Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 03-18-2013   #1
TexansCountry
Rookie

Section: anywhere i can get tickets
Rep Power: 0 TexansCountry is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansCountry is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansCountry is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansCountry is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansCountry is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansCountry is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansCountry is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansCountry is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansCountry is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansCountry is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansCountry is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Tyrann Matheiu: head scratcher

what are yalls thoughts on us taking Tyrann Matheiu in the later rounds possibly 3-4? the kid is a baller. i think with the right guidance he could wind up getting his act together. And also i wouldnt mind them takeing Marcus Lattimore with a latter round pick. if the kid comes back to 90% of what he was he will be a great compliment to foster
Old 03-18-2013   #2
TexansCountry
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 TexansCountry is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansCountry is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansCountry is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansCountry is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansCountry is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansCountry is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansCountry is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansCountry is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansCountry is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansCountry is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansCountry is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: head scratcher

sorry i do realize this should have went in the mock draft section which is where i thought i was posting it
Old 03-18-2013   #3
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 26700 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

Plenty of good weed in Houston, so I think Tyrann would be a great fit.
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013   #4
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 172712 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trap_Star View Post
Plenty of good weed in Houston, so I think Tyrann would be a great fit.
Did wonders for Jacoby.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013   #5
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 87575 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

On NFL tv during interview he said it would be an ongoing challenge. Seemed to me he was talking about the temptation to continue to smoke.
Old 03-18-2013   #6
TexansCountry
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
On NFL tv during interview he said it would be an ongoing challenge. Seemed to me he was talking about the temptation to continue to smoke.
I smoked from the time I was 13 till I was 22 I've been clean for almost 3 years. There's always temptation but how strong is your will. When he realizes that it will do wonders for him. The talent is there I think he's worth the chance
Old 03-18-2013   #7
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 87575 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansCountry View Post
I smoked from the time I was 13 till I was 22 I've been clean for almost 3 years. There's always temptation but how strong is your will. When he realizes that it will do wonders for him. The talent is there I think he's worth the chance
If any of your employers had known of your smoking habit, you might not have been hired. Also, how can an NFL team judge how strong his will is?
Old 03-18-2013   #8
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18476 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansCountry View Post
The problem with that line of thinking is that he's not just a user, busted 3 times in college on the piss test, but he's also a dealer, busted along with several of LSU's finest alumni with 10 lbs. of weed. If your a team owner do you risk paying a guy hundreds of thousands of dollars a year that's to stupid to stop smoking weed after he's already been caught several times before and then once kicked out of school doesn't try to better himself with another school like DaRick Rogers did, he turns to drug dealing instead?

He's a suspension waiting to happen.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013   #9
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 39326 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Tyrann Matheiu: head scratcher

Texans say they are committed to winning but will not sacrifice character. It makes their task really difficult in today's market because young men are easy prey & targets for predators, add to that easy access & temptation around every corner with a society desensitized to destructive behavior. Texans will remain a bastion of high moral standards & civic responsibility.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013   #10
Doppelganger
None

Rep Power: 35195 Doppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respected

Not interested. Yes he has talent, but he also has a ton of red flags. He has shown an addiction or inability to stop smoking grass. He was also a dealer, which is a HUGE red flag in my book.

He withdrew from LSU on August 17, 2012 to enter a drug rehab program in Houston. On September 4th, 2012 he was back in Baton Rougue. Most rehab programs are a month long, he was there less than 18 days. I don't know what happened, but something doesn't smell right.

I cannot confirm this, but I heard that once back on the LSU campus he returned to smoking.

I don't mind taking a chance on a guy with a single or couple of issues, but this guy seems littered with them. I would not take a chance on him at all and don't want him near the team. I don't mind a guy who smokes a little herb...not a guy who distributes or cannot stop smoking it.

Sig made by False Start in 2010.

Adopt a Texan 2011-Present: Duyen.
Doppelganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013   #11
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28939 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppelganger View Post
Not interested. Yes he has talent, but he also has a ton of red flags. He has shown an addiction or inability to stop smoking grass. He was also a dealer, which is a HUGE red flag in my book.

He withdrew from LSU on August 17, 2012 to enter a drug rehab program in Houston. On September 4th, 2012 he was back in Baton Rougue. Most rehab programs are a month long, he was there less than 18 days. I don't know what happened, but something doesn't smell right.

I cannot confirm this, but I heard that once back on the LSU campus he returned to smoking.

I don't mind taking a chance on a guy with a single or couple of issues, but this guy seems littered with them. I would not take a chance on him at all and don't want him near the team. I don't mind a guy who smokes a little herb...not a guy who distributes or cannot stop smoking it.
I think being a dealer is a much bigger red flag than smoking. Just a guess, but there's probably a large amount of professional athletes who smoke. No big deal. But dealing the stuff is a big character concern.

As far as the rehab program goes, did he go there for pot or for other drugs as well? Because if it was just for pot then that seems pretty pointless.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013   #12
Doppelganger
None

Rep Power: 35195 Doppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
I think being a dealer is a much bigger red flag than smoking. Just a guess, but there's probably a large amount of professional athletes who smoke. No big deal. But dealing the stuff is a big character concern.

As far as the rehab program goes, did he go there for pot or for other drugs as well? Because if it was just for pot then that seems pretty pointless.
Yep, that was what I was getting at. Smoking occasionally is one thing. Being unable to stop is another. Being a dealer is the biggest red flag and completely takes him off my board.

Sig made by False Start in 2010.

Adopt a Texan 2011-Present: Duyen.
Doppelganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013   #13
ralph
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 ralph is a quality contributor and well respectedralph is a quality contributor and well respectedralph is a quality contributor and well respectedralph is a quality contributor and well respectedralph is a quality contributor and well respectedralph is a quality contributor and well respectedralph is a quality contributor and well respectedralph is a quality contributor and well respectedralph is a quality contributor and well respectedralph is a quality contributor and well respectedralph is a quality contributor and well respected

Who the hell gets addicted to smoking pot?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUPHlAbAf2I
ralph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013   #14
Smokedawg
Veteran

Rep Power: 14 Smokedawg could be on the next Madden coverSmokedawg could be on the next Madden coverSmokedawg could be on the next Madden coverSmokedawg could be on the next Madden coverSmokedawg could be on the next Madden coverSmokedawg could be on the next Madden cover

He was not a dealer of weed.

On talent alone he probably is the most talented defensive player in the draft. He is very similar to Ed Reed, always around the ball and forcing turnovers. He has a swagger that makes his teammates better (this year it was missed alot). There are numerous guys in the NFL that have weed problems.
Old 03-21-2013   #15
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Section: 135J 5-8
Rep Power: 12478 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokedawg View Post
He was not a dealer of weed.

On talent alone he probably is the most talented defensive player in the draft. He is very similar to Ed Reed, always around the ball and forcing turnovers. He has a swagger that makes his teammates better (this year it was missed alot). There are numerous guys in the NFL that have weed problems.
http://www.tmz.com/2012/10/25/honey-...n-mathieu-lsu/

In response to the new Vance Joseph Hiring:
silvrhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013   #16
Smokedawg
Veteran

Rep Power: 14 Smokedawg could be on the next Madden coverSmokedawg could be on the next Madden coverSmokedawg could be on the next Madden coverSmokedawg could be on the next Madden coverSmokedawg could be on the next Madden coverSmokedawg could be on the next Madden cover

Honey Badger and Jefferson were charged with simple possession of marijuana. Hatcher was charged with 2nd Offense Simple Possession of Marijuana and Bryant was charged with Possession With Intent to Distribute Marijuana.
Matheiu was not dealing. Hatcher and Bryant were the dealers.
Old 03-26-2013   #17
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 53509 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Reed would be the perfect mentor for this guy. I wouldn't hesitate to draft him in the second round.
Old 03-26-2013   #18
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10331 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected

I can't even believe they are taking a look at this guy! Talent or no talent, he doesn't fit Bob McNair's profile for players! Maybe it's a "smoke screen!"
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013   #19
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 71966 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Someone's high

http://instagram.com/p/YfR-t8mM7f/#
Old 04-24-2013   #20
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 54460 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Yea, I have heard that he is really pimping this party.

It's going to be funny when he ends up waiting for 2 days.
TexansSeminole is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read