Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-30-2012   #21
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 87068 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: What in the heck does this mean?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTP2110 View Post
This team is shellshocked. They're struggling, and they have no idea how to fix their issues. It looks like they're perplexed out there.
That reminds me of 2 years ago when the season ended at 6-10. Kubiak in his press conference admitted that he had no idea how to fix what was wrong. The man said "I don't know" when point blank asked what he could do to turn things around. He was truly defeated, lost and at that time probably figured he was fired anyway so was brutally honest.

I thought that presser sealed his fate. Now it appears that we are back there again. The man is clueless and the team is just as perplexed as he is.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012   #22
midway
Veteran

Rep Power: 1490 midway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
Either that . . or they are just not really that good. Sorry, I can't go with the "lack intensity" or "perplexed" or "struggling" or "shellshocked" excuses for the last 5 or 6 weeks in a row.
This is the time when having a real head coach would come in handy.
midway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012   #23
midway
Veteran

Rep Power: 1490 midway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
That reminds me of 2 years ago when the season ended at 6-10. Kubiak in his press conference admitted that he had no idea how to fix what was wrong. The man said "I don't know" when point blank asked what he could do to turn things around. He was truly defeated, lost and at that time probably figured he was fired anyway so was brutally honest.

I thought that presser sealed his fate. Now it appears that we are back there again. The man is clueless and the team is just as perplexed as he is.
I'm still angry he wasn't fired after that year.
midway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012   #24
mike moffat
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6672 mike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Whatever the Texans had in the early part of the season they've lost. I was hoping they'd find it today, but they didn't. This season is over. We can still beat the Bengals and get a road trip to New England, but that'll end it for this year.
You're right Thorn. But I doubt that we can beat the Bengals. We'll be looking at New England and conceding the loss. I really feel sorry for a handful of our players: AJ, JJ, Foster, Daniels and a few more. They gave 100% effort.
Old 12-30-2012   #25
mike moffat
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6672 mike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
Amazing how you put blame all on one player especially when the player in question got owned all game long. Duane Brown said himself the intensity wasn't there. I saw that with my own eyes. This entire offense didn't play with any intensity other then AJ and Foster. It damn sure wasn't just Schaub though. That is the result of a HC who can't get his guys ready to play.
I agree. Especially your last sentence.

As I have said in other threads, I don't see Kubiak getting excited about a damned thing. Stand there on the sidelines with the play card in his hand looking completely lost. He's not capable of taking this team to the next level. Where's the friking emotion?

I'm so sick of Foster right, Foster draw, Andre Johnson or Owen Daniels hail marys. If it's not on Kube's play card.....don't change it or improvise whatever you do!
Old 12-31-2012   #26
deucetx
All Pro

Rep Power: 28119 deucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respected

Here is something Antonio Smith said that I saw in an article in the chron. Draw your own conclusions from it but I to me it screams a team lacking leadership and I always believe it first begins at the top:

“It’s like you get used to doing something one way, and then it automatically becomes tougher,” defensive end Antonio Smith said. “The things you’re used to doing so easy get a little bit harder, but you’re going into it with the same mind frame, expecting the same outcomes. Teams are coming to play us with a whole other mind frame. I could feel it out there on the field. A whole other intensity. We’ve got to find that same thing.”
deucetx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012   #27
heymak
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 heymak is a quality contributor and well respectedheymak is a quality contributor and well respectedheymak is a quality contributor and well respectedheymak is a quality contributor and well respectedheymak is a quality contributor and well respectedheymak is a quality contributor and well respectedheymak is a quality contributor and well respectedheymak is a quality contributor and well respectedheymak is a quality contributor and well respectedheymak is a quality contributor and well respectedheymak is a quality contributor and well respected

It's time like this when the coach rallies the troops, lights a fire under their ..... Awe never mind.
heymak is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-31-2012   #28
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 243703 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaShark316 View Post
I'd agree if they weren't moving the damn ball (for example), only to get clowned when they reach the 35.
They've always had a crappy red zone offense.
Old 12-31-2012   #29
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 249442 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariowillshine15 View Post
The guy throwing the ball. The guy calling plays.

Pretty much everyone with a Texans logo on their gear excluding those in the stands who I'm certain brought it as always.
Old 12-31-2012   #30
Ranger Tom
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16893 Ranger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respected

Have Mr. Cushing give the pregame and halftime speeches. Intensity problem solved.
Ranger Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012   #31
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 96241 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post

In fairness, Tom Coughlin said the same thing about his team's annual swoon in November...sometimes you know the answer, just can't tell the press b/c it would mean throwing player(s) under the bus.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read