Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-30-2012   #21
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 14238 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Have you ever been LESS excited heading into a Playoff run??

Anyone in the Austin area want to buy four upper deck tickets and a yellow lot parking pass? PM me
ATXtexanfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012   #22
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 19254 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
It is sader watching this team go into the playoffs the way they are than it was to know week 17 was or last game of the season, atleast then i knew we didnt have the talent.

It makes it sader now seeing all of our talent go to waste, seeing the last few years of AJ go to waist, seeing Watts dominating season go to waste.

Just getting tired of watching talent get waisted by this coaching staff and this middle of the pack QB.
You really do not mean this.

I remember those years when the Texans would ALWAYS miss the playoffs by a game or two. It was terrible. Way worse than this.

At least they have a chance. Yeah it may not look like the best of chances right now but at least it is there.
fiasco west is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012   #23
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 67843 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Second year of playoffs -- not much of a sample size.
That's kind of the point brodequin.....it's ONLY our second playoff appearance but this team has looked so beyond $hitty, it's hard to get excited when you think you would but you're right lol right.....

Dormant bodies bursting!
HTown2ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012   #24
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 114477 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
I don't know if I even want to watch the game. Seriously.
We will all be watching cheering on our texans, why maybe because we are all blind sheep following a blind keeper.

Regardless i will be watching cheering them on in hopes that we somehow win, and then will do the same when we go on the road to either denver or new england.
Old 12-30-2012   #25
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

Don't know if I'll even watch the game honestly. I haven't seen anything the past couple of weeks that leads me to believe we'll win. I've switched my attention to the Houston Rockets.
Old 12-30-2012   #26
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

I gotta watch...love the game too much. My hope has already been crushed this last month of the season so I'm not worried about being depressed next Sunday when we play the Bengals.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012   #27
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 67843 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
I gotta watch...love the game too much. My hope has already been crushed this last month of the season so I'm not worried about being depressed next Sunday when we play the Bengals.
Oh I'll end up watching.....love this team too much although I tell myself for heart and stress reasons not to watch...but I'm not "excited" about it if that makes sense....

Dormant bodies bursting!
Sponsored links
Old 12-30-2012   #28
bobbeaux
Rookie

Rep Power: 595 bobbeaux is a quality contributor and well respectedbobbeaux is a quality contributor and well respectedbobbeaux is a quality contributor and well respectedbobbeaux is a quality contributor and well respectedbobbeaux is a quality contributor and well respectedbobbeaux is a quality contributor and well respectedbobbeaux is a quality contributor and well respectedbobbeaux is a quality contributor and well respectedbobbeaux is a quality contributor and well respectedbobbeaux is a quality contributor and well respectedbobbeaux is a quality contributor and well respected

i'm excited for the team to have won the afc south 2 years in a row and to be making the playoffs 2 years in a row . . . i believe the team as it is today matches up well against the bengals and should be a great game . . . i'm not excited about being down to our 3rd string lb's and not excited about the play calling or the play in general of the team the last few weeks, but i believe this team is still getting stronger each off season . . .
bobbeaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012   #29
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 19254 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbeaux View Post
i'm excited for the team to have won the afc south 2 years in a row and to be making the playoffs 2 years in a row . . . i believe the team as it is today matches up well against the bengals and should be a great game . . . i'm not excited about being down to our 3rd string lb's and not excited about the play calling or the play in general of the team the last few weeks, but i believe this team is still getting stronger each off season . . .
I agree. I think they should get better...if they don't then let go of some of their pro-bowlers because they are in cap hell.

Even after letting go of all the guys they are STILL edging against the Cap..I just don't understand. Smith evaluates talent with the best of them but he needs to call Daryl Morey and get some help with the cap apparently.
fiasco west is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012   #30
ziggy29
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12794 ziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respected

The only thing that would be more demoralizing than a "one and done" at this point would be if a 14-2 Texans team which didn't lose its first half momentum laid a big first round egg. With diminished expectations come diminished heartbreak.
ziggy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012   #31
TexansRule1
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 TexansRule1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansRule1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansRule1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansRule1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansRule1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansRule1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansRule1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansRule1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansRule1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansRule1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansRule1 is a quality contributor and well respected

There is a chance...which is better than we can say for our 1st nine years of existence.

I love watching the game and anything can happen. Hopes are not high, however. I wouldn't be surprised if Bengals are even favored. Tough one for the odds makers.
TexansRule1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012   #32
Lucky

Rep Power: 172599 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
I don't know if I even want to watch the game. Seriously.
Last year's playoff atmosphere was excilerating. This coming game will be flat as a pancake. There will probably be no shows. What a difference a month makes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiasco west View Post
Smith evaluates talent with the best of them but he needs to call Daryl Morey and get some help with the cap apparently.
What the hell has Morey ever won? He'd be the Gary Kubiak of NBA GMs, except he never hired his Wade Phillips.
Old 12-30-2012   #33
midway
Veteran

Rep Power: 1491 midway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Last year's playoff atmosphere was excilerating. This coming game will be flat as a pancake. There will probably be no shows. What a difference a month makes.

What the hell has Morey ever won? He'd be the Gary Kubiak of NBA GMs, except he never hired his Wade Phillips.
The Rockets got Harden this year, and will have max contract salary space this offseason, he's actually done a pretty good job of "slow and steady"
midway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012   #34
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69341 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
I'd be upset at that. We didn't exactly look like the 1985 Bears going into last year's playoffs.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012   #35
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24061 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

12-4

Old 12-30-2012   #36
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEGA SWATT View Post
12-4

LOL....you troll you!!

Dormant bodies bursting!
Old 12-30-2012   #37
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
I wasn't very excited going into last year's either. Similar play leading into it.
I don't remember looking this bad leading into it with as many losses at the end of the season like this.........

Also we had Yates in there...not our starter.....

Dormant bodies bursting!
Old 12-30-2012   #38
gwallaia

Rep Power: 79490 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

Even if by some miracle we beat the Bengals next week, the next game would be at New England. There is really no reason for the Texans to make the plane trip up there.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012   #39
ziggy29
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12794 ziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
I'd be upset at that. We didn't exactly look like the 1985 Bears going into last year's playoffs.
But expectations were lower and the "just glad to be here" feeling was high. And it is rather telling that at the end of the regular season, a 10-6 team led by T.J. Yates felt like a considerably "better" team than this team which badly limped to a 12-4 finish.

This looked like an elite team, an AFC Championship contender, 9-10 weeks into the season. Since then I think it's safe to say that the expectations many have about this team's chances in the postseason have taken a dive.

Halfway in the season, I felt like this team had a realistic chance to beat any team in the NFL, home or away. (If we got Denver now instead of early in the season, I think we'd get thrashed.) The last few weeks have taken that feeling away. So compared to what we were hoping for as late as mid-November, yeah, it feels like a bit of a downer.
ziggy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012   #40
Khari
Administrator

Section: Varies
Rep Power: 26148 Khari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTown2ATX View Post
Are YOU excited about the playoffs still or not?
Not really. Not expecting much, but will still watch and hope they win.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read