Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-30-2012   #41
ziggy29
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12794 ziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The "Kubiak effect" has kicked in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
The whole offense is stinking it up....and i fail to see how schaub's poor play affects the offenses inability to convert a 3rd and 2 on a simple power run play...how schaub's poor play affects the offenses' inability to convert a 2nd and goal last week...
Fair to a point, but I'd also say that it points to other issues (i.e. coaching). The offense can't convert a 3rd and 2 in large part because their play calling is so predictable. ANY defense in the NFL can stop a play more often than not if they have a pretty good idea what is coming.
ziggy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012   #42
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 125033 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
Its just easier to blame schaub b/ c his play is most easily quantifiable from play to play....people don't really want to address putting players in the best possible situation to make plays b/c its so much easier to just "upgrade" in our trouble areas..or at least people think it is easy anyway.

The whole offense is stinking it up....and i fail to see how schaub's poor play affects the offenses inability to convert a 3rd and 2 on a simple power run play...how schaub's poor play affects the offenses' inability to convert a 2nd and goal power run play last week...
Well for once you and I have been on the same side of this argument. We're losing track in our efforts though Mr. Tex, because this is like Schaub's 4th bad game in a row. I'll still look at the entire season as a whole to judge him by, but fading like this down the stretch speaks a lot.

Overall I just haven't ever seen an offense fall apart like this on all levels. I do blame Kubiak for beating Foster to death all season when Forsett could have played and when Tate was healthy he could have been in more. There was no reason to play Foster that much. The Oline has been getting tossed the last few weeks as well. I realize that Schaub can't be effective when all these other things aren't going right though. He has never been a good enough QB to withstand all of that. It's like people thought he was elite or something so they're expecting these elite results that Schaub can't produce consistently. I just think that we need a better leader for our team in general.

I know Kubes is going nowhere though and neither is Schaub. At best I could hope that we get a lucky pick in the draft and he is good enough to supplant Schaub, but I highly doubt that is possible with a rookie.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012   #43
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111928 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggy29 View Post
Fair to a point, but I'd also say that it points to other issues (i.e. coaching). The offense can't convert a 3rd and 2 in large part because their play calling is so predictable. ANY defense in the NFL can stop a play more often than not if they have a pretty good idea what is coming.
Oh no i agree with you but my point was to show that this is a systemic problemm...its not localized to 1 area, like some here have been saying....its true that we'd likely be a much more capable offense with a more capable qb....but how would that really help with our other offensive woes in the run game......whats more is how/or could that be enough to overcome kubiak's obvious short comings.

Matt ryan/ and mike smith in atl were getting flack for not being able to get over their conservative issues a few years back...they drafted julio jones and have since quieted their critics for the moment...
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012   #44
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 352273 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonerATO View Post
Rick Smith is in charge of trades, not Kubiak.
Yeah, but...... besides that.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012   #45
leebigeztx
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30026 leebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to leebigeztx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
Finally someone who gets the nuts and bolts of what I'm illustrating.

Again, people don't seem to acknowledge that all season long we've been one of the highest scoring offenses all season. These last 4 weeks have been such a rapid decline all across the board. Just a total explosion of problems. People seem to be rather blind to put it all on Schaub if you ask me. Schaub has had his problems, but how do you explain an entire offense falling flat like this?? That goes on the OC which is Kubiak when you consider everything. And we've seen this happen before.
This is so false and you know it. The offense was scoring because the defense was getting turnovers and giving the offense the ball in great field position. Go and read the earlier threads about the offense struggling. This offense is an offfense that has to stay on schedule with all the componets working. Show me a game when schaub carried the offense. You cant even if you pull the jacksonville and detroit game out of your ass. even then the running game was still in play. Every poor offensive game the texans have had, its because smart teams put the game in matt schaubs hands and he fails. A couple of weeks ago the defense bailed them out vs this same colts team. Look at week 1 vs the pathetic dolphins and a rookie qb. You can try to defer the blame, but schaub was a 3rd pine rider who Kubes and crew thought he would fit because he ran the same offense since college. You know what, they were right because he was an upgrade to Carr. The problem and the blinders are he's a physically limited guy with slow feet. Unless you get another prime andre johnson,a top 5 defense,top 5 ol,and a gates in his prime at te, youre not winning anything with matt schaub.
Old 12-30-2012   #46
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
There is no Kubiak without Schaub.

There is no Schaub without Kubiak.

They are the same person.

If you cannot see this, then so be it. Both of them, together, are to blame. They have merged into the same person...as if Schaub is actually Kubiak out there on the field.

I don't think Kubiak will ever have a successful QB. Nobody could ever manage to escape Kubiak's death grip on this offense. Guys like Schaub exist to prove that boring QBs can win, too.

Isn't it funny that Kubiak was Elway's backup...and now Elway is in charge of the Broncos and he goes and gets Manning....and which team looks better? Huh?

Tebow wasn't Elway's guy. He trades him. He got VALUE for a worthless QB! Kubiak couldn't get a trade, not even a 7th round pick for an equally bad QB in Carr. Score? Elway 1, Kubiak 0.

Elway gambles on Manning, Kubiak sticks with Schaub. Elway 2, Kubiak 0.

His whole adult life, Kubiak has been looking up at John Elway.

Some guys have "it" in terms of playing QB in the NFL. And apparently some guys have "it" in terms of managing a team in the NFL. Elway holds the distinction of doing both. Kubiak does, as well, but with inverted results.

Such is life.
This is truth. Kubiak is exactly what he is and more than that he's what I was terrified he'd become. In terms of wins and losses get ready for the second coming of Marvin Lewis. In 10 years of coaching that team they're 78-80 and he's no closer to reaching the summit than he was when he got there. Gary's going to be that same kind of coach. Never great, never terrible, always finding a way to come up short in the end. To make it worse we've got the most patient owner in football and he'll never fire his coach as long as things don't get too bad, as long as Gary doesn't lose the players.

So here we are. No greatness in the mix, just a healthy amount of "good enough" for probably the next decade. Talk about a miserable fan experience. Cincinnati South wasn't what I had in mind when first learned that Houston was going to be back in the NFL game back in 2001/2002.
Old 12-30-2012   #47
GNTLEWOLF
All Pro

Rep Power: 3825 GNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Skype™ to GNTLEWOLF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
This is truth. Kubiak is exactly what he is and more than that he's what I was terrified he'd become. In terms of wins and losses get ready for the second coming of Marvin Lewis. In 10 years of coaching that team they're 78-80 and he's no closer to reaching the summit than he was when he got there. Gary's going to be that same kind of coach. Never great, never terrible, always finding a way to come up short in the end. To make it worse we've got the most patient owner in football and he'll never fire his coach as long as things don't get too bad, as long as Gary doesn't lose the players.

So here we are. No greatness in the mix, just a healthy amount of "good enough" for probably the next decade. Talk about a miserable fan experience. Cincinnati South wasn't what I had in mind when first learned that Houston was going to be back in the NFL game back in 2001/2002.

Hey! I've been saying this exact thing for several years now. It's beginning to look more and more like the truth
GNTLEWOLF is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-30-2012   #48
gafftop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9350 gafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
Well for once you and I have been on the same side of this argument. We're losing track in our efforts though Mr. Tex, because this is like Schaub's 4th bad game in a row. I'll still look at the entire season as a whole to judge him by, but fading like this down the stretch speaks a lot.

Overall I just haven't ever seen an offense fall apart like this on all levels. I do blame Kubiak for beating Foster to death all season when Forsett could have played and when Tate was healthy he could have been in more. There was no reason to play Foster that much. The Oline has been getting tossed the last few weeks as well. I realize that Schaub can't be effective when all these other things aren't going right though. He has never been a good enough QB to withstand all of that. It's like people thought he was elite or something so they're expecting these elite results that Schaub can't produce consistently. I just think that we need a better leader for our team in general.

I know Kubes is going nowhere though and neither is Schaub. At best I could hope that we get a lucky pick in the draft and he is good enough to supplant Schaub, but I highly doubt that is possible with a rookie.
The sad thing is I don't think they (fo/gk) think they need a new QB.
gafftop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012   #49
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 63823 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Has Kubiak ever "failed to fail" when leading the Texans to the next milestone? Whenever they are on the verge of something new they fall short. It took him a couple of tries to lockup the first "non-losing" record, the first winning record, the first playoff appearance, etc. Is it any surprise that this team couldn't secure home field advantage with a win in either of the final two games of the season?

These are the same Kubiak Texans. Baby steps, incremental improvement, and lack of urgency.
Old 12-30-2012   #50
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 78716 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner View Post
Has Kubiak ever "failed to fail" when leading the Texans to the next milestone? Whenever they are on the verge of something new they fall short. It took him a couple of tries to lockup the first "non-losing" record, the first winning record, the first playoff appearance, etc. Is it any surprise that this team couldn't secure home field advantage with a win in either of the final two games of the season?

These are the same Kubiak Texans. Baby steps, incremental improvement, and lack of urgency.
Here's what I know about Kubiak, knowing that we can't run the football on the right side of the line, he finds it a good idea to relentlessly run the football to the right, especially when we get close to the end zone. It was also a great idea to call a Schaub QB keeper on 3rd and 2 inside your own 20. And then Kubiak calls for a challenge for 12 men on the field.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012   #51
playa465
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 22350 playa465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
He's got it up his ass. That's where he gets all of his info.

Moving on, this team is in a funk. Kubiak has to assume responsibility being the HC but the players are not performing either. Its like the team is stuck in a rut just spinning its wheels. Kubiak isn't going anywhere next year and Schaub will be the QB next year barring injury. Personally, I think the players need to step it up. Kubiak (who is pretty conservative anyway) isn't going to take risks or open up the offensive playbook if the offense can't execute the simple stuff. The defense hasn't played inspired either of late, how many times have we given up a 1st down or a TD on 3rd and long? I do feel as though we can put all this behind us and win the SB if we can find Clyde and have him hook the team up like this:

Rep to first one who knows where I got this from
playa465 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012   #52
hradhak
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 8443 hradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by playa465 View Post

Moving on, this team is in a funk. Kubiak has to assume responsibility being the HC but the players are not performing either. Its like the team is stuck in a rut just spinning its wheels. Kubiak isn't going anywhere next year and Schaub will be the QB next year barring injury. Personally, I think the players need to step it up. Kubiak (who is pretty conservative anyway) isn't going to take risks or open up the offensive playbook if the offense can't execute the simple stuff. The defense hasn't played inspired either of late, how many times have we given up a 1st down or a TD on 3rd and long? I do feel as though we can put all this behind us and win the SB if we can find Clyde and have him hook the team up like this:

Rep to first one who knows where I got this from
One thing I don't understand is that guys like Belicheck don't ever seem to turtle when their team is down. Maybe that is a player trust issue, but our team as a whole seems to turtle when we are getting beat. And that starts with the coach who gets too conservative.

I would like to see us get a new OC who will actually call the plays. Let him make the play calls a little more aggressive than what we've had. I'm tired of the "we're not playing well, so let's get even more conservative" mentality
hradhak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012   #53
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 100129 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

My mood is in the toilet because unfortunately I have been proven right in my assessment of Kubiak and Schaub.

Since this thread is about Kubiak I will discuss him. As I have said before, teams tend to carry the personality of the head coach. Unfortunately this team has Kubiak's personality.

When the chips are down and everything is at stake the team simply "looks away" the same way this head coach can't watch crucial field goal attempts. They can't bare to stare adversity in the face and fold up like a cheap tent when it counts.

"Thanks" Kubiak for bringing back Choke City. It's been awhile however it hasn't been missed.

Consider this experiment failed. I am referring to the experiment of can 2 very good coordinators on both sides of the ball win without the leadership of a strong head coach. It can win games but not when it counts. A strong head coach is needed to help a team overcome adversity and bounce back when trailing which this team cannot do.

My gawd, couldn't even beat a team that had nothing to play for. Pathetic.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012   #54
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111928 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
My mood is in the toilet. That said, unfortunately I have been proven right in my assessment of Kubiak and Schaub.

Since this thread is about Kubiak I will discuss him. As I have said before, teams tend to carry the personality of the head coach. Unfortunately this team has Kubiak's personality.

When the chips are down and everything is at stake the team simply "looks away" the same way this head coach can't watch crucial field goal attempts. They can't bare to stare adversity in the face and fold up like a cheap tent when it counts.

"Thanks" Kubiak for bringing back Choke City. It's been awhile however it hasn't been missed.

Consider this experiment failed. I am referring to the experiment of can 2 very good coordinators on both sides of the ball win without the leadership of a strong head coach. It can win games but not when it counts. A strong head coach is needed to help a team overcome adversity and bounce back when trailing which this team cannot do.

It takes a strong head coach to admit and realize that his way isn't yielding the desired results.....and to change his approach if its needed....i dont think this dude has entertained that one bit. Instead, he's banking on better execution....
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012   #55
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 78716 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
My mood is in the toilet. That said, unfortunately I have been proven right in my assessment of Kubiak and Schaub.

Love the new avatar.

I now pronounce that from this day forward Kubiak's new name is Loseiak.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012   #56
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 100129 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
Love the new avatar.
I now pronounce that from this day forward Kubiak's new name is Loseiak.
This team has earned the Oil Derrick and I will keep it there until they prove otherwise.
Old 12-30-2012   #57
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 125033 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by leebigeztx View Post
This is so false and you know it. The offense was scoring because the defense was getting turnovers and giving the offense the ball in great field position. Go and read the earlier threads about the offense struggling. This offense is an offfense that has to stay on schedule with all the componets working. Show me a game when schaub carried the offense. You cant even if you pull the jacksonville and detroit game out of your ass. even then the running game was still in play. Every poor offensive game the texans have had, its because smart teams put the game in matt schaubs hands and he fails. A couple of weeks ago the defense bailed them out vs this same colts team. Look at week 1 vs the pathetic dolphins and a rookie qb. You can try to defer the blame, but schaub was a 3rd pine rider who Kubes and crew thought he would fit because he ran the same offense since college. You know what, they were right because he was an upgrade to Carr. The problem and the blinders are he's a physically limited guy with slow feet. Unless you get another prime andre johnson,a top 5 defense,top 5 ol,and a gates in his prime at te, youre not winning anything with matt schaub.
Don't me this give me this stuff about it being false when it was true. I don't care about all of the what if's and the so called reasons you want to claim in your own opinion. The fact is that we were and had been one of the top scoring offenses all season long. When you consider that and then you look at what this offense turned into by the end it was an epic fail by the offensive coaching staff to let their entire unit fall apart like that.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012   #58
TejasTom
Heisenwatt

Section: Brazos Suite
Rep Power: 59017 TejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger Tom View Post
Could losing Cushing really have hurt us this much?
The team voted him MVP last year.
Old 12-30-2012   #59
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TejasTom View Post
The team voted him MVP last year.
As valuable as Cushing is, he doesn't have enough influence to prepare the entire team and put them into another gear when the chips are down.

That can only come from the head coach and sometimes the QB. Unfortunately this team has quitters at both of those positions.
Old 12-31-2012   #60
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78831 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

Cushing doesn't have that type of sway? Cushing doesn't have that much impact? Dude is the defensive QB. He's the passion of the freakin' team. He is indescribably valuable to everything we do and everything we are.

Just look at Ray Lewis being the leader of the Ravens for the last 15 years.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read