Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-26-2012   #61
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 317168 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Most miserable fans of a 12-3 team?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
To be fair, when this thing started 10 years ago, fans here on this board were saying we wanted a perennial play-off team. Nobody expected us to win the Super Bowl every year, but we wanted a contender more times than not.

What he's saying, is that we keep moving the target. We are where we said we wanted to be & we're not happy.

I understand, most of us are upset because we think we are on the verge of blowing our second Super Bowl opportunity, 2011 being our first.

I'm there. I think if we don't win it all this year, we've blown an excellent opportunity & who knows when we'll have the same kind of opportunity.

I personally don't think there is an issue there. But to cry about it like it's already happened doesn't make sense to me. I'm not saying you're crying, I haven't noticed your posts enough to put you in that group. But there are guys here, who want to blow the whole thing up & we are currently the number 1 seed in the AFC.......

Just doesn't make sense.
Listen to Kubiak over the years. When he inherited a 2-14 team, was he talking Super Bowl in 2006? Of course not. He wanted to build a team to win more games.

When they finally won more than they lost in 2009 and went 9-7, did Kubiak say "alright, we have finally arrived!"? Of course not. He wanted to get his team to the playoffs, the next step.

Last year, we won the division and won a playoff game. Did you hear Kubiak? I did not hear anything about being satisfied with the 2011 season results. He never reminded us of 2-14 and to just be satisfied.

He started talking Super Bowl championship.

Kubiak has "moved the goalposts" (idiotic stupid metaphor, btw) every single year. Our own head coach has told us to expect greater things, to not be satisfied with average or first times.

As far as the current state of the Texans, fans can sense the slump. It does not make you a lesser fan - unless of course you are being judged by self-appointed Superior Fan - but rather someone who might watch more than just Texans football. NFL fans understand the ebb and flow of seasons and the trends established in December often have a direct impact on influencing playoff performances.

I supposed having a basic comprehension of analyzing games is beyond the ability of Superior Fan, mainly because he appears to be too pre-occupied with other fans and how they measure up to his dickstick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazing80 View Post
This. Great post. We're fans and are allowed to critique the team. Hell isn't that why we're ALL on a chat forum?
Apparently not, as we have been told that we are the worst fans in the country without a doubt.
Old 12-26-2012   #62
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 244045 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
I don't have a problem with anything you said except your dismissing other fans as not being fans. You don't get to be the arbiter of who is and isn't a fan.
Nope..... I said some of us are miserable fans.

I've got good friends & bad friends.

Quote:
But to your point specifically, we aren't friends with the Texans. They charge me money to come see them, for starters. And as for talking bad about them, sometimes the truth is harsh. That's life.
I thought I covered that as well. Nothing wrong with being constructively critical, or being honest about it. But there's a way you talk about your friend, & there's a way you talk about people you let believe are your friends...... or, you don't pretend to be their friends at all.
Quote:
These guys are big boys who make a lot of money doing what they do. They can and should expect harsh criticism when they don't show up to play. Only people who give a damn are going to bother to criticize them. So these people that give a damn are either fans or people getting paid to criticize.

They aren't paying me.
Some of us here are harshly criticizing the team they love. I have no problem with that. Some people are going too far. Maybe I have no right to criticize them.....

As far as the breakdown in the "friends" & "fan" analogy. It doesn't fit perfectly.... they usually don't. The thing about being supportive as a friend is analogous to being supportive as a fan. There's a way to support your friends yet still be critical & honest. There's a way to support your team yet still be critical & honest.

A lot of our miserable fans aren't being very supportive.
Old 12-26-2012   #63
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
I've got good friends & bad friends.
Now THAT would be miserable....
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012   #64
The Third Man
All Pro

Rep Power: 6350 The Third Man is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Third Man is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Third Man is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Third Man is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Third Man is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Third Man is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Third Man is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Third Man is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Third Man is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Third Man is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Third Man is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
All of us support this team. Many of those unhappy with the team's current slide are those that have paid their hard earned cash to attend games for the past 11 seasons.

Yet, you seem to have this smug little attitude that you are somehow superior to everyone because...why? Please elaborate on your apparent and quite evident arrogance on the subject. You are obviously an expert to make such black and white statements about your fellow Texans fans.

Stand by your statement with something worthwhile rather than blathering the same old regurgitated sanctimonious bullshit.

You said of Houston Texans fans:

Prove it.

C'mon, quit acting like your peepee is hurt and own your statement.
How do you "own" an opinion like that?
The Third Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012   #65
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 244045 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

I'm sure after the game, Kubiak had a heart to heart with his team. I'm sure he gave them the what for. He probably wasn't politically correct about it, he was most likely brutal & honest.

However, I'm sure not one person in that locker room doubts Gary's belief that he's got the right group of guys to get it done, to win the Super Bowl.

If you were to sit with the team & explain your position regarding our Super Bowl hopes, do you think they would think you are supporting their efforts? Would they think you have faith in them?
Old 12-26-2012   #66
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 253428 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
This. Great post. We're fans and are allowed to critique the team. Hell isn't that why we're ALL on a chat forum?
The bolded part = Hell yes! Now, granted, there are a few here that are causing trouble just to cause trouble. On a public BBS that's inevitable. But I think most of us are here because we love the team, want them to win, but have different experiences and therefore different opinions.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012   #67
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 317168 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Third Man View Post
How do you "own" an opinion like that?
Just like any statement. You present facts and a reasonable argument that might sway perspectives. Otherwise, it's typical drive-by trolling, which based on history, is most likely his original intent.
Old 12-26-2012   #68
BullBlitz
Section 331

Rep Power: 5859 BullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stemp View Post
Yes, I saw all 3 losses. I also saw the win the week before as well as the other 11 wins.
I saw them all. At in to me, the wins did not seem as impressive as the losses seemed that we were totally dominated.

This is the playoffs. This Sunday we need to win for a top seed. The next game we need to win to continue to tend for the title. This team has shown little intensity in the last few weeks, it has negative momentum and is 1-2 in the last 3 games.

12-3 is old news. I don't like the team's attitude right now. They seem to think that they have accomplished something good enough by getting into the playoffs, period.
BullBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012   #69
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 101421 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullBlitz View Post
I saw them all. At in to me, the wins did not seem as impressive as the losses seemed that we were totally dominated.

This is the playoffs. This Sunday we need to win for a top seed. The next game we need to win to continue to tend for the title. This team has shown little intensity in the last few weeks, it has negative momentum and is 1-2 in the last 3 games.

12-3 is old news. I don't like the team's attitude right now. They seem to think that they have accomplished something good enough by getting into the playoffs, period.
Ummm

VS Miami (7-8) - 30-10
@ Denver (12-3) - 31-25
VS Titans (5-10) - 38-14
VS Ravens (10-5) - 43-13
@ Chicago (9-6) - 13-6
VS Colts (10-5) - 29-17

Those wins are pretty solid IMO. If it makes you feel anybetter we have not lost to a team with a losing record. And beaten 4 teams with winning records. At the time when we beat Baltimore, Chicago they were leading their Division.

We had some very convincing wins. Hell New England Lost to Arizona, Baltimore

Green bay lost to the Colts and the Giants.

I mean come on it is any given Sunday apparently.
Old 12-26-2012   #70
amazing80
Site Contributor

Section: my couch
Rep Power: 57187 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
Ummm

VS Miami (7-8) - 30-10
@ Denver (12-3) - 31-25
VS Titans (5-10) - 38-14
VS Ravens (10-5) - 43-13
@ Chicago (9-6) - 13-6
VS Colts (10-5) - 29-17

Those wins are pretty solid IMO. If it makes you feel anybetter we have not lost to a team with a losing record. And beaten 4 teams with winning records. At the time when we beat Baltimore, Chicago they were leading their Division.

We had some very convincing wins. Hell New England Lost to Arizona, Baltimore

Green bay lost to the Colts and the Giants.

I mean come on it is any given Sunday apparently.
I agree with the post, BUT the Broncos and Bears were not convincing games IMO, they squeaked those wins out
Old 12-26-2012   #71
Goatcheese
Nightmare Over

Rep Power: 108483 Goatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The way people are talking around here, you'd think this team was on the outside looking in with no shot at the playoffs instead of playing for the #1 overall seed.

I'm not sure I've seen a more miserable fanbase for a 12-3 team.
They're not miserable. They enjoy bitching.

It's annoying, but at least it means they care. It's only really a problem if they stop; then apathy has set in.

“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.” -Arthur Schopenhauer
Goatcheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012   #72
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 54908 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The way people are talking around here, you'd think this team was on the outside looking in with no shot at the playoffs instead of playing for the #1 overall seed.

I am an old Oiler fan from back in the day. 7 straight playoff losses will do that to you. For me personally this team reeks of any of the Run and Shoot teams.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012   #73
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Most miserable fans of a 12-3 team?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
Did you see the game on Sunday?
/thread

(msr)
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012   #74
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
So if you see something that you find fault with and mention it in here then you're a "miserable fan"? I just don't understand that, probably never will. See, most of you ****ing clones think you're either with us or against us. You either got your Texans gear on and you're waving your little flag and everything is coming up roses or you're a "hater" and must be leading a miserable life where you can never be happy and never appreciate what you've been lucky enough to be given.

What kind of Black/White world do you live in? I see Gray everywhere. I'm happy with what's working, wanting to see improvement with what's not, and frustrated with things that seem to go unaddressed for years and years. I'm going to point at the naked emperor and say that he's nekkid if he doesn't have any clothes on (doesn't mean I hate him) and I'm going to applaud him when he does something great (doesn't mean he's infallible). The one thing I hate about this place is that if you don't agree with what all the posters around you have to say then you're somehow a bad fan and you don't know what you're looking at. It's always been that way here and before at the other board. Maybe it's part of being a sports fan or something, I don't know. Texecutioner lately spends more time telling people that they aren't qualified to talk about football than anyone I've ever seen. and now you're going to wade in and complain about all the miserable fans? Guess what? I'm not miserable. I'm perfectly happy with my football experience this year. Could it be better? Sure.

If it ends in one of these and not a bunch of these

then yes, it will be better. Even if it doesn't it's the best season they've ever had. What's not to like? Why does dissent about details or the play of a few guys have to translate into my being miserable fan to you? You see, instead of discussing the relative merits of these things (I think we need to go in another direction at QB, maybe you don't agree, we go back and forth... you know) instead we get all this posing and posturing from a bunch of fans who think they're self appointed fan-ambassadors or something. Like Saudi "moral police" they run up and down the board telling people that they are whiners for not whistling Zip-a-Dee-Doo-da out their asses because the Texans have 12 wins. To me that is what makes a miserable fan.

And you know what else? Any dip**** who stumbles in here is qualified to talk about football. Get off your high horses with all this BS about who is or isn't qualified to talk about this team and this game. If you care about the outcome of these games and wins have you walking on air or losses make you die inside you are qualified to talk about football. You might not be qualified to play it, coach it, or be an NFL GM but you can damn sure talk about it.
Awesome post Herv! Just friggin awesome.
Old 12-26-2012   #75
deucetx
All Pro

Rep Power: 28119 deucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm sure others stated it but this whole '12-3!' is old. Records mean nothing in the playoffs. It's about how you're playing and coming into that second season. Any that has watched the games and understand football will know that the Texans have not been playing complete football since the Ravens game. Simple as that. They have looked sluggish on one or both sides of the ball from one game to the next. The team has looked out of sync for weeks now and it really comes down to that.

Record is nice and all but Packers were 15-1 last year. How did that work out for them? You want to see your team elevating it's play and looking like a team on a roll at this point or at least consistent. We have had anything but that. And let's be real here. It isn't just people on this board that see it. Football analysts are saying the exact same thing and so are other fans from other teams. I have seen predictions where folks mainly see us being one and out when before many thought we were the team to beat.

Why? Because they see past the record and have noticed the defense is no longer 'elite' and the offense is inconsistent at best. Nothing wrong with a fan admitting this. Doesn't make them less a fan. I know it's true and I'll still be cheering and hoping for any given Sunday when the playoffs roll by. But I'm not going to be unrealistic and think every thing is unicorns farting rainbows either. I'd have to be blind to not see the issues.
deucetx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012   #76
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 101274 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I agree with the post, BUT the Broncos and Bears were not convincing games IMO, they squeaked those wins out
How was that not convincing? A win is a win when you're playing against a great team. The Bears were a one loss team at the time, and our defense completely shook their run by injuring Cutler and making them play with Campbell for a few weeks. The Bears were never the same after that game. But the Texans went into a rowdy stadium and pulled out a big win. Trying to discount that win is looking for things to discredit.

And the Broncos?? Watch that game again. We had a good early lead and Kubiak did nothing but run the ball in the 2nd half. That allowed Manning to make a comeback that he almost made. Regardless, the Broncos have the best record in the AFC and our a top team. I don't care how that victory was pulled off. It was an impressive victory none the less.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012   #77
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 101274 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
I am an old Oiler fan from back in the day. 7 straight playoff losses will do that to you. For me personally this team reeks of any of the Run and Shoot teams.
Trying to compare the Texans to the Oilers is no different then trying to compare the Texans to the Browns or the Chiefs from the 90's. There is nothing to compare as they are two different franchises. Absurd comparison.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012   #78
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 143118 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
How was that not convincing? A win is a win when you're playing against a great team. The Bears were a one loss team at the time, and our defense completely shook their run by injuring Cutler and making them play with Campbell for a few weeks. The Bears were never the same after that game. But the Texans went into a rowdy stadium and pulled out a big win. Trying to discount that win is looking for things to discredit.

And the Broncos?? Watch that game again. We had a good early lead and Kubiak did nothing but run the ball in the 2nd half. That allowed Manning to make a comeback that he almost made. Regardless, the Broncos have the best record in the AFC and our a top team. I don't care how that victory was pulled off. It was an impressive victory none the less.
The Bears win was impressive, granted. Had the Bears picked up where they left off after the Texans the win would have seemed more impressive in retrospect, Cutler or no Cutler.

When Houston beat Denver I look at it a little differently. The Texans team that beat Denver is MIA.....ditto for the Broncos. Manning has gotten in sync with his offense and their defense is playing much better football than they were when Houston came to town.

Fun to know we beat Denver and all, but if they played this Sunday my money is on Denver....and I'm all in.
Old 12-26-2012   #79
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 116095 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

MSR!! Although there is a fair enough argument that this same 12-3 team has faultered in #"Big Games*....

So FREAKIN' WHAT?!??!!!!?

Isn't that why they play the games???!!??!??
Old 12-26-2012   #80
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
Trying to compare the Texans to the Oilers is no different then trying to compare the Texans to the Browns or the Chiefs from the 90's. There is nothing to compare as they are two different franchises. Absurd comparison.
I disagree. Both teams are/were Houston NFL franchises. Both choke/choked in big games. Neither team has won a superbowl. Both teams always seem/seemed to back themselves into the worst scenerios.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read