Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: Does Wade Stay
Yes He will, and I am okay with this. 53 79.10%
Yes He will, but I don't want him to. 0 0%
No, He will be somewhere else, and I don't like that. 6 8.96%
No, He will be somewhere else, and I could care less. 0 0%
Doesn't matter if he stays or goes, this team won't be the same as long as Kubiak is here. 8 11.94%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-26-2012   #1
Lurvinator11
Hall of Fame

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 12117 Lurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Does Wade Stay?

This time last season, many of us were excited, but at the same time, scared by the idea that Wade might leave us for Tampa, or Oakland.

This season has been a little different. Defense hasn't been the same, ever since Cushing went out. Overall, it has been a good year, but not as strong as we were last year.

So, what do you guys think? Does Wade leave?

Or does he stay?

AND, who here wants him to stay or leave?

Discuss.

Keenum is not the QB of the future.
Lurvinator11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012   #2
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 281064 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Does Wade Stay?

I want him to stay, but I would not be surprised if he gets a head coach offer.
Old 12-26-2012   #3
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 209280 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

I was torn between the 1st option of him staying and I like it, and the last option of "it doesn't matter". Both of those I agree with, because if Wade stays, we'll continue to have a good defense. If he leaves, the defense regresses because Kubiak has shown he won't hire a good defensive coordinator to replace Wade. So, I chose the last option because in the end, I just don't have faith in Kubiak.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012   #4
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 62987 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
I want him to stay, but I would not be surprised if he gets a head coach offer.
I would have been mildly surprised to see him get a HC offer last year (and yes, I remember the Tampa Bay thing), but I'll be far far more surprised if it happens after this season.
Old 12-26-2012   #5
rolyat93
Veteran

Rep Power: 2303 rolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respected

Wade's average at best, I'll be happy with an upgrade.

He hasn't done anything special on the left side of the O-line anyways.

Is this me?
rolyat93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012   #6
ubecool454
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1157 ubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respected

Wade should follow Dom Capers lead and realize he is better as a DC and being a HC on brings more worrys.....but it brings more dough too.
ubecool454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012   #7
amazing80
Site Contributor

Section: my couch
Rep Power: 36901 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected

Wade was too old last year to get a HC gig, last I looked he didn't get younger, He ain't leaving
Old 12-26-2012   #8
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 71089 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazing80 View Post
Wade was too old last year to get a HC gig, last I looked he didn't get younger, He ain't leaving
He had an offer, and an interview if i'm not mistaken it was him who had backed out.
Old 12-26-2012   #9
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Rep Power: 71089 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolyat93 View Post
Wade's average at best, I'll be happy with an upgrade.

He hasn't done anything special on the left side of the O-line anyways.
UMMMMMM Pretty sure the OP means Wade Philips, NOT Wade Smith
Old 12-26-2012   #10
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 110127 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Yes He will, and I am okay with this. I suspect he's content being DC and likes coaching right where he is in Houston.
Old 12-26-2012   #11
rolyat93
Veteran

Rep Power: 2303 rolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
UMMMMMM Pretty sure the OP means Wade Philips, NOT Wade Smith
It was a very poorly executed attempt at humor.

Is this me?
rolyat93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012   #12
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolyat93 View Post
It was a very poorly executed attempt at humor.
ohhhh haha my bad.
Old 12-26-2012   #13
amazing80
Site Contributor

Section: my couch
Rep Power: 36901 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
He had an offer, and an interview if i'm not mistaken it was him who had backed out.
He never had an offer, he was scheduled for an interview and backed out of that prior to our playoff game
Old 12-26-2012   #14
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 55298 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

Wade is an excellent DC. It wasn't his fault that the team lost the QB of the defense, and ILB suddenly became a position of weakness. Opponents also had more film to study this team, and he had to counter adjust. I hope Wade stays as long as possible.
Brisco_County is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012   #15
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15515 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

Wade stays
Old 12-27-2012   #16
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 172895 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurvinator11 View Post
This time last season, many of us were excited, but at the same time, scared by the idea that Wade might leave us for Tampa, or Oakland.

This season has been a little different. Defense hasn't been the same, ever since Cushing went out. Overall, it has been a good year, but not as strong as we were last year.

So, what do you guys think? Does Wade leave?

Or does he stay?

AND, who here wants him to stay or leave?

Discuss.
You've combined two entirely different questions in the same poll.

1. Will he stay? Are you asking if we think he'll get a head coaching gig?

2. Should he stay? Are you asking, that with the fall off in defensive production - outside of J.J. Watt - does he deserve to keep his job?

Which question should we address?
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012   #17
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 13416 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

I still think the future of our defense is already on our staff in Vance Joseph. Hopefully he stays around long enough to eventually take over as DC.
Old 12-27-2012   #18
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72184 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazing80 View Post
^^^^
This
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012   #19
Lurvinator11
Hall of Fame

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 12117 Lurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
You've combined two entirely different questions in the same poll.

1. Will he stay? Are you asking if we think he'll get a head coaching gig?

2. Should he stay? Are you asking, that with the fall off in defensive production - outside of J.J. Watt - does he deserve to keep his job?

Which question should we address?
I set up the poll asking if you think he will stay, but also do you want him to stay?

That's why there are 4 different answers (not counting the Kubiak one)

I'm just curious as to what y'all feel. Believe it or not, I have a friend who thinks he won't improve the defense at all next year.

Keenum is not the QB of the future.
Lurvinator11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012   #20
Doppelganger
None

Rep Power: 38282 Doppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respected

Wade's draw was he was a top tier DC. Last year was the time to cash in: took the Texans D from one of the absolute worst to one of the absolute best. The knock on him has been his second year Defense is not as good as year 1. Happened again this year.

If the Texans continue to give up big points in the playoffs, i don't think he gets an offer or an interview.

Sig made by False Start in 2010.

Adopt a Texan 2011-Present: Duyen.
Doppelganger is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read