Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-27-2012   #1
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 203027 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Texans/Colts Week 17 Injury Reports

[As of Wednesday afternoon]

On the Texans front:

Foster-full practice
Ball did not practice.
Reed-"limited" practice

Quote:

Head Coach Gary Kubiak

(on the team’s health) “From a physical standpoint, the only guy that did not practice was (CB) Alan Ball. (OLB) Brooks (Reed) is back at practice today and (RB) Arian (Foster) is back at practice today. That was it. So kind of the same way we started last week.

On the Colts front:

Quote:
Satele, Carter out

Coach Chuck Pagano ruled out center Samson Satele (ankle) and running back Delone Carter (ankle) for Sunday’s game but said the rest of the Colts’ injured players are “day-to-day.”

Safety Tom Zbikowski (knee) got some work last week and Pagano said Zbikowski and inside linebacker Kavell Conner (hamstring) would be worked back into the mix beginning Wednesday.

Their status, as well as that of defensive end Cory Redding (quadriceps), tackle Winston Justice (biceps), center A.Q. Shipley (knee), wide receiver Donnie Avery (shoulder) and defensive tackle Anthony Johnson (ankle) will be determined as the week progresses.

Zbikowski has missed the past four games, Conner and Justice two and Johnson one. Shipley played with his injury Sunday to help the Colts clinch a playoff spot by beating Kansas City, where Avery was injured.
link
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012   #2
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans/Colts Week 17 Injury Reports

Looks like my boy Tony is going to get the start...
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012   #3
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 203027 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Today, I found it concerning that OD did not practice because of a hamstring. This is especially concerning with his history of prior ACL knee reconstructions.

Furthermore, I hope this to be nothing but coincidence, but TE Stephen Skelton was just signed to our PS this afternoon.
Old 12-27-2012   #4
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

From today's practice:

Quote:
Head Coach Gary Kubiak

(on injury updates) “(CB) Alan Ball didn’t practice and (TE) Owen Daniels did not practice. Owen is fine. He’s got a sore hamstring so we’re just being smart with him today. It’s obviously a very cold day outside, so basically he did take the walk-through portion and those things at practice, but we held him out of the physical part of practice.”

(on OLB Brooks Reed and RB Arian Foster) “Yeah, everything looks fine with them. (OLB) Brooks (Reed) took his load today. (RB) Arian (Foster) is fine. Brooks will take the majority of his practice tomorrow. That’s the way he did it last week, but everything is heading toward him playing more snaps than he played last week. I think he played like about 25 last week.”

(on the relief that RB Arian Foster is okay) “Yeah, it is. Anytime something like that happens, it’s unusual so it concerns you. I shouldn’t say the good thing, but the positive thing was when it took place it was, ‘Okay, we’ve dealt with this before.’ I don’t know when it was. I think I’ve told you all that a couple times. They felt fine about it even to the point where they encouraged me that he could probably go back in the game, but I said no. At least it’s something that they had a little history with that they could deal with.”

(on how close CB Alan Ball is to returning) “He’s pretty close. He’s been running with the trainers. We knew we were looking at probably about three weeks when this took place. I don’t know how long it’s been now. My expectations are for him to be ready to go as we move forward after the regular season this week. He’s very important. He’s a heck of a special teams player. He’s our fifth corner, played a lot for us. Hopefully he’s back, but the expectations are for him to be back for the playoffs.”

(on RB Arian Foster’s irregular heartbeat) “No, like I said, I know it’s happened one other time and I’m not quite sure when it happened. I want to say it was training camp, so not quite sure.”
Old 12-27-2012   #5
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 4279 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

It's a shame that Ball got injured. I liked what I saw from him in the Lions game.
Old 12-28-2012   #6
Big Lou
Stop Clowning

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 23872 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected

So they are gonna reinjure Reed this week, that should help.

Could we please rest the guy to get him healthy?
Old 12-28-2012   #7
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Lou View Post
So they are gonna reinjure Reed this week, that should help.

Could we please rest the guy to get him healthy?
The Colts, as opposed to the Texans, from what I understand usually will keep the roof OPEN independent of temperature except in face of high percentage chance of significant precipitation. The weather forecast for Sunday is SUNNY and high of 28 degrees.

This would give me great pause for participation this Sunday of both OD (who Kubiak kept out yesterday supposedly mainly because of "obviously a very cold day outside" ...........for only 59 degrees) with his hamstring and Reed with his already re-aggravated adductor muscle tear.
Sponsored links
Old 12-28-2012   #8
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Friday practice:

Ball-did not practice-out for Sunday as expected
Reed-again limited-questionable for Sunday
Keo-did not practice (ankle)-questionable for Sunday
OD-back to limited-probable for Sunday

If the roof is open as I would expect it to be, they better play it wise with Reed and OD. 28 degrees is not very muscle-friendly........especially with established injury.

Last edited by CloakNNNdagger; 12-28-2012 at 05:04 PM.
Old 12-28-2012   #9
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

No mention of Reed, but.........

Quote:
Head Coach Gary Kubiak

(on the team’s health) “(CB) Alan Ball is our only guy that did not practice today. Other than that everybody was at work. That’s where we’re at.”

(on TE Owen Daniels’ health) “He’s fine. He took everything today. Like I said, we rested him yesterday, pretty cold day, hamstring a little tight so we were smart with him. He took everything today so he’s ready to go.”
........but we won't be smart with him on Sunday?
Old 12-28-2012   #10
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 214275 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post

If his hammy is "tight" on Sunday, OD probably won't play a bunch of snaps.
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012   #11
C Madd
Veteran

Rep Power: 4156 C Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post

When have the Texans ever been smart with hamstring issues?
C Madd is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read