Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-25-2012   #21
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 173371 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Who's better Schaub or A Smith?

It's not Smith.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012   #22
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153118 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
It's funny how all Schaubs supporters want to throw out STATS as evidence of how good he is yet when you show another well criticized QB and their good STATS suddenly STATS become meaningless.
I know you're not talking 'bout me, since stats was a small part of my argument. However, since you posted this comment directly after two of my posts, I feel I must respond.

Actually, I'll just repeat my point from the above mentioned posts.

The man who should have the most faith in Smith ditched him for a guy who had never started an NFL game in his life... & Harbaugh knows QBs.

There is absolutely nothing stopping Kubiak, another guy who knows QBs, from pursuing any QB he'd like. He double downed on Matt Schaub.
Old 12-25-2012   #23
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57325 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

If you like Smith, you can make a case for him.
Some of the Niners fans want him back because they don't believe Kaepernick can be all that. He already has a nickname "Krapernicker".

Those who support CK point out that he's still young; that Smith can never carry a team.

So even if you don't like Schaub, you also ought to know that Smith is not an upgrade.

It's all good and well trying to find a solution, but that solution has to make a lot of sense to be considered as viable; otherwise, we will just go round and round with a QB carousel.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012   #24
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 36493 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Just plain dumb.
Old 12-25-2012   #25
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

schaub is like a eight and smith is A SEVEN not worth it i say find another qb project
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012   #26
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 32243 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012   #27
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 79376 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
schaub is like a eight and smith is A SEVEN not worth it i say find another qb project

Norg, You've been around a long time and I still can't cipher you....

No matter, a discussion with Alex Smith and Matt Scaub is funny... at BEST!!

Could Alex Smith run Kubiak's offense?? Sure he could!

Could Alex Smith run Kubiak's offense better than Schaub??? Maybe.... Maybe someday.

Could Alex Smith run Kubiak's offense better this season or next??? NO WAY IN HELL!!!

To think otherwise, well, is pretty much the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

Old 12-25-2012   #28
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 79376 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!
Can you shorten that a bit??? You know, to shorten the screen wideness, (if you will)

Old 12-25-2012   #29
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 58892 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

I started this thread to prove a point. First, the Schaub supporters constantly use STATS as proof Schaub is just below elite. If STATS are proof positive then Smith has been a top 5 QB the last couple of years.

Also they want to point to W's and L's as to how good Schaub is. I'm constantly seeing 12 -3 as if that is all they need to prove their point. Well Smith is 20-6-1 in the last 2 years. Does that mean he is elite? That record is right up there with the best of them.

Now that that is settled, what has Schaub done that makes him so good. What has he done the lsat two years that makes him better than A Smith?
Old 12-25-2012   #30
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 12831 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

Quote:
I started this thread to prove a point. First, the Schaub supporters constantly use STATS as proof Schaub is just below elite. If STATS are proof positive then Smith has been a top 5 QB the last couple of years.

Also they want to point to W's and L's as to how good Schaub is. I'm constantly seeing 12 -3 as if that is all they need to prove their point. Well Smith is 20-6-1 in the last 2 years. Does that mean he is elite? That record is right up there with the best of them.

Now that that is settled, what has Schaub done that makes him so good. What has he done the lsat two years that makes him better than A Smith?
Not get benched.
Old 12-25-2012   #31
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 58892 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
I know you're not talking 'bout me, since stats was a small part of my argument. However, since you posted this comment directly after two of my posts, I feel I must respond.

Actually, I'll just repeat my point from the above mentioned posts.

The man who should have the most faith in Smith ditched him for a guy who had never started an NFL game in his life... & Harbaugh knows QBs.

There is absolutely nothing stopping Kubiak, another guy who knows QBs, from pursuing any QB he'd like. He double downed on Matt Schaub.
No Fiddler I was not directing that at you. It was actually put out there because of several posters in another thread all together. Actually a couple of threads.
Old 12-25-2012   #32
mussop
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaShark316 View Post
Not get benched.
Only because we don't have a backup that is ready to take over for a QB that is clearly on decline.
Old 12-25-2012   #33
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 12831 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

Quote:
Only because we don't have a backup that is ready to take over for a QB that is clearly on decline.
But Kaepernick and Yates are both second year QBs....

Colin's starts before Smith's concussion = 0
Old 12-25-2012   #34
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 23247 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

OK I'm not a big fan of Matt Schaub, but there's no way I think Alex Smith is better than him.
Old 12-25-2012   #35
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Not get benched.
Old 12-25-2012   #36
mussop
Hall of Fame

Quote:
But Kaepernick and Yates are both second year QBs....

Colin's starts before Smith's concussion = 0
Just shows how bad Yates really is.
Old 12-25-2012   #37
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 114714 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Not get benched.

that's funny, no matter which side of the "discussion" you're on.
repped
Old 12-25-2012   #38
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153118 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post

Could Alex Smith run Kubiak's offense better than Schaub??? Maybe.... Maybe someday.

Could Alex Smith run Kubiak's offense better this season or next??? NO WAY IN HELL!!!

I don't think these guys want to trade Schaub for Alex now. They've already given up on this season & are looking towards next year & beyond.
Old 12-26-2012   #39
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 147080 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I think Norg posts drunk ..... drunk like us at the titty bra.

As for this Schaub / Smith debate , I think they are equally limited but Smith has better mobility and a little stronger arm. Schaubs strengths are the mental part of the game and his ball handling (fakes).

If you look at those two offenses and their coaches .... they are pretty much mirror images of one another.

Running game - Defense - Ball Control - Limit mistakes - Play action.

Imagine a QB who could extend plays and make the deep throws with some zip while doing all those little things in this offense and how much Gary could open up the playbook .... 3rd in the league in scoring with a noodle armed statue unde center.

Hell , just take a look at that Rookie QB in DC who leads the #5 offense in the NFL for an example. He's making some rookie mistakes and they are still one of the best offenses in the game.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012   #40
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

typed that from my phone .. LOl what i meant was SMith is no better then Schaub so i say NO in bringing in Alex next year
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read