Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 06-13-2005   #21
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 134504 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

The fans aren't "down" on DD. Fantasy football players tend to look at stat lines only and get stats confused with talent though. The Texans have a running system and Dom has done well in it. Personally, I don't think he is top tier talent.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2005   #22
Caz
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwwillis
P.S. Im an old fart who remembers when the Steeler fans wanted Bradshaw gone so Im sure you understand.

I feel ya there....lol.

What I mean about them taken him for granted is drafting Morency for some competition is one thing and I whole heartedly agree that the competition would be good for him. But why go after Henry? I don't think thats saying "here you go DD here someone to push you" as much as it is saying, "hey DD we are looking for a replacement for you".
Caz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2005   #23
twinkletwinkle
Rookie

DD is the sheite. Take a look at the Fantasy mock ups DD is a top 10 overall pick. I am sure that isnt because he is small, slow, or otherwise bad. Also remeber that DD would have had better stats in the first year if Mack didnt come in on 1st and goal situations.

http://fantasysports.yahoo.com/analy...ue=fantasy/nfl

The guys that think Henry is the answer are stupid. DD is a five tool RB. Those who dont like him are just tools. (NdNewRBin05 I am talking to you.) The beast is right 1500 yds+ running alone this year.
twinkletwinkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2005   #24
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 134504 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caz
But why go after Henry?
They didn't. That was a writers error that was corrected later.

Old 06-13-2005   #25
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinkletwinkle
DD is the sheite. Take a look at the Fantasy mock ups DD is a top 10 overall pick. I am sure that isnt becasue he is small slow, or otherwise

http://fantasysports.yahoo.com/analy...ue=fantasy/nfl

The guys that think Henry is the answer are stupid. DD is a five tool RB. Those who dont like him are just tools. (NdNewRBin05 I am talking to you.) The beast is right 1500 yds+ running alone this year.
Fantasy football and your worth doesn't equate to regular football. I don't think many fans understand that anymore.

Old 06-13-2005   #26
Caz
Rookie

Default error

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
They didn't. That was a writers error that was corrected later.

When did the paper post that? CBS sportsline just put it out there today.
Old 06-13-2005   #27
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caz
When did the paper post that? CBS sportsline just put it out there today.
For some reason the media get the Titans and Texans confused. Everyone just ran with it. The retraction(s) are in the long thread titled "Texans (not) Interested in Trading for Henry"

Sponsored links
Old 06-13-2005   #28
Caz
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
Fantasy football and your worth doesn't equate to regular football. I don't think many fans understand that anymore.
I am not even looking at it as FF. I said thats how I got interested in watching the Texans. I don't base my opinion from FF. I watch him and he is a joy to watch. He blocks, catches, runs harder than most of the NFL (and by the way that may have been a factor in his fumbling problem), I never seen him caught from behind, I mean come on what more does the guys have to do.
Old 06-13-2005   #29
twinkletwinkle
Rookie

My league gives points for wins and losses. So there.

Actually I understand what you are saying about FF being different that the real game. That said, DD is a top 5 back. The catching ability seals it for me. Did you watch Shuan Alexander's stonehands last year, DD has the running ability and can catch. Talk bad about stats guys all you want but the numbers dont lie, unless my accountant gets to'em first.
twinkletwinkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2005   #30
Long Baller
Rookie

DD is a quality back and I don't think we can sit here and say that the coaches don't show him respect. None of us see what happens behind the seen. The fact that they drafted Morency does not show disrespect. DD has had some injury issues and it is managements job to build the best team, so at that point in the draft they selected the best available athlete.

As for size and speed, he is bigger and faster then Emmitt and look what he did.

IMO DD will be a huge producer for the Texans for many years to come.

Last edited by Long Baller; 06-13-2005 at 04:33 PM.
Long Baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2005   #31
LORK 88
Wreck'em Ŧech!

Rep Power: 202 LORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to LORK 88

I dont see how anyone can be upset with him or even think of replacing him. True, He may be short, doesnt have breakaway speed, fumbled acouple times, but all I see when I look at DD is a 4th round steal whos amassed 2219 rushing yards, 939 receiving yards, and 22 TDs in his first 2 years.
LORK 88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2005   #32
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

i predict within the next 2 years D.D will win a rushing title.
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2005   #33
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

DD is not a top 5 back. He is an average starter. Just a solid overall back.
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2005   #34
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

i think D.D is a top 10. not 5 but 10
Old 06-13-2005   #35
TheGus
Rookie

Some guys forget that last season he had a msall injury then when he came back it took him awhile but then he became the good back he was before the injury, and on most of his fumbles his knee was down, Capers never challenges the bad calls, which his why his challenging percentage is low.

Any way Davis still got over 1000yds last year. He will be even better this year.
TheGus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2005   #36
Davis37
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caz
There is a lot more DD supporters in here but if you look at an earlier post about Travis Henry coming there was quite a few post on how he would be a huge upgrade over any RB you guys have now. There was another post about Morency starting by mid season.

I read all that stuff. Like I said earlier I enjoy watching the Texans so they are the only other team besides the Steelers I follow. I just don't see what DD has done bad to warrent all these pick-ups and talk of him losing his job. He becomes a free agent after next year and thats the only thing I can think of that would remotely make sense on why they are picking up other players just incase they can't sign him to a long term deal. I hope Dom Capers didn't get stupider in his old age.

By the way, for the whole size arguement, I support the fact DD is the same size as Priest Holmes and acknowledge that. You can argue all day long about that and people don't care. The NFL and coaches got all the NFL fans believing bigger is better and thats all fans care about now. Not many starting RB's are above 5'11 which isn't a far cry from 5'9. But if the NFL says thats the way it is the fans will believe it.
You have to realize that ANYTIME there is a decent FA on the market, alot of posters on this board say we should pick them up. I dont know why, but they do. Heck, there was even a "pick up Korean Robinson" thread... Most posters on this board are sane, but some of them im not too sure about. Oh, and most of us LOVE having DD! He is a combo yardage monster!
Old 06-13-2005   #37
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulk75
Hey, just watch out for Jason Anderson this guy would have been a very good back for us last year if he would not have broke his ankle agianst Tampa in the pre-season.

Surprise of the year Jason Anderson.

yeah i remember him,he was alright, considering he was running against 3rd and 4th string players. but i doubt he will have a chance to even make the texans roster.
Old 06-13-2005   #38
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davis37
You have to realize that ANYTIME there is a decent FA on the market, alot of posters on this board say we should pick them up. I dont know why, but they do. Heck, there was even a "pick up Korean Robinson" thread... Most posters on this board are sane, but some of them im not too sure about. Oh, and most of us LOVE having DD! He is a combo yardage monster!

I supportd the idea of picking up Henry becuase I thought it could be a good cheap pickup becuase every team needs 2 good backs. We could keep him a couple of years and then not resign him. At that point Morency will be ready to go and the DD-Morency combo would lead us down the field.

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2005   #39
bigtex77
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOgre
DD has quickness but lacks breakaway speed.
People said the same thing about Emmitt Smith, I think he did alright for himself.
Old 06-14-2005   #40
Dionysus22
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtex77
People said the same thing about Emmitt Smith, I think he did alright for himself.
You took the words right outta my mouth!! E. Smith didn't have break a way speed but I rarely ever saw him being caught from behind. They said, "too small, not big enough, not fast enough". Now look. He's the best complete running back to ever play the game and I think DD is cut from the same mold. Keep runnin' DD!!
Dionysus22 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read