Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 12-31-2012   #1
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 211500 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default 4 Best Teams in the AFC

Maybe some of you remember my other thread, "5 best teams in the NFL" Here's my last list:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
  1. Patriots
  2. Giants
  3. Texans
  4. Broncos
  5. Atlanta

Two things have changed since then.
  1. The Giants aren't in the play offs
    We all saw the Giants as one of the 5 best teams in the NFL. What happened? Were we wrong? Or did they just run into some bad luck?
  2. Atlanta kicked their arse
    I didn't think Atlanta had it in them. But they made a statement. They definitely have moved up in the top 5 of the NFL.

However, for this list I wanted to do a top 4 of the AFC. Figured I'd probably have to do a top 12 or top 15 in the NFL to keep the Texans on your list. & to keep it relevant, who are your top 4 of the AFC? Mine.......
  1. Denver
  2. Patriots
  3. Baltimore
  4. Indianapolis

Now, I mentioned earlier that we all thought the Giants were one of the top 5 teams in the NFL. Just two weeks ago, I wasn't alone with that thought. Missing the play offs haven't changed my mind about who they are. They'll be back next year & they'll make another run.

Same thing with the Texans. We don't have their history, but the fact remains the same. When the Texans are doing what they do to the best of their ability, they are a hard out. That's only true for a handful of teams. They may not be top 5 in the NFL, but they're still pretty damn good.

So, if you look at my list of top 4 in the AFC, you'll see the Texans aren't on it. Simply put, they are not playing like a top 5 team right now. But even saying that, doesn't mean I think the Texans will be 1 & done in the 2012 play-offs. I honestly don't know, but either the Bengals or the Texans will. Neither of them are on my top 4 list.

Baltimore will play Indianapolis. One of the teams that I think is better than the Texans will be eliminated from the play offs without us playing them. The winner of that game will go & play Denver the following week. Only one of those teams will advance. Another team that I think is better than the Texans will be eliminated without the Texans having to play them.

Just saying.

Who are your top 4 teams in the AFC right now?
Old 12-31-2012   #2
ajohnson80
Veteran

Rep Power: 810 ajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 4 Best Teams in the AFC

1.Patriots
2.Broncos
3.does it matter?
4." "
ajohnson80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012   #3
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 218535 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajohnson80 View Post
1.Patriots
2.Broncos
3.does it matter?
4." "
This.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012   #4
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 39273 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

1. Broncos
2. Patriots
3. Ravens
4. Bengals
5. Colts
6. Texans

Yeah, that's what I'm going with until Houston proves me wrong.
JCTexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013   #5
gg no re
iggnorent

Rep Power: 29181 gg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTexan View Post
1. Broncos
2. Patriots
3. Ravens
4. Bengals
5. Colts
6. Texans

I'd knock down the Ravens to a tie or below us. Despite how bad our offense has been lately, it wasn't bad enough for an OC to get fired late in the season.
gg no re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013   #6
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 211500 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg no re View Post
I'd knock down the Ravens to a tie or below us. Despite how bad our offense has been lately, it wasn't bad enough for an OC to get fired late in the season.
I think the Ravens' last couple of games, doing what they needed to do in demonstrative fashion shows they are a better team than we are right now.

They punked the Giants, playing for their play off lives. Then they came out last week & showed their starters are ready to play last week.

They didn't need to win the game, their starters didn't play the whole game. The loss means nothing. The way they played is what should be taken away from that game.
Old 01-01-2013   #7
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
1. Broncos
2. Patriots
3. Ravens
4. Bengals
5. Colts
6. Texans

Hopefully, the Colts will be eliminated this weekend. I want the Ravens to not only beat them, but, beat them beyond recognition!! I think we can take the Bengals, IF our boys really want the win. Depends on which Texan team shows up to play ball. They are definitely schizoid!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-05-2013   #8
bobbeaux
Rookie

Rep Power: 595 bobbeaux is a quality contributor and well respectedbobbeaux is a quality contributor and well respectedbobbeaux is a quality contributor and well respectedbobbeaux is a quality contributor and well respectedbobbeaux is a quality contributor and well respectedbobbeaux is a quality contributor and well respectedbobbeaux is a quality contributor and well respectedbobbeaux is a quality contributor and well respectedbobbeaux is a quality contributor and well respectedbobbeaux is a quality contributor and well respectedbobbeaux is a quality contributor and well respected

if you are only thinking right now and for the playoffs, i can understand everyone's reasoning, but i still think the texans are 3rd on the list, imo . . . they just haven't been playing that way . . . injuries to the lb core have crippled this team and have changed the way the team has to play as a whole . . . i'm not counting them out . . .
bobbeaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013   #9
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

I think the Texans played well enough today to be included in the top 4 of the AFC.

1. Patriots
2. Broncos
3. Ravens
4. Texans
Old 01-06-2013   #10
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 57275 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

We are better than Baltimore. We are the 3 seed and IMO that's exactly where we belong.
Old 01-06-2013   #11
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 8734 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
1. Broncos
2. Patriots
3. Ravens
4. Bengals
5. Colts
6. Texans

Houston has proved you wrong.
Old 01-06-2013   #12
Matt Schaub
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 Matt Schaub is a quality contributor and well respectedMatt Schaub is a quality contributor and well respectedMatt Schaub is a quality contributor and well respectedMatt Schaub is a quality contributor and well respectedMatt Schaub is a quality contributor and well respectedMatt Schaub is a quality contributor and well respectedMatt Schaub is a quality contributor and well respectedMatt Schaub is a quality contributor and well respectedMatt Schaub is a quality contributor and well respectedMatt Schaub is a quality contributor and well respectedMatt Schaub is a quality contributor and well respected

Texans can be one of the best teams in the league. As long as we play our game we can be victorious. I believe in my teammates and they believe in me.

Same should be for the fans.
Matt Schaub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013   #13
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 39273 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by utahmark View Post
Houston has proved you wrong.
Yes, they have. It's more a mindset I'm going with than anything. Put them at the bottom of the list each week and let them rise to the top of it.

Broncos
Patriots
Ravens
Texans
JCTexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013   #14
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 8734 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Schaub View Post
Texans can be one of the best teams in the league. As long as we play our game we can be victorious. I believe in my teammates and they believe in me.

Same should be for the fans.
I believe Matt. Now get off this board and go look at some game film.
Old 01-06-2013   #15
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
We are better than Baltimore. We are the 3 seed and IMO that's exactly where we belong.
That's debatable. We smothered a better team on the stat sheet, at least I think the Bengals are better than the Colts, but they owned the Colts on the scoreboard.

We allowed 6 points to the Bengals offense, they allowed 9 to the Colts. They found the endzone three times, we found it once.

I'm thinking the Ravens played better offensively, defensively is basically a wash.
Old 01-06-2013   #16
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 57275 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
That's debatable. We smothered a better team on the stat sheet, at least I think the Bengals are better than the Colts, but they owned the Colts on the scoreboard.

We allowed 6 points to the Bengals offense, they allowed 9 to the Colts. They found the endzone three times, we found it once.

I'm thinking the Ravens played better offensively, defensively is basically a wash.
We destroyed the ravens in all phases when we played them head to head. It's all that matters. If we play them again it will be in Houston and is expect another win
Old 01-06-2013   #17
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 119538 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll take Denver and New England as the top two. After that I'll take Houston #3 and Baltimore #4. Problem is the space between the top two and the bottom two is vast.

Having said that I think we can win on Sunday though my truth-o-meter, money, if I had to bet, goes on the Pats head.
Old 01-06-2013   #18
gtexan02
Working?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
I'll take Denver and New England as the top two. After that I'll take Houston #3 and Baltimore #4. Problem is the space between the top two and the bottom two is vast.

Having said that I think we can win on Sunday though my truth-o-meter, money, if I had to bet, goes on the Pats head.
Exactly my sentiments.
Old 01-06-2013   #19
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 44942 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post

We are better than Denver. It's not even arguable. Manning is the only player that is better at their respective positions.

We beat Denver in Denver right?

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013   #20
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 119538 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
We are better than Denver. It's not even arguable. Manning is the only player that is better at their respective positions.

We beat Denver in Denver right?
You think the Texans are better than Denver is a given to those who know? Ok, I'll defend your right to say that with my life.

You do know the Broncos we beat has gelled while ours has broken down like old oil in a car, right? Those were different teams playing that day.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read