reliant!

The playoff energy will dispel the funk the team is in. And when we win, the whole team is going to be excited, putting us in the best possible mind set to face the ballyhooed Patriots in the divisional round.

I hope we start the game like we did in our first Jacksonville game with 4 passes.
OilerTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013   #19
Surreal McCoy
All Pro

Rep Power: 13530 Surreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post

And dying in your beds many years from now, would you be willing to trade all the days from this day to that for one chance, just one chance to come back here and tell your sons that you stood with your team when all looked lost. That our enemies may take the day, but they'll never again take us away from our Texans!!!
Erm, no offence, but won't they claim as much even if we win?
Surreal McCoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013   #20
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

Nothing positive here. Still pissed that they squandered a bye week and the
#1 seed. They should be off this weekend. Not playing a wildcard game with a 12-4 record. Typical NFL in Houston. Does anyone really believe this team can beat New England and Denver back to back on the road? Answer honestly. I don't. Elite qbs rip this defense to shreds. And the offense. Sorry to be a downer but a win against Cincy means doodly squat. The game that means something is on the road in New England. This team put themselves in this mess and I really don't see any way out for them.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read