Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-30-2012   #1
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 120414 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Playing clean & being dissed?

When you play good hard nosed football and win you get no respect from the pundits, the refs or other teams for that matter. When you play like a cruel, sadistic SOB who is oblivious to fines and suspensions you get superbowl rings. Ask James Harrison. I'm sure last time he got fined he probably scratched one of his cornea with his TWO SUPERBOWL RINGS as he gently wept.

The Saints had a BOUNTY system and damn near crippled Bret Favre, yet despite the fines and suspensions, not a single one of them had to give back their SUPERBOWL RINGS. The Raiders were KNOWN for how EVIL their defense was when Jack Tatum played for them...sorry. How many SUPERBOWL rings does he have?

I KNOW I will draw some fire for this and [size=5I don't care.[/size] I'm sick and tired of being a fan of a QUALITY football team who gets disrespected by the a-holes at ESPN, CBS and Fox Sports and treated as if their every win is LUCK! The Oilers of the 1980s defense because of the antics of Chris Dishman, Bubba McDowell and others were called dirty but they were winning.

Would you RATHER be a fan of a bunch of nice guys who get no respect or the dirtiest muff-huggas on the block who at the end of it all are flat broke from all the fines they pay, but hoist the Lombardi trophy over their heads? I'm tired of being the former and would HAPPILY be the latter.

VUGG IT! JUST WIN BABY 2.0!
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012   #2
mariowillshine15
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2512 mariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Playing clean & being dissed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread-Head View Post
When you play good hard nosed football and win you get no respect from the pundits, the refs or other teams for that matter. When you play like a cruel, sadistic SOB who is oblivious to fines and suspensions you get superbowl rings. Ask James Harrison. I'm sure last time he got fined he probably scratched one of his cornea with his TWO SUPERBOWL RINGS as he gently wept. The Saints had a BOUNTY system and damn near crippled Bret Favre, yet despite the fines and suspensions, not a single one of them had to give back their SUPERBOWL RINGS. The Raiders were KNOWN for how EVIL their defense was when Jack Tatum played for them...sorry. How many SUPERBOWL rings does he have?

I KNOW I will draw some fire for this and don't care. I'm sick and tired of being a fan of a QUALITY football team who gets disrespected by the a-holes at ESPN, CBS and Fox Sports and treated as if their every win is LUCK. The Oilers of the 1980s defense because of the antics of Chris Dishman, Bubba McDowell and others were called dirty but they were winning.

Would you RATHER be a fan of a bunch of nice guys who get no respect or the dirtiest muff-huggas on the block who at the end of it all are flat broke from all the fines they pay, but hoist the Lombardi trophy over their heads? I'm tired of being the former and would HAPPILY be the latter.
We lost our fire and edge when Cushing went down. Schaub and Kubiak are not emotional so when things go bad we have no one to light a fire under our butts. Andre is a hall of famer but is a very quiet leader.

We need that nastiness Cushing provides.
mariowillshine15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012   #3
AMartin56
Veteran

Rep Power: 2934 AMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Playing clean & being dissed?

The Texans have proved time and time again that they don't deserve any respect from the national media. They may be the worst 12-4 team in NFL history.

Kubiak...far from being some offensive guru is a below average NFL coach. If memory serves his season records have been:

6-10
8-8
8-8
9-7
6-10
10-6
12-4

Hardly awe inspiring hall of fame results. And he'll add to our misery but doing just enough in the future to not get fired.
AMartin56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012   #4
klockWork
Veteran

Rep Power: 25265 klockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariowillshine15 View Post
We lost our fire and edge when Cushing went down. Schaub and Kubiak are not emotional so when things go bad we have no one to light a fire under our butts. Andre is a hall of famer but is a very quiet leader.

We need that nastiness Cushing provides.
Please. Stop blaming this team breakdown for their lack of fire or emotions. Cushing can't play in special team and cover deep safety. Cushing won't help put air under Schaub passes or push him forward on QB sneak. This a undisciplined team on D and an offense without a legit QB.
klockWork is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read