Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Realistic Lightning in a Bottle Qb

possibe and realistic qb's we might get that can turn this around.

late 2nd rd qb?? i dont see it.
alex smith-too pricey
kirk cousins-not happening

vince young- possible
kevin kolb-more realistic and probably highest upside/realistic combination

what do you think?

alex smith-too pricey

vince young- possible

what do you think?

quit making threads

alex smith-too pricey

vince young- possible

what do you think?

So your asking if I would rather have Vince Young or Kevin Kolb? Let me ponder that one.

So your asking if I would rather have Vince Young or Kevin Kolb? Let me ponder that one.

Can't, already taken

christian-ponder.jpg

Sometimes its simply about the available alternatives compared to what you have, and weighing if they even give you an upgrade. Or its just making a symbolic changeover. But maybe you get an unproven Kurt Warner type up for the challenge.

Maybe choices arent good, but OP is just stating what's out there. Probably have to go through the draft for the future prospect and wait it through a while to get the big payoff

QBs likely to be available in FA:

Luke McCown – ATL
Tarvaris Jackson – BUF
Tyler Thigpen – BUF
Derek Anderson – CAR
Jason Campbell – CHI
Josh McCown – CHI
Bruce Gradkowski – CIN
Drew Stanton – IND
Brady Quinn – KC
Pat Devlin – MIA – (Ex)
Matt Moore – MIA
David Carr – NYG
Matt Leinart – OAK
Charlie Batch – PIT
Byron Leftwich – PIT
Kellen Clemens – STL
Rex Grossman – WAS

Which one do you want? Take your pick. Nobody is lining up to fight for them.

If those are my choices i pick neither & just role with Yates....he may not be "lightning in a bottle" and his ceiling is probably marc bulger, but he'd likely be better than any option you presented.

alex smith-too pricey

vince young- possible

what do you think?

Dude, there is absolutely no way our team will improve with Vince Young OR Kevin Kolb at the helm. Both of those players are worthless as far as the advancement of a team goes. Im not sold on Cousins either. The kid has played one game and all of the sudden he is in "future QB" talks? Kind of remind you of Matt Flynn? Alex over Schaub is no game changer either.

Honestly, Kolb is laughable and if we canned Schaub for Kolb I will turn into a burrito and eat myself because this world is upside down at that point.

There is a reason VY is out of a job and its not to "save" our franchise.

I like what Yates has to offer to be honest with you. I think the kid with another year of watching can be our QB of the future. He showed some good footwork in and out of the pocket and he made some real good throws last season. He also made some bone headed plays but he was a rookie.

I think Yates is a better choice than all of those.

I honestly don't think the Texans are ready to move on from Schaub. I don't think they are as sure in the Front office as we are here on this board, that Schaub can't get the job done.

Correct. Schaub is going nowhere. This is mental masturbation at its best and nothing more.

Still, it's fun to talk about. I'd like to see Yates play with some real preparation. Just to see how far he's come. Looking forward to next preseason to see whether he or Keenum looks like they're ready to push Schaub even a little.

Not that I think it would matter. I think Kubiak could have Steve Young on the bench and would find a way to stick with Schaub for as long as possible. That's his boy out there.

Dude, there is absolutely no way our team will improve with Vince Young OR Kevin Kolb at the helm. Both of those players are worthless as far as the advancement of a team goes. Im not sold on Cousins either. The kid has played one game and all of the sudden he is in "future QB" talks? Kind of remind you of Matt Flynn? Alex over Schaub is no game changer either.

Honestly, Kolb is laughable and if we canned Schaub for Kolb I will turn into a burrito and eat myself because this world is upside down at that point.

There is a reason VY is out of a job and its not to "save" our franchise.

I like what Yates has to offer to be honest with you. I think the kid with another year of watching can be our QB of the future. He showed some good footwork in and out of the pocket and he made some real good throws last season. He also made some bone headed plays but he was a rookie.

I think Yates is a better choice than all of those.

I believe that you can break QB's with bad coaching. You can break some of them by sitting them too long just like you can by throwing them out there too soon. There are as many different ways to screw up developing a QB as there are kinds of people. Some guys just aren't going to make it no matter what situation you put them in.

Kolb (I think) at one time had a chance to maybe be good. I don't think it's likely that we ever see that happen though. Whatever happened to him seems to have rubbed out whatever pocket presence he once had. Whether it was sitting in Philadelphia or just being thrown to the wolves in Arizona he's finished and that's a real shame. I had high hopes for him.

Back