Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-30-2012   #1
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 97234 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected
Default The "Kubiak effect" has kicked in

Many of us mentioned the small signs throughout the season, but kept quiet about it for the most part since we were winning. Tried to have faith and remain positive, but it can no longer be ignored or denied. The "Kubiak factor" has officially stunk around this team once again. The only difference now is that Kubiak has had a great defense for the majority of the season other then a few games here and there.

This team is playing uninspired once again. But worst of all we've got an entire offense that has fallen apart. Everyone wants to put this all on Schaub which is an easy fix and a easy blame tactic, but Schaub isn't the only part on this team that is struggling. It's the O line, it's the RB's, and it's been the sorry ass WR's all season other then Andre Johnson.

When have we ever seen a team ranked this high all year long lose this much momentum and confidence to lose 3 out of 4 at the end of the season like this when they previously had the best record in the league all year?? THAT"S A COACHING ISSUE.

We saw these problems with Kubiak for years. People tried to act like they all went away when Wade arrived, but they didn't. Kubiak will never be an effective leader. I started a thread a few weeks ago after we got crushed by the Patriots stating that I liked out chances in the playoffs better after a loss like that. I gave Gary the benefit of the doubt and figured that the team would play better. I at least hoped they could do it on their own. Now this team has dropped two out of the last three must win games. It's time for people to realize again that we've got a HC that just doesn't have what it takes.

Not giving up on the season though. Hopefully the players themselves can get it together and motivate themselves.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012   #2
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 101315 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The "Kubiak effect" has kicked in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
Many of us mentioned the small signs throughout the season, but kept quiet about it for the most part since we were winning. Tried to have faith and remain positive, but it can no longer be ignored or denied. The "Kubiak factor" has officially stunk around this team once again. The only difference now is that Kubiak has had a great defense for the majority of the season other then a few games here and there.

This team is playing uninspired once again. But worst of all we've got an entire offense that has fallen apart. Everyone wants to put this all on Schaub which is an easy fix and a easy blame tactic, but Schaub isn't the only part on this team that is struggling. It's the O line, it's the RB's, and it's been the sorry ass WR's all season other then Andre Johnson.

When have we ever seen a team ranked this high all year long lose this much momentum and confidence to lose 3 out of 4 at the end of the season like this when they previously had the best record in the league all year?? THAT"S A COACHING ISSUE.

We saw these problems with Kubiak for years. People tried to act like they all went away when Wade arrived, but they didn't. Kubiak will never be an effective leader. I started a thread a few weeks ago after we got crushed by the Patriots stating that I liked out chances in the playoffs better after a loss like that. I gave Gary the benefit of the doubt and figured that the team would play better. I at least hoped they could do it on their own. Now this team has dropped two out of the last three must win games. It's time for people to realize again that we've got a HC that just doesn't have what it takes.

Not giving up on the season though. Hopefully the players themselves can get it together and motivate themselves.
Agree with most but its not like Kubiak has given our young WRs much of a chance with his all the time 2 WR 2 TE formations. Jean and Posey have looked really good. Hell Jean had an easy TD today if not for an over throw by Schaub.

Kubiak can not go out of his confort zone, they only get good playing time when we are down by 2 scores with 7 minutes left when the back ups come in
Old 12-30-2012   #3
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Rep Power: 6022 Pantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Pantherstang84

Said this in the GD thread...

Folks hoping Kubiak will get fired after a 12-4 season are delusional. Unless, McNair has a Bud Adams side we do not know about. Could not get rid of him after 6-10. Kubiak in this town is like that ugly old Samsonite that has been sitting in your closet the last 30 years. You just can't get rid of it.
Pantherstang84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012   #4
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 97234 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
Agree with most but its not like Kubiak has given our young WRs much of a chance with his all the time 2 WR 2 TE formations. Jean and Posey have looked really good. Hell Jean had an easy TD today if not for an over throw by Schaub.

Kubiak can not go out of his confort zone, they only get good playing time when we are down by 2 scores with 7 minutes left when the back ups come in
Kubiak is the guy that has ignored our #2 WR situation for years. I harped on and on about it all off season. I've been begging this organization to get a decent #2 WR for years now.

I laughed my ass off at folks who went on and on and just "assumed" that Martin and Jean were going to be these studs because of the pre season. I mentioned how JJ did the same and that it was way to early to get excited over some young WR's that had proven nothing.

Either way, this is an offense that has fallen apart. An entire offense on all cylinders. Blaming it all on one player is something only a blind man would do. The offense has no spunk at all. In previous years with teams like this, I've never seen a running team lose all of their abilities to run the ball like the Texans have at this point. Normally teams like that don't just have their running games fall apart like that.
Old 12-30-2012   #5
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I agree about Kubiak. However, if Schaub makes the plays where he had the chance to make them this game we win despite the refs, the OL and whomever else didn't play up to snuff. The QB has to make plays when given the opportunity or more times than not you are going to loose. That's why the QP is considered the most important position on the team.

Kubiak could lead a team to the Super Bowl with a better QB. Schaub will never lead a team to the Super Bowl. There is just no way to put together a team talented enough to carry him that far.

And believe me I'm not a Kubiak guy.
Old 12-30-2012   #6
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

There is no Kubiak without Schaub.

There is no Schaub without Kubiak.

They are the same person.

If you cannot see this, then so be it. Both of them, together, are to blame. They have merged into the same person...as if Schaub is actually Kubiak out there on the field.

I don't think Kubiak will ever have a successful QB. Nobody could ever manage to escape Kubiak's death grip on this offense. Guys like Schaub exist to prove that boring QBs can win, too.

Isn't it funny that Kubiak was Elway's backup...and now Elway is in charge of the Broncos and he goes and gets Manning....and which team looks better? Huh?

Tebow wasn't Elway's guy. He trades him. He got VALUE for a worthless QB! Kubiak couldn't get a trade, not even a 7th round pick for an equally bad QB in Carr. Score? Elway 1, Kubiak 0.

Elway gambles on Manning, Kubiak sticks with Schaub. Elway 2, Kubiak 0.

His whole adult life, Kubiak has been looking up at John Elway.

Some guys have "it" in terms of playing QB in the NFL. And apparently some guys have "it" in terms of managing a team in the NFL. Elway holds the distinction of doing both. Kubiak does, as well, but with inverted results.

Such is life.
Old 12-30-2012   #7
ajohnson80
Veteran

Rep Power: 810 ajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respected

I agree it's gross. Everyone wanted him gone years ago then Wade came. He is ok as an oc, but it is obvious he can't be trusted to make game decisions.
ajohnson80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-30-2012   #8
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Rep Power: 6022 Pantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post

If you cannot see this, then so be it. Both of them, together, are to blame. They have merged into the same person...as if Schaub is actually Kubiak out there on the field.

I don't think Kubiak will ever have a successful QB. Nobody could ever manage to escape Kubiak's death grip on this offense. Guys like Schaub exist to prove that boring QBs can win, too.

Isn't it funny that Kubiak was Elway's backup...and now Elway is in charge of the Broncos and he goes and gets Manning....and which team looks better? Huh?

Tebow wasn't Elway's guy. He trades him. He got VALUE for a worthless QB! Kubiak couldn't get a trade, not even a 7th round pick for an equally bad QB in Carr. Score? Elway 1, Kubiak 0.

Some guys have "it" in terms of playing QB in the NFL. And apparently some guys have "it" in terms of managing a team in the NFL. Elway holds the distinction of doing both. Kubiak does, as well, but with inverted results.

Such is life.
GP where do you come up with these awesome analogies? Seriously, do you have a football encyclopedia somewhere?
Old 12-30-2012   #9
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherstang84 View Post
GP where do you come up with these awesome analogies? Seriously, do you have a football encyclopedia somewhere?
Not sure if serious...or being sarcasm on me.

I have felt, for a long time now, that Elway and Kubiak are linked in more than just one way. Some guys are winners, some are not.

There is a reason Kubiak never made it as a starter. There is a reason Elway did. I trust that the same reason is what makes Elway a better identifier of talent than Gary.

Those who can, do. Those who can't, find ways to pretend they can.

Manning might only have this season and he tanks next year. But right now, Kubiak looks like he should have scrapped Schaub...let Foster go in favor of Tate and Forsett...and then spent the money on Manning. Even if it meant we still went over the cap and had to sacrifice a devastating loss of a draft pick and stuff.

In hindsight, Elway was clutch and Gary is left holding the clipboard and pretending he, too, is awesome like Johnny.
Old 12-30-2012   #10
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Well, Kubiak's favorite thing to say about him "playing QB" in the NFL is that he was just 'sticking around hoping nobody would figure out he couldn't play'. I think that's an appropriate description of him at head coach now.

Heat's turning up in the kitchen....but what's cookin?
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012   #11
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

To be fair, Elway was a better QB at least partly because he had far superior physical ability, which doesn't in itself make him more knowledgeable about anything.

But, I definitely get your point and I was very concerned about not going pretty hard for Manning. God, I hope he doesn't win another SB.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012   #12
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Quote:
Not sure if serious...or being sarcasm on me.

I have felt, for a long time now, that Elway and Kubiak are linked in more than just one way. Some guys are winners, some are not.

There is a reason Kubiak never made it as a starter. There is a reason Elway did. I trust that the same reason is what makes Elway a better identifier of talent than Gary.

Those who can, do. Those who can't, find ways to pretend they can.

Manning might only have this season and he tanks next year. But right now, Kubiak looks like he should have scrapped Schaub...let Foster go in favor of Tate and Forsett...and then spent the money on Manning. Even if it meant we still went over the cap and had to sacrifice a devastating loss of a draft pick and stuff.

In hindsight, Elway was clutch and Gary is left holding the clipboard and pretending he, too, is awesome like Johnny.
Wasn't being sarcastic and you make an excellent point. The problem with getting Manning was Kubiak would have had to give up the Denny's menu and give the keys to Manning. That is something he will not do because he feels like an offensive genius.
Old 12-30-2012   #13
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 280296 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Kubiak don't suit up on Sundays.

Our O-Line sucked. Winston and Brisiel wouldn't be the turnstiles our right side has become.

Whatever "magic" Wade had seems to get solved somewhere in the 2nd years of his installing it. And it appears he can't come up with an answer, yet. Seems like taking Watt out of the equation makes us a paper tiger.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012   #14
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Quote:

Such is life.
DOn't want to focus on Schaub much in this thread if you don't mind GP. I acknowledge that Schaub is playing pretty bad right now, but he is only one part of the problem on an "entire offense." I'm amazed at how Kubiak is escaping this criticism right now and Schaub's getting it all. The running game is stinking, Duane Brown is getting owned, Foster has been beaten to a pulp all season with good back ups at our disposal as well. Have you ever seen an entire offense that was "3rd in scoring" just two weeks ago completely crumble like this??? I repeat we were "THIRD!!!" "3rd!!!!" "THIRD!!"

How do you go from being 3rd in scoring all season long to being a team that can't pass, can't run, can't block, and worst of all "CAN'T WIN!!"

That's a coaching problem.
Old 12-30-2012   #15
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 77992 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherstang84 View Post
He's got it up his ass. That's where he gets all of his info.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012   #16
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 100543 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Nvm....
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012   #17
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 233666 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
This team is playing uninspired once again.
I stopped reading.....
Old 12-30-2012   #18
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
He's got it up his ass. That's where he gets all of his info.
Ahh. Time to pump sunshine.
Old 12-30-2012   #19
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 80044 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Kubiak caught it from Capers, and there is no cure.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012   #20
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

At what point do people acknowledge that when a team who was 3rd in scoring and 2nd in scoring for most of the year has a huge coaching problem when it all falls apart by the end of the season? At what point do people remember who our HC is that kept us out of the playoffs prior to Wade?? The end of this season is just a huge reminder of what Kubes has always been.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read