Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 04-26-2013   #161
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 213038 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: QBs in this draft class.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
I wouldnt take a QB in this class prior to the 4th round .... bunch of career backups.
Seems like the majority of the NFL GM's agree'd with me on this statement.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013   #162
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Not really; they still drafted 7 QBs in the first 4 rounds.
With it being a weak class, other teams simply waited longer for the rest.

I've got my top 4 guys drafted, just not in the order.
Most impressive was Mike Glennon, whom I thought to be a better prospect than most if not all around here felt, LOL.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013   #163
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Actually, I just looked it up.
Seven in the first four rounds is more like the norm for the last fifteen years, on the plus side.
There were maybe 4 years when teams drafted 8 (most); there were several more years when six or fewer were drafted in the top 4 rounds.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013   #164
Lucky

Rep Power: 181825 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Actually, I just looked it up.
Seven in the first four rounds is more like the norm for the last fifteen years, on the plus side.
Yes, but the average draft position for those 7 was #80. Only 2010's draft had the top 7 QBs selected averaging a lower draft slot over the past 13 drafts.

I think this group would have gone higher, had they matched up with the trend of athletic QBs. The two QBs with plus athletic ability were the 1st 2 QBs selected. Had Barkley and Glennon been able to run 4.6 40's, they would have gone in the 1st or 2nd rounds, as well.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read