Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read


Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2012   #21
76Texan
Hall of Fame
 
76Texan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 13,561
Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Blame the team not the refs

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
Two plays were the difference so blame the team not the refs that is sorry.
They make a huge difference, Gary (and I'm not even talking about other calls).

Instead of 7, the Colts only get 3 points on one play.
On the other play, they punted the ball; however we should have had the ball right there already in range of a short FG.
We should at least score 3 points there, maybe even 7.

Instead of leading 16-14 late in the third, we could have let 19-10 or 23-10.

Even after they return the KO for a TD, we would still lead 19-17 or 23-17 in the fourth quarter.

It affects the play call, as we would have been running the ball more.
When we get inside their 30 yard line, instead of Schaub getting sacked, we would likely be running the ball.
Even if we don't convert the third down, we were still in range for a FG.

We would have led 22-17 or 26-17.
It's a huge difference, Gary.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013   #22
HJam72
Hall of Fame
 
HJam72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Over here.
Age: 42
Posts: 11,568
Rep Power: 80496 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Blame the team not the refs

When I see plays like that fumble that was called back, I don't just feel that the refs screwed us (by accident), I seriously wonder if it's rigged. Frankly, I don't even care about some obscure, bullcrap rule in the playbook, either, because you know D**** well that obscure rule would not pop up against a team with Brady or Manning or RGIII @ QB, unless they are playing against each other. Maybe we need a martyr to get the league to have officials in our favor for a few decades. Which player is going to kill himself for the team?
__________________

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013   #23
gary
Hall of Fame
 
gary's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Wheelchair
Age: 22
Posts: 21,559
Rep Power: 54086 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary
Default Re: Blame the team not the refs

The game was lost not rigged.
__________________
Without the strength to endure the crisis, one will not see the opportunity within. It is within the process of endurance that opportunity reveals itself.
Chin-Ning Chu -
gary is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013   #24
Showtime100
Got AJ?
 
Showtime100's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Austin,Tx
Age: 51
Posts: 21,179
Rep Power: 172517 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Blame the team not the refs

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
The game was lost not rigged.
Agreed. I was one of the posters on the Gameday thread that complained about the officiating, especially the fumble that wasn't and bumping the official not being called. However, the Texans lost this game all by themselves.

I doubt many here think the refs had a hand in this loss.
__________________
I didn't like that movie...
Showtime100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013   #25
BigBull17
Hall of Fame
 
BigBull17's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Alvin
Age: 33
Posts: 5,103
Rep Power: 9755 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Blame the team not the refs

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
They make a huge difference, Gary (and I'm not even talking about other calls).

Instead of 7, the Colts only get 3 points on one play.
On the other play, they punted the ball; however we should have had the ball right there already in range of a short FG.
We should at least score 3 points there, maybe even 7.

Instead of leading 16-14 late in the third, we could have let 19-10 or 23-10.

Even after they return the KO for a TD, we would still lead 19-17 or 23-17 in the fourth quarter.

It affects the play call, as we would have been running the ball more.
When we get inside their 30 yard line, instead of Schaub getting sacked, we would likely be running the ball.
Even if we don't convert the third down, we were still in range for a FG.

We would have led 22-17 or 26-17.
It's a huge difference, Gary.
That was as bad a reversal as "duel possession". At least those guys were replacement refs. I stared at the screen in shock when they called it an incomplete pass. So terrible.
__________________
There are no strings on me.
BigBull17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013   #26
76Texan
Hall of Fame
 
76Texan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 13,561
Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Blame the team not the refs

And on the returned TD, ya' know, I saw three (3) blocks in the back, none of them were called.

There were another block in the back on the previous return that went uncalled and the returner advanced the ball somewhere between the 30-35 yard line.

On the other hand, they called Clutts for holding on a kick that went into the end zone for a touchback; ie., Clutts' hold had no effect on the play whatsoever.

Then, of course the stupid PI on Kareem Jackson late in the game to extend their drive and stopped our defense from getting on the field.

Not to mention holding with offensive lineman's arm wrapping around our D-lineman, D-player lining up in the neutral zone, etc.

Yeah, the game wasn't affected by bad officiating !
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013   #27
76Texan
Hall of Fame
 
76Texan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 13,561
Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Blame the team not the refs

How do you miss 3 blocks in the back on one play?
And it's a scoring play, which is automatically reviewed.
Do I really need to post a gazillion of screen shots to show them?
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-03-2013   #28
Big Lou
Stop Clowning
 
Big Lou's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Section: DirecTV
Age: 39
Posts: 3,396
Rep Power: 48384 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Blame the team not the refs

I blast the Ref's, but I realize its an extremely difficult job. When things look one way in real time and we think they are crazy to only find out when watching in slow mo they were right, it amazes me.

I'm on the Officials when they call a bad game, and I admit I go after them, and I can be a Homer.

I agree with the people hat say "The Texans lost", they didn't play well enough. However I disagree when some in here get man at people like me because both extremes are wrong. To say the game was lost only becuase of the Refs is wrong, to say that the game was only lost because of poor or mediocre play is wrong as well.

The Refs have a profound affect on the outcome of the game at times, if you disagree with me thats your right but you are wrong. This is a game of inches, 1-3 bad calls can change 90% of all the NFL the games in my opinion, depending on timing.

Any call can stop or create momentum for either team, just like a big sack, big gain, or long run. On paper there is very little difference between a big play and a bad call, they can both have the same result, and they can changes a teams demeanor. A penalty that negates a three an out can keep a defense on the field, and result in a TD all because of one penalty.

I'm not starting a fight so don't want some in here to get all pissy, its just my observation, and I don't mean everybody just some, and I don't have anyone in mind when I say this. I think some people think they are taking responsibility by saying "It was all poor play", like they aren't passing off blame, like its some kind of moral thing. As if those that get pissed at the Refs are people that blame the world for everything that is wrong in thier life. As if calling the team out is the way to be a man in a way. On the flip side there are fans that blame the Refs no matter what, I acknowledge that.

I will say that during a game I'm a fan, almost every call against the Texans is wrong for some reason, and that almost every failed play was the result of some missed call against the other team, I get passionate. However after the game I'm subjective, and things sink in.

So I've said it many times this week, the Texans played at about a 3 or a 4 on a scale of 1-10 of what they can do. Sometimes thats good enough, but this week it wasn't, the Colts played a level high enough, the ball bounced thier way a lot, and no one can deny that it sure looked like we got called for everything and then some, and they got away with a little more. We had 9 penalties, and they had 2. I'm saying that we didn't commit more, because a lot goes uncalled for both teams, but it sure felt skewed a little more one way tham the other.

In this last game we got hoesd on a couple of critical calls, and I feel it would have been a much closer game, we may not have won, but it would have been at least closer. Add that to the fiasco of a game last year in Indy, which was in my opinion the worst officiated game in Texans history its easy as a fan to attack the Refs.

Regardless of how you feel about what I have said, the Refs do impact games. They had an impact last Sunday, and that combined with horrible play by the offense to end in an almost unwatchable game at times.
__________________
Nothing is impossible, it just costs more.
Big Lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013   #29
Vinnie
with an I E
 
Vinnie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Section: 506, best section in the 500's!
Age: 38
Posts: 1,047
Rep Power: 13154 Vinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Blame the team not the refs

Unfortunately, I'm feeling much like Wooly B about the NFL now. One day we're going to learn it's all a fix. I've felt the same way about the NBA for years, never thought I'd feel that way about football, but here I am.
Vinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013   #30
Indy Skinnz
Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 160
Rep Power: 1277 Indy Skinnz is a quality contributor and well respectedIndy Skinnz is a quality contributor and well respectedIndy Skinnz is a quality contributor and well respectedIndy Skinnz is a quality contributor and well respectedIndy Skinnz is a quality contributor and well respectedIndy Skinnz is a quality contributor and well respectedIndy Skinnz is a quality contributor and well respectedIndy Skinnz is a quality contributor and well respectedIndy Skinnz is a quality contributor and well respectedIndy Skinnz is a quality contributor and well respectedIndy Skinnz is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Blame the team not the refs

I am a Colts season ticket holder and was at the game on Sunday. The complaining about the officials strikes me as funny because there were plenty of calls that had the home crowd booing. It is all perception.

1) The Vontae Davis is clearly overblown on this board because the league has not found too much wrong with what he did since no fine has been announced.

2) Whoever thought the game is was rigged - freaking funny stuff there.

3) To the guy complaining about holds on the kick return and reviewing the play, it simply does not matter. Even if reviewed and the "holds" were evident, the play still stands. They cannot retroactively call those kinds of penalties.

I would stop bitching about the refs and worry more about:
1) The right side of your o'line
2) Schaub and his vacant stare
3) Lacking the discipline to not jump offsides
4) Giving up two long TD's.
5) The tremendous lack of momentum going into the post-season.

Those are all far more important than the perceived slights by the refs.
Indy Skinnz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013   #31
BigBull17
Hall of Fame
 
BigBull17's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Alvin
Age: 33
Posts: 5,103
Rep Power: 9755 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Blame the team not the refs

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
And on the returned TD, ya' know, I saw three (3) blocks in the back, none of them were called.

There were another block in the back on the previous return that went uncalled and the returner advanced the ball somewhere between the 30-35 yard line.

On the other hand, they called Clutts for holding on a kick that went into the end zone for a touchback; ie., Clutts' hold had no effect on the play whatsoever.

Then, of course the stupid PI on Kareem Jackson late in the game to extend their drive and stopped our defense from getting on the field.

Not to mention holding with offensive lineman's arm wrapping around our D-lineman, D-player lining up in the neutral zone, etc.

Yeah, the game wasn't affected by bad officiating !
I told my wife when Wayne was pleading his case that PI was going to be called on the next play. The refs are so terrible it makes you think there is a fix even though there isn't.
__________________
There are no strings on me.
BigBull17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013   #32
BigBull17
Hall of Fame
 
BigBull17's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Alvin
Age: 33
Posts: 5,103
Rep Power: 9755 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Blame the team not the refs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy Skinnz View Post
I am a Colts season ticket holder and was at the game on Sunday. The complaining about the officials strikes me as funny because there were plenty of calls that had the home crowd booing. It is all perception.

1) The Vontae Davis is clearly overblown on this board because the league has not found too much wrong with what he did since no fine has been announced.

2) Whoever thought the game is was rigged - freaking funny stuff there.

3) To the guy complaining about holds on the kick return and reviewing the play, it simply does not matter. Even if reviewed and the "holds" were evident, the play still stands. They cannot retroactively call those kinds of penalties.

I would stop bitching about the refs and worry more about:
1) The right side of your o'line
2) Schaub and his vacant stare
3) Lacking the discipline to not jump offsides
4) Giving up two long TD's.
5) The tremendous lack of momentum going into the post-season.

Those are all far more important than the perceived slights by the refs.
**** off. Go worry about the Ratbirds. Anyone who can watch that abomination of a game and say "These officials called a good game" is smoking crack. We played like ****, true, but the bad calls were game changing type calls. Congrats, your PoS team threw a **** ton of games and you got Luck, bravo. A colts fan saying blaming refs is hilarious, since the ****ty PI rules are in place because your ***** ass WR and Manning's whining ass are the reason they rewrote the PI rules.
__________________
There are no strings on me.
BigBull17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013   #33
76Texan
Hall of Fame
 
76Texan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 13,561
Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Blame the team not the refs

Big Lou, I'm somewhat in the same boat with you in most regards, since we're just normal fans.

But there's no telling what I might do if I'm a Congressman.

Back to the penalties, a couple of weeks ago, we talked about them in a different thread. In a certain game, we were flagged 9 times.
I disagree with one totally, and noted a few iffy ones.
But since none of them had much affects on the outcome of the game, it didn't bother me hardly.

On some of those penalties, I had to play it in super slow-mo a few times before I caught a couple of calls they made correctly.
These guys have eagle eyes, I tell ya'.

For them to miss so many this time around, is definitely not right, especially when many of them are so crucial.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013   #34
handswarmer
All Pro
 
handswarmer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Town of Bel Air, Peoples Republic of Maryland.
Posts: 798
Rep Power: 20183 handswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Blame the team not the refs

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBull17 View Post
**** off. Go worry about the Ratbirds. Anyone who can watch that abomination of a game and say "These officials called a good game" is smoking crack. We played like ****, true, but the bad calls were game changing type calls. Congrats, your PoS team threw a **** ton of games and you got Luck, bravo. A colts fan saying blaming refs is hilarious, since the ****ty PI rules are in place because your ***** ass WR and Manning's whining ass are the reason they rewrote the PI rules.
Wow

Stay classy
handswarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013   #35
thunderkyss 
& so it begins
 
thunderkyss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Texas
Age: 42
Posts: 36,272
Rep Power: 323680 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Blame the team not the refs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy Skinnz View Post
I would stop bitching about the refs and worry more about:
1) The right side of your o'line
2) Schaub and his vacant stare
3) Lacking the discipline to not jump offsides
4) Giving up two long TD's.
5) The tremendous lack of momentum going into the post-season.

Those are all far more important than the perceived slights by the refs.



Isn't it just easier to blame the refs?
__________________
thunderkyss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013   #36
ESAD2-14
TexanAmerican
 
ESAD2-14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Cypress
Posts: 884
Rep Power: 23664 ESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Blame the team not the refs

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBull17 View Post
**** off. Go worry about the Ratbirds. Anyone who can watch that abomination of a game and say "These officials called a good game" is smoking crack. We played like ****, true, but the bad calls were game changing type calls. Congrats, your PoS team threw a **** ton of games and you got Luck, bravo. A colts fan saying blaming refs is hilarious, since the ****ty PI rules are in place because your ***** ass WR and Manning's whining ass are the reason they rewrote the PI rules.
Thought I was the only one who wondered if the Colt's might have "conveniently" sucked accidentally on purpose last year. If that is even remotely true and if the scheme to do so were in place, regardless of who was aware or not - while it would have been a shrewd and some would say savvy move; that would be some low down dirty s--t.
__________________
FIDO
ESAD2-14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013   #37
Big Lou
Stop Clowning
 
Big Lou's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Section: DirecTV
Age: 39
Posts: 3,396
Rep Power: 48384 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Blame the team not the refs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy Skinnz View Post
I am a Colts season ticket holder and was at the game on Sunday. The complaining about the officials strikes me as funny because there were plenty of calls that had the home crowd booing. It is all perception.

1) The Vontae Davis is clearly overblown on this board because the league has not found too much wrong with what he did since no fine has been announced.
2) Whoever thought the game is was rigged - freaking funny stuff there.
3) To the guy complaining about holds on the kick return and reviewing the play, it simply does not matter. Even if reviewed and the "holds" were evident, the play still stands. They cannot retroactively call those kinds of penalties.

I would stop bitching about the refs and worry more about:
1) The right side of your o'line
2) Schaub and his vacant stare
3) Lacking the discipline to not jump offsides
4) Giving up two long TD's.
5) The tremendous lack of momentum going into the post-season.

Those are all far more important than the perceived slights by the refs.
Overblown? The guy touched an official, you can be ejected no questions asked for that move, and wasn't a light touch.


As for the home town crowd, how many penalties against the home team have you heard cheered. Every penalty no matter how obvious is boo'd by the hoime crowd.

As for being rigged, I don't think the game was rigged. Do I think things were biased? Absolutely. Between the Chuckstrong thing, and the "Texans have never beat Indy in Indy thing", it was a joke. Two storylines that got drummed all freaking day long. In the end the NFL is here to make money, its a business.



As for the stuff we are suppossed to worry about per you, we have beat that stuff to death. the reasons the officials come in to play is because of those issues. I Houston was playing like week 1-6, you'd never see this thread because it would have been 41-6 Houston. This thread is because the score would have been much closer if things were called differently.

In two trips to Indy in two years, horrible officiating both times, case closed.
__________________
Nothing is impossible, it just costs more.
Big Lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013   #38
Indy Skinnz
Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 160
Rep Power: 1277 Indy Skinnz is a quality contributor and well respectedIndy Skinnz is a quality contributor and well respectedIndy Skinnz is a quality contributor and well respectedIndy Skinnz is a quality contributor and well respectedIndy Skinnz is a quality contributor and well respectedIndy Skinnz is a quality contributor and well respectedIndy Skinnz is a quality contributor and well respectedIndy Skinnz is a quality contributor and well respectedIndy Skinnz is a quality contributor and well respectedIndy Skinnz is a quality contributor and well respectedIndy Skinnz is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Blame the team not the refs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Lou View Post
Overblown? The guy touched an official, you can be ejected no questions asked for that move, and wasn't a light touch.


As for the home town crowd, how many penalties against the home team have you heard cheered. Every penalty no matter how obvious is boo'd by the hoime crowd.

As for being rigged, I don't think the game was rigged. Do I think things were biased? Absolutely. Between the Chuckstrong thing, and the "Texans have never beat Indy in Indy thing", it was a joke. Two storylines that got drummed all freaking day long. In the end the NFL is here to make money, its a business.



As for the stuff we are suppossed to worry about per you, we have beat that stuff to death. the reasons the officials come in to play is because of those issues. I Houston was playing like week 1-6, you'd never see this thread because it would have been 41-6 Houston. This thread is because the score would have been much closer if things were called differently.

In two trips to Indy in two years, horrible officiating both times, case closed.
You are a funny guy. A bit over the top with this stuff but funny nonetheless.

Regarding Davis, if it was such an outrageous touch, why is it you are the only one that I have heard mention it? Why has there been no fine announced? The fact is it was nothing.

My point about the crowd is the same as you. They were booing calls that they felt were poor or not made. Same as you. By that logic, the Colts had to overcome the refs, no? It is all perception even if they are simply wrong, which you absolutely are in some of your assertions.

And so let me get this straight. The NFL has a vested interest in making sure the Texans stay winless in Indy? For what reason? Why would they care?
Indy Skinnz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013   #39
Indy Skinnz
Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 160
Rep Power: 1277 Indy Skinnz is a quality contributor and well respectedIndy Skinnz is a quality contributor and well respectedIndy Skinnz is a quality contributor and well respectedIndy Skinnz is a quality contributor and well respectedIndy Skinnz is a quality contributor and well respectedIndy Skinnz is a quality contributor and well respectedIndy Skinnz is a quality contributor and well respectedIndy Skinnz is a quality contributor and well respectedIndy Skinnz is a quality contributor and well respectedIndy Skinnz is a quality contributor and well respectedIndy Skinnz is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Blame the team not the refs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESAD2-14 View Post
Thought I was the only one who wondered if the Colt's might have "conveniently" sucked accidentally on purpose last year. If that is even remotely true and if the scheme to do so were in place, regardless of who was aware or not - while it would have been a shrewd and some would say savvy move; that would be some low down dirty s--t.
Pure nonsense. It served them no purpose to win but they absolutely did not tank it. If they would have tanked the season, why keep Manning on the active roster all year? Why would they play their asses off against Houston in Indy last year? All that game did was put them in jeopardy of not getting the # 1 pick. And the last game of the year, they got the ball back and were trying to win at the end against J'ville.
Indy Skinnz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013   #40
Indy Skinnz
Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 160
Rep Power: 1277 Indy Skinnz is a quality contributor and well respectedIndy Skinnz is a quality contributor and well respectedIndy Skinnz is a quality contributor and well respectedIndy Skinnz is a quality contributor and well respectedIndy Skinnz is a quality contributor and well respectedIndy Skinnz is a quality contributor and well respectedIndy Skinnz is a quality contributor and well respectedIndy Skinnz is a quality contributor and well respectedIndy Skinnz is a quality contributor and well respectedIndy Skinnz is a quality contributor and well respectedIndy Skinnz is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Blame the team not the refs

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBull17 View Post
**** off. Go worry about the Ratbirds. Anyone who can watch that abomination of a game and say "These officials called a good game" is smoking crack. We played like ****, true, but the bad calls were game changing type calls. Congrats, your PoS team threw a **** ton of games and you got Luck, bravo. A colts fan saying blaming refs is hilarious, since the ****ty PI rules are in place because your ***** ass WR and Manning's whining ass are the reason they rewrote the PI rules.
Well done.

So the calls that went against the Texans were game changing? Interesting.

And your tanking theory is interesting as well. Off base and clueless but interesting.
Indy Skinnz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:33 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger