Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Is there better proof that W-L records don't mean squat?

Marcus

Windmill cancer survivor
Contributor's Club
If someone had told you before the season that they would finish 12-4, and you'd be absolutely disgusted and embarrassed about the team, would you have believed them?

If someone had told you before the season that they would finish 12-4, and you'd be absolutely disgusted and embarrassed about the team, would you have believed them?

I'm confused. All we've seen on this site for years is "SHOW ME THE Ws!". Really disconcerting to hear that doesn't matter?

They don't mean anything.

When you make it to the playoffs that is still all that matters. If they were to somehow get this turned around and win the next 3 games none of this **** matters.

Funny ... people been making that argument for a while now. Your eyes tell you one thing, the record tells you something else. When you point out what your eyes are saying, you get blasted for not being a fan, being too negative, etc.

"Look at the record!"

LOL

In the playoffs...it doesn't.

Yep.

Just ask the Cards and the Giants. The record goes right out the window for the playoffs, only used for seeding and that is it.

We should be disgusted with this team all this week, but if they turn it around then forget it.

Yes.

Because of how quickly Kubiak-coached Texans teams have completely burnt to the ground. When important things are on the line, only TJ Yates showed that he could deliver...yet he's genuinely NOT the best QB on this team (I think Keenum is even better than Yates).

How crazy is that? TJ Yates has been the only clutch guy when something REAL was on the line.

Every other time, with this HC leading THIS team, we cannot win things of importance...only if we're out of range of anything special and we're just playing for pride in the midst of being sent home for the year.

So, YEAH, I could have reacted with "Yes, I can see myself disgusted if we ended 12-4." It's history. This isn't our first or second year of this. We've been entreated with this for a long time now.

Only a purely brilliant QB can overcome Kubiak. A great defense almost overcame Kubiak. But it will take a magical, bold, and extraordinarily gifted QB to drag this team over Kubiak's hump. Is Keenum that QB? I have doubts.

Gary seems hell-bent on drafting or trading for "Yes Men" QBs who take orders and just run the plays called for him. No questions asked, TRUST GARY, do as you're told QBs. Is Case that guy who could get hot and just do what no Texans Qb has ever done?

He would become John Elway at that point, and boy oh boy if there's anything I've learned from watching this Texans team's offense it's that Kubiak does NOT want an electric QB who might become Elway II. That'd be like to opening up old wounds for Gary.

Gary is really a small person as a leader. He uses loyalty to bribe his players and coaches. He went through two of his own choices at D-coord before having Bum approach Bob about hiring Wade...then he obviously rubber-stamps that deal because let's face it: post-2010 Gary was in deep ****.

Now he's in deep **** again, but it won't stick to him.

You're an avowed Kubiak apologist, though, so I doubt you can see that any of this could possibly be true. Kubiak isn't on the field, so it can't be *his* fault.

Power rankings are more accurate since they take into account how the team is playing right now. Doesn't mean crap as far as seeding goes, or who plays in the Super Bowl. So making that argument is just completely stupid.

Saying that, I do believe people put too much weight on the W-L record when ranking teams. The only thing our 11-1 record should have got us, was a little confidence that we'd fix our issues.

I don't understand why that hasn't happened.

Back