Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-30-2012   #1
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 75856 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Have you ever been LESS excited heading into a Playoff run??

As Texans fan (so Oilers excluded) "we" have only had 1 playoff run. And let me tell you, I was pumped, partying, drunk as hell, everything all in one like it was NYE 2000 last year, just see our Austin Texans group on FB if you need proof, but I gotta say, this year, I MAYBE will go to the group/bar for next weeks playoff game against the Bengals (as it looks right now) as that seems like it will be a waste of money and Shiner and GOD knows I hate to waste either.

W-T-F happened to this team????

So I ask, all ?'s about Kubes, Schaub aside....

Are YOU excited about the playoffs still or not?

PS, please be realistic and leave your "I'm more of a fan than you cause I am excited" (cause you're not and I LOL at you for that) and just answer the question....

Dormant bodies bursting!
HTown2ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012   #2
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 79206 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Have you ever been LESS excited heading into a Playoff run??

Well we've only had two playoff runs, lol.

I wasn't very excited going into last year's either. Similar play leading into it. Hell, we're probably going to have the same opponent!
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012   #3
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 105876 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't know if I even want to watch the game. Seriously.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012   #4
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 379526 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Second year of playoffs -- not much of a sample size.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012   #5
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 32471 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

LOLZ. I dont even know how to feel right now. Its almost as if we will be going to our funeral instead of hosting a playoff game. I am not sure how I am going to be able to get up for this game vs Cincy. The money spent, the waking up early this Sunday, the false hope tailgating, and then the death of what seemed a magical season right in front of our eyes.

I am utterly sick. So many years... So much pain. The life of a Houston fan. Hello familiar, I see you didnt stray too far.
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012   #6
deucetx
All Pro

Rep Power: 31941 deucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
Well we've only had two playoff runs, lol.

I wasn't very excited going into last year's either. Similar play leading into it. Hell, we're probably going to have the same opponent!
Yeah, it's us and the Bengals again unless Pats or Broncs lose to one of the chump teams they are playing. Course I wouldn't hold my breath on it but there's always hope.
deucetx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012   #7
PhilpW
Irish-American

Rep Power: 349 PhilpW is a quality contributor and well respectedPhilpW is a quality contributor and well respectedPhilpW is a quality contributor and well respectedPhilpW is a quality contributor and well respectedPhilpW is a quality contributor and well respectedPhilpW is a quality contributor and well respectedPhilpW is a quality contributor and well respectedPhilpW is a quality contributor and well respectedPhilpW is a quality contributor and well respectedPhilpW is a quality contributor and well respectedPhilpW is a quality contributor and well respected

This team doesn't look too excited about it, how can the fans be excited about it?
PhilpW is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-30-2012   #8
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222017 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

You should edit the title of this thread to playoff game .... not playoff run , you have to win one to call it a run. Im not confident they will win a playoff game.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012   #9
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31529 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Probably not the best time to ask this question. I keep telling myself that if I stood by the Texans when they were terrible, I can stand by them now.

But damn they've made it difficult with their lack of urgency these last 2 games. I just don't get it. Its almost like they haven't really wanted it.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012   #10
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 110804 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Nope

Playoff runs as in diarrhea?
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012   #11
mariowillshine15
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2512 mariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respected

Don't like how we've played at all the 2nd half of the season. But if we pull it together we can still make a run. I think i just drank the last of my kool-aid.
mariowillshine15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012   #12
BlueSteel
Veteran

Rep Power: 151 BlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texn4life View Post
Probably not the best time to ask this question. I keep telling myself that if I stood by the Texans when they were terrible, I can stand by them now.
The difference is that when the teams were bad you expected to lose and it was fun to watch individual players succeed. With this team we should be winning and come across as a total embarrassment.

In short... It was easier to watch our bad teams lose.
Old 12-30-2012   #13
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25247 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by deucetx View Post
Yeah, it's us and the Bengals again unless Pats or Broncs lose to one of the chump teams they are playing. Course I wouldn't hold my breath on it but there's always hope.
They are their division rivals.

I'm betting one of the games will at least be dramatic.
fiasco west is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012   #14
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 126475 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

It is sader watching this team go into the playoffs the way they are than it was to know week 17 was or last game of the season, atleast then i knew we didnt have the talent.

It makes it sader now seeing all of our talent go to waste, seeing the last few years of AJ go to waist, seeing Watts dominating season go to waste.

Just getting tired of watching talent get waisted by this coaching staff and this middle of the pack QB.
Old 12-30-2012   #15
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Nope

Hahaha! Man I needed that laugh!
Old 12-30-2012   #16
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6845 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected

I've heard of "backing into the playoffs", but this is the first time I've ever seen a team crash and burn into the playoffs.
RTP2110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012   #17
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
i actually feel the same way right now
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012   #18
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 75856 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
Honestly this is how I feel and felt before the game if they lost to be frank. Repped.

Dormant bodies bursting!
HTown2ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012   #19
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Nope

Texans have the playoff runs

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012   #20
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 32471 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

Hi, my name is Tailgate... And I am a Texans fan.
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read