Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 12-31-2012   #1
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 172712 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Black Monday

Cardinals fire G.M. Rod Graves coach Ken Whisenhunt

The Jaguars have made it official, announcing the firing of general manager Gene Smith Monday morning.

Kansas City Chiefs are firing head coach Romeo Crennel

NY Jets fire GM Mike Tannenbaum

The Browns officially have announced that GM Tom Heckert and HC Pat Shurmur have been fired.

Andy Reid is officially out as Eagles coach

Per Adam Schefter, the Chargers aren't interested in Andy Reid.

The Bears have fired Smith this morning, Ian Rapoport of NFL Network reports.

The Bills have fired coach Chan Gailey, according to Jerry Sullivan of the Buffalo News.

Chargers announce Norv Turner, A.J. Smith have been fired

According to Alex Marvez of FOXSports.com, Falcons offensive coordinator Dirk Koetter is set to interview for vacancies with the Eagles, Chiefs and Browns.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012   #2
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 63790 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Black Monday

i'd want to take a looksee at Ken Whisenhunt as the OC for us
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012   #3
texanhead08
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 8236 texanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
i'd want to take a looksee at Ken Whisenhunt as the OC for us
I wouldn't touch that dude with a ten foot pole. Cards year in and year out can't run the ball and this year they got multiple QB's killed.

Gary Kubiak
December 4,2011
texanhead08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012   #4
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 172712 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah, I don't see firing the guy whose offense in 7th in the league to hire the guy whose offense is last in the league.
Old 12-31-2012   #5
toronto
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 42996 toronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respected

I have never seen it this active. Some were long overdue like in SD. But how the Titans retain Munchak but fire Reinfeldt...but retain Webster, should warm your TItan hating hearts. Buds incompetence at its finest.

Follow me @blakegk on twitter...the entertainment never stops...
toronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012   #6
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by toronto View Post
I have never seen it this active.
They were saying eight -- I was thinking more like twelve.
Old 12-31-2012   #7
toronto
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 42996 toronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
They were saying eight -- I was thinking more like twelve.
It's not just coaches. Rare to see this much on the GM side as well.

Follow me @blakegk on twitter...the entertainment never stops...
toronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-31-2012   #8
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 63790 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yeah, I don't see firing the guy whose offense in 7th in the league to hire the guy whose offense is last in the league.
Yeah, but he didn't have even a backup qb thereWhen he did he got his team to the SB....by his own doing sure, but he'd at least have a competent qb here.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012   #9
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Raiders have released OC Greg Knapp, special teams coordinator Steve Hoffman, OL coach Frank Pollack and linebackers coach Johnny Holland.
Old 12-31-2012   #10
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 156011 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
I have never seen it this active. Some were long overdue like in SD. But how the Titans retain Munchak but fire Reinfeldt...but retain Webster, should warm your TItan hating hearts. Buds incompetence at its finest.
Actually, the quote by Adams is what really warmed my heart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bud Adams
He has two more years to go on his contract but I think we’d be better off without him.
That guy just oozes class. Or something. Probably something, to be honest.
Old 12-31-2012   #11
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
That guy just oozes class. Or something. Probably something, to be honest.
Ewww, I don't want to think about what oozes out of Bud Adams.

Old 12-31-2012   #12
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 209247 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Evil is what oozes out of Bud Adams.

I would include farts, too, but everyone knows that zombies don't pass gas.
Old 12-31-2012   #13
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Rep Power: 5378 Pantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Pantherstang84

Quote:
Raiders have released OC Greg Knapp, special teams coordinator Steve Hoffman, OL coach Frank Pollack and linebackers coach Johnny Holland.
That didn't last very long. Any chance of them releasing Briesel too?
Pantherstang84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012   #14
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Section: My couch
Rep Power: 15877 Texan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respected

The Browns letting go of their GM and head coach was a bit puzzling to me. Yes there record was less than stellar but, when a majority of your team is full of rookies with a rookie quarterback, no expects you to have a winning record (or at least I don't).

The Chargers probably wish they kept Marty, at least he got you to the playoffs instead of a top 20 draft pick.
Texan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012   #15
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan4Ever View Post
The Browns letting go of their GM and head coach was a bit puzzling to me. Yes there record was less than stellar but, when a majority of your team is full of rookies with a rookie quarterback, no expects you to have a winning record (or at least I don't).

The Chargers probably wish they kept Marty, at least he got you to the playoffs instead of a top 20 draft pick.
New owner
Old 12-31-2012   #16
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
New owner
Yep. New good owner. I expect things to change for the positive for Cleveland fans after so many years of dreck.
Old 12-31-2012   #17
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
That guy just oozes class.
Yep.

Nothing classier than firing a guy in the media before you give him the bad news yourself.

Quote:
Earlier today, Titans owner Bud Adams told Jim Wyatt of the Tennessean that senior executive V.P. and COO Mike Reinfeldt has been fired.

That was news to Mike Reinfeldt.

Per a league source, Reinfeldt was working — and continued to work — after news broke that he will be taking the fall for the performance of the team in 2012.

Reinfeldt has since been informed of his fate.
Old 01-01-2013   #18
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29597 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
It's not just coaches. Rare to see this much on the GM side as well.
Well now, who can we replace Rick Smith with?????? As much as I want to see him GONE, noone on the above list! To bad, so sad! Now we can just wait and see what more he can do to screw up a good team.

Anyone other than ME miss Winston, Briesel, and Demeco??? Don't give me that salary cap crap either. WHO got us in that mess to start with!

OK, let the neg reps start!! I've been holding back for months, and just HAD to let it all out today.
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013   #19
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

The Lions have fired wide receivers coach Shawn Jefferson, running backs coach Sam Gash and offensive line coach George Yarno.

Looks like they were sacrificed to keep Schwartz as HC.
Old 01-01-2013   #20
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Titans owner Bud Adams blames Reinfeldt for not delivering Manning.

Quote:
After firing senior executive vice president and COO Mike Reinfeldt yesterday, the reasons why remained up in the air (especially since he was still working when the news broke).

As it turns out, it was a nearly year-old slight that may have been the biggest factor in his losing his job.

According to Jim Wyatt of the Tennesseean, conversations with Adams and others gave him the distinct impression the single biggest reason Reinfeldt’s out of work was the failed pursuit of Peyton Manning last offseason.
Perhaps Manning didn't want to play for the guy looking back at Bud in the mirror?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read