Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-30-2012   #1
tedr
Veteran

Rep Power: 11584 tedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respected
Default What in the heck does this mean?

I read a postgame quote from Duane Brown, and he said something to the effect that "the intensity just wasn't there." How in the heck can you not be intense with what was at stake?
tedr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012   #2
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80496 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: What in the heck does this mean?

Meh, I think this is just him thinking out loud while still trying to figure out what went wrong. I bet he couldn't tell you WHO lacked intensity.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012   #3
TheIronDuke
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 102895 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

Lettermen jackets and Segways.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012   #4
tedr
Veteran

Rep Power: 11584 tedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
Meh, I think this is just him thinking out loud while still trying to figure out what went wrong. I bet he couldn't tell you WHO lacked intensity.
I hope you're right.
Old 12-30-2012   #5
mariowillshine15
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2512 mariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
The guy throwing the ball. The guy calling plays.
mariowillshine15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012   #6
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 138002 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

I have been looking for the transcript of the post game but no luck yet

I was honestly waiting to hear "it's on me"
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012   #7
qqert
All Pro

Rep Power: 22045 qqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respected
Red face Re: What in the heck does this mean?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronDuke View Post
thats what i said!

Quote:
Originally Posted by qqert View Post
Please burn your segways and letterman jackets.
Absolutely pathetic, inept, shameful showing from the offense!
qqert is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-30-2012   #8
Dishman
Miss Ya Blue

Rep Power: 10496 Dishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedr View Post
I read a postgame quote from Duane Brown, and he said something to the effect that "the intensity just wasn't there." How in the heck can you not be intense with what was at stake?
I saw DB thrown a grown man into the ground like he was a ragdoll on a screen play this afternoon. Duane Brown seemed like he came to play. I think he got blown up on at least one pass play, but I think he's speaking about others in this case.
Dishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012   #9
gafftop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9350 gafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respected

I agree burn the jackets give the segways to a worthy charity
gafftop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012   #10
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26865 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gafftop View Post
I agree burn the jackets give the segways to a worthy charity
No more hipster crap and no more stupid little video talk shows
Old 12-30-2012   #11
tedr
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dishman View Post
I saw DB thrown a grown man into the ground like he was a ragdoll on a screen play this afternoon. Duane Brown seemed like he came to play. I think he got blown up on at least one pass play, but I think he's speaking about others in this case.
Didn't mean to insinuate he was speaking about himself- should have been more clear...just thought it strange that anyone would come to play without intensity. Of course, like was said earlier, maybe he was just trying to collect his thoughts.
Old 12-30-2012   #12
amazing80
Site Contributor

Section: my couch
Rep Power: 87188 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected

they said the same bs when they got mopped up by New England....the intensity hasnt been there for 5 weeks.
Old 12-30-2012   #13
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6845 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected

This team is shellshocked. They're struggling, and they have no idea how to fix their issues. It looks like they're perplexed out there.
RTP2110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012   #14
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 105876 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTP2110 View Post
This team is shellshocked. They're struggling, and they have no idea how to fix their issues. It looks like they're perplexed out there.
Either that . . or they are just not really that good. Sorry, I can't go with the "lack intensity" or "perplexed" or "struggling" or "shellshocked" excuses for the last 5 or 6 weeks in a row.

The more accurate word is . . . . exposed.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012   #15
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 38175 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
Either that . . or they are just not really that good. Sorry, I can't go with the "lack intensity" or "perplexed" or "struggling" or "shellshocked" excuses for the last 5 or 6 weeks in a row.

The more accurate word is . . . . exposed.
I'd agree if they weren't moving the damn ball (for example), only to get clowned when they reach the 35.
Old 12-30-2012   #16
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 314445 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Whatever the Texans had in the early part of the season they've lost. I was hoping they'd find it today, but they didn't. This season is over. We can still beat the Bengals and get a road trip to New England, but that'll end it for this year.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012   #17
hradhak
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 8443 hradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respected

I think part of the problem is that in 2 seasons, once we have clinched the division we have not won a regular game. We race to get into the playoffs and then step off the gas. We had no adversity early on and now we are facing it. We need to come together as a team or we will be 1 and done
hradhak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012   #18
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Rep Power: 6022 Pantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Pantherstang84

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronDuke View Post
Now wait a minute. I got called out saying we were being petty when talking about the letter jackets and Segways last week. After all they are not football monks. (I believe that was the term used.)
Pantherstang84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012   #19
Fili
All Pro

Rep Power: 3891 Fili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by qqert View Post
*thats what she said!
Old 12-31-2012   #20
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 133852 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariowillshine15 View Post
The guy throwing the ball. The guy calling plays.
Amazing how you put blame all on one player especially when the player in question got owned all game long. Duane Brown said himself the intensity wasn't there. I saw that with my own eyes. This entire offense didn't play with any intensity other then AJ and Foster. It damn sure wasn't just Schaub though. That is the result of a HC who can't get his guys ready to play.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read