Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Cincinnati Bengals @ Houston Texans WC

amazing80

Hall of Fame
dc010711-D.jpg

Vs.

bull.jpg

Last year's playoff game does not count, don't even talk about it.

Texans being offensive
The last few weeks, Houston has struggled mightily on offense. We have 3 touchdowns in the last 18 quarters (minus TJ Yates garbage TD in New England). Thats right folks, 3 touchdowns offensively in 18 quarters of football. That stat shows how poor we have played the last 4 games. This team rides and dies by how our offense plays. If we continue to struggle we will not beat the Bengals and will lose in the wild card round.

Keys to the game
1. The first thing we need to do is establish the run. We have clearly established that without the run game we're terrible on offense. We CANNOT GET INTO a shootout with Cincinnati because we do not have the offensive power to keep up. We need to feed Arian and Ben and force the Bengals to scoot up, then abusing them via the PA. We must quit forcing the ball to the right, because we are trash running that way. The RG position is in shambles and we get no breathing room that way. Gary has to let his ego go and avoid running that way.

arian-foster-ben-tate.jpg

2. Our defense MUST get pressure. Our secondary has proven all year long that it cannot hang with any passing team unless pressure is applied regularly. In order to do this, we must get a lead and punish their run game. If we force them to be one dimensional, the game is in our favor. Connor Barwin, Brooks Reed and Whitney Mercilus MUST show up because JJ Watt and Antonio Smith cannot continue to be the only ones getting pressure. Wade will need to come up with a few deadly plays that cause pressure from someone else (Manning, Quin or Jackson). This is a very important task that will decide the outcome for our defense. #bullsonparade

12Texans+watt.jpg

3. Its time to regain our swagger. We have been playing timid and way too conservative on BOTH sides of the ball. I am tired of seeing a lethargic team take the field. We must get our swagger back and play Texas style ball. Somewhere along the line we lost our identity and our players and coaches have not been able to find it. This is squarely on Gary Kubiak to instill confidence and mojo back within the players. The fire needs to be lit and its on our coach to hand the lighter to our on field captains to light the torch. He better figure how to do that very quickly.

91422132.jpg

This team has been struggling with success and have been faltering under the immense pressure. Well its time for them to step up and prove they belong or fold up and admit they are pretenders. As a fan we bicker about players and about coaching decisions, but at the end of the day we come together for one thing, A Texans Victory. The talent on this team is good enough to win a championship and if they can get their crap together they will be VERY hard to beat. Even on the road this team is dangerous. It all starts with preparation and knowing they are a great team. I hope Gary can prove to all of us he is the man for the job by getting them ready and having them play a great game. This Bengals team is no joke and their offense will be VERY hard to contain, not to mention their defense is explosive and very technically sound. This game will be tougher than last season and I hope our team gets focused and puts their emotions on the table and come away with a victory. The fact they fumbled away HFA will either break this team or will make them come together. This time next week, we will know what kind of team, coach and owner we have.

man...donno if I can focus on the wildcard game after this craptastic back to back effort vs the league's classically mediocre/average teams (at least this season) in the Vikes and the Colts. I may be in the mood by Saturday.

Can we edit the thread title to make it more....well....game-thready?

idk how you do youre "game-thready" thats how I am accustomed to where I typically post....you are more than welcome to start a new one and move this....Im trying to move on from this terrible game today

If I so much as even watch this game, it'll be be a miracle. No way am I going to get excited about it.

I'm asking for an Amber alert for this team's soul. It was lost somewhere in the New England area.

Stop Green-Ellis. Double Green. Make Dalton beat you with his other targets.

Run the ball effectively to set up play action bombs. Actually throw the bombs accurately.

I'm very excited about this game and I think that we will pull a win out of it. We match up well with the Bengals and we're not facing an elite level QB. I feel like Watt is going to go ape **** on boys and win it for us again. :swatter:

Ugh....

0-0, at least we are in this thing. Just imagine how Giants fans are feeling or how Cowboy fans will feel later tonight.

Just beat Cincy and maybe the team can get their swagger back.

I'm very excited about this game and I think that we will pull a win out of it. We match up well with the Bengals and we're not facing an elite level QB. I feel like Watt is going to go ape **** on boys and win it for us again. :swatter:

um our qb facing an elite D, fgs wont win

McNair sold it for a larger scoreboard...that will have larger ads.

Actually the scoreboard won't be any bigger. The new plan is to tell people the scoreboard is bigger and to then make everything on it smaller.

Starting with the Texans scoring. That's already being downsized right before our eyes.

You mean like the elite QBs the Texans have been facing the past 2 weeks Ponder and Luck the rookie? Lol

what ever helps you sleep at night.....

Dalton is gonna light this secondary up and revenge will be for the Bengals....

4 game losing streak to end the NFL season....ugh:toropalm:

Really? They were 11-1 heading into that game. I'm blaming the letterman jackets.

Yeah, I know we were 11-1, but this team clearly wasn't the same after Cushing got hurt. Defense suffered, offense suffered because the defense suffered, and the rest is history. You could see the immediate effects of losing him the week after when we got lit up by GB.

Yeah, I know we were 11-1, but this team clearly wasn't the same after Cushing got hurt. Defense suffered, offense suffered because the defense suffered, and the rest is history. You could see the immediate effects of losing him the week after when we got lit up by GB.

So how do you explain the Chicago game?

We have a better than 50/50 chance to beat the Bungles. It's time for the bulls to parade again.

This game is meaningless. Even if they win they're just going to go to New England and get @$$raped again.

Lets hope not.

I just hope they make it come down to a close game if they do get past the Bengals.

It really sucks to hear the media ALREADY talking about Brady vs Manning. If it's not the Texans, I hope some other team ruins it for them. Seen that **** enough. Don't want to see it again and don't care to.

Time to forget about the regular season and get ready for playoffs. We have a whole off season ahead of us where we can be negative if we lose. Lets go Texans, we really need to gain some momentum in this one.

It's the playoffs. We should all feel excited regardless. But let's not feel too excited. If we can beat the Bengals at home and the Patriots on the road in the divisional round - then we should feel more pumped up going into Denver for the AFC Championship

It's the playoffs. We should all feel excited regardless. But let's not feel too excited. If we can beat the Bengals at home and the Patriots on the road in the divisional round - then we should feel more pumped up going into Denver for the AFC Championship

Beat Bengals @ home: maybe. not likely.

Beat Patriots on road: Nope, not gonna happen.

Beat Denver on road: No freaking way.

:toropalm:

The good news is we might beat the Bengals @ home and then lose to the Patriots by less than 3 TDs!!!

This team is in full tailspin mode. The only thing worse than losing to Cincy, would be winning and having to go back to Foxboro. These Texans, from the coaches on down, are not ready for success.

I just hope they win to shut some of you guys up. To be fair, the Texans have made it hard to argue with anything i'm hearing on this board.

31-10 Bengals. Just put this team out of its misery. Also, I hope the game is on Saturday so we don't have to wait an extra day to watch this team fail.

Wow this board is getting really really sad and gloomy. Before we had a good team i used to always here "any given sunday" now that we have a good team we have no shot :toropalm:

Wow this board is getting really really sad and gloomy. Before we had a good team i used to always here "any given sunday" now that we have a good team we have no shot :toropalm:

I'm calling bull Ellis.

When this team was bad there was plenty of griping around here. Plenty.

well, last year we lost 3 games before the playoffs started and we still came out ballin in the wc round, maybe we do it again?

Back