Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: Does Wade Stay
Yes He will, and I am okay with this. 53 79.10%
Yes He will, but I don't want him to. 0 0%
No, He will be somewhere else, and I don't like that. 6 8.96%
No, He will be somewhere else, and I could care less. 0 0%
Doesn't matter if he stays or goes, this team won't be the same as long as Kubiak is here. 8 11.94%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-27-2012   #21
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 406301 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Does Wade Stay?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhouston View Post
If our offense keeps playing lackluster and prevents us from winning the SB I believe he will get a HC offer ... from the Texans.
lol! I don't think McNair has it in him to do such a thing.

Plus, Kubiak has playoff + two years. He will be here as long as we go to the playoffs, and I figure he gets a two year buffer after the last playoff season before McNair even lights a match under his seat. (Unless we go 2-14, then all bets are off, but nobody wants to experience that hell again.)
Old 12-27-2012   #22
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurvinator11 View Post
I set up the poll asking if you think he will stay, but also do you want him to stay?

That's why there are 4 different answers (not counting the Kubiak one)

I'm just curious as to what y'all feel. Believe it or not, I have a friend who thinks he won't improve the defense at all next year.

Oh I disagree with your friend strongly on that. Bring Cushing back and have a healthy Joseph all year and things get pretty good again very quickly. I think the defense jumps up again if that happens.
Old 12-27-2012   #23
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 64918 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

If Wade pulls what he did last year, I will want him immediately fired.
Old 12-27-2012   #24
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 291679 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
Oh I disagree with your friend strongly on that. Bring Cushing back and have a healthy Joseph all year and things get pretty good again very quickly. I think the defense jumps up again if that happens.
Agreed. Plus we don't know who Wade has targeted in the draft to augment his arcenal. I can hardly wait to see how many picks we'll allocate to the defensive side of the ball. I'm hoping for a 50/50 split.
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012   #25
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 291679 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroGSXR View Post
If Wade pulls what he did last year, I will want him immediately fired.
you forgot this...

....at least I HOPE you did
Old 12-27-2012   #26
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21216 TexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respected

I think he stays and I think he deserves to stay. The D hasn't been as good as last year, but losing Cushing was a much bigger blow to that side of the ball than losing Mario last year.

Joseph has been hurt this year and even in some of the games he's played it was apparent that he wasn't 100%.

Reed missed most of 4 games.

Barwin hasn't been half the player he was last year.

Cody missed time with an injury.

We had at least one game where we were missing 3 of our top 4 CBs.

Through all that, we are still a top 10 D.

Could they have played better? Yeah. I think some of the struggles were because of stretches of game where the offense couldn't generate a first down and the D was forced onto the field without a rest and with the opponent already in good field position.
TexanBacker93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012   #27
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 64918 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
you forgot this...

....at least I HOPE you did
EFF NO! I meant it! Do you want a coach who plays ying yang with your heart in the midst of a playoff run? What he did last year was tacky, classless, and selfish.

As a person, I understand what he did but as a fan... I DO NOT!
Old 12-27-2012   #28
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Quote:
EFF NO! I meant it! Do you want a coach who plays ying yang with your heart in the midst of a playoff run? What he did last year was tacky, classless, and selfish.

As a person, I understand what he did but as a fan... I DO NOT!
Whutchutalkin' 'bout, Willis???
Old 12-27-2012   #29
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 98483 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Your last poll option makes no sense.

"Doesn't matter if he stays or goes, this team won't be the same as long as Kubiak is here."

If Kubiak is here doesn't every thing stay the same and that is what all the Kubiak-haters have an issue with? A consistent, conservative, good natured, (successful) team.
Old 12-27-2012   #30
Lurvinator11
Hall of Fame

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 12118 Lurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
Your last poll option makes no sense.

"Doesn't matter if he stays or goes, this team won't be the same as long as Kubiak is here."

If Kubiak is here doesn't every thing stay the same and that is what all the Kubiak-haters have an issue with? A consistent, conservative, good natured, (successful) team.
The last option is more of a joke option than anything. I laughed when thinking of it, and I was curious to see who would think that. 8 votes have gone towards that option.

Mallet: The Texas Hammer!
Lurvinator11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012   #31
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Quote:
Whutchutalkin' 'bout, Willis???
The Tampa interview.
Old 12-27-2012   #32
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Quote:
The Tampa interview.
He never went on an interview, did he?
And I'll never blame a guy for chasing his dreams even when they conflict with my personal interests.
Old 12-27-2012   #33
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Quote:
And I'll never blame a guy for chasing his dreams even when they conflict with my personal interests.
*sigh*

I should have seen that you were purposely being obtuse.
Old 12-27-2012   #34
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Quote:
*sigh*

I should have seen that you were purposely being obtuse.
No, not this time. I'd forgotten the whole, "I might be leaving to be a head coach" saga.
Seriously.
I actually was wondering if you were talking about the timing of his operation.
Sorry. You blew that one right by me.
Old 12-27-2012   #35
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 406301 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I cannot speak for Nitro (nor does he need me to), but I think his point was that Wade was being somewhat of a distraction to a team on the cusp of their first playoff berth. I agree, especially his interview where he said that he wanted to be a head coach. Save that stuff for the off-season and be cryptic with your answers until then.
Old 12-27-2012   #36
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 181446 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
I cannot speak for Nitro (nor does he need me to), but I think his point was that Wade was being somewhat of a distraction to a team on the cusp of their first playoff berth. I agree, especially his interview where he said that he wanted to be a head coach. Save that stuff for the off-season and be cryptic with your answers until then.
Damn I'm getting old. I forgot all about that.

Oh, and I completely agree with your post.
Old 12-27-2012   #37
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Quote:
No, not this time. I'd forgotten the whole, "I might be leaving to be a head coach" saga.
Seriously.
I actually was wondering if you were talking about the timing of his operation.
Sorry. You blew that one right by me.
It's all good! I love me some Wade and hope he stays here forever otherwise.
Old 12-28-2012   #38
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
While I stand by my earlier statement about chasing his dream, I totally agree that Wade's timing sucked big time.

Plus, I thought setting up interviews for new jobs during the season was verboten by league rules. ...not to mention common sense and such. Shouldn't someone have been fined or something?? I mean they fine a guy for the wrong socks but not for tampering/distracting the coaching staff of a team in the playoff hunt???
Old 12-28-2012   #39
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 119055 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Plus, I thought setting up interviews for new jobs during the season was verboten by league rules. ...not to mention common sense and such. Shouldn't someone have been fined or something?? I mean they fine a guy for the wrong socks but not for tampering/distracting the coaching staff of a team in the playoff hunt???
NFL teams are allowed to interview assistant coaches for Head Coaching positions during the playoffs if they receive permission from their current team. The Texans had given their approval.
Old 12-29-2012   #40
burro
almost sentient

Section: on the couch, praying for a broadcast
Rep Power: 18049 burro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respected

If Wade was going to land a HC offer, it would have been after last year's miracle turnaround on defense. He's old news now. Either way, I am perfectly content to keep him around; God forbid we EVER leave defensive staffing up to Kubiak again.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read