Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: Does Matt need to sit, even for just the 1st half, of the Colts game?
Yes, I think a small amount of being "sat" can help everyone 9 10.47%
No, he needs the reps and needs to work through it NOW. 60 69.77%
It doesn't matter either way, there are too many other issues going on 17 19.77%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-27-2012   #61
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69511 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Does Matty Need to Watch From The Sidelines Sunday?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhouston View Post
Yes that was proven last year wasn't it ..... oh wait ...

Yeah look at Yates numbers we won all of those games because if him or was it inspite of him? We avg something around 17 ppg and were winning so that tells me the D was keeping us in the game

Just to look at the numbers Yates was 110/189 6.83 avg 4 tds 6 ints 5 fumbles in 8 games. Of those 8 he only played a half in Jacksonvill and a series in Tenn so more like 6.75 games.

Last edited by 2012Champs; 12-27-2012 at 09:16 AM.
2012Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012   #62
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 79339 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah, I like to entertain the notion of benching my starting quarterback in the final game of the season when we are trying to clinch the #1 seed and home-field throughout too.

Seems like a good idea.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012   #63
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69511 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhouston View Post
You keep looking at numbers ... I will keep watching football.

Oh I watched the games too. I just have to show you what he did because you think he did something greater than reality. In reality Yates for the most part played well enough to not cost us game. He wasnt the reason we won as many as we did with him playing
2012Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012   #64
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 416490 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Well there is a landslide if there ever has been one - and a lot of people abstained from voting because it was so stupid. Even Schaub haters thought this was a bad idea. Epic fail.

Old 12-27-2012   #65
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 291679 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
No.

He's the best QB on the team.
^^^^
This.

'Nuff said.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012   #66
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17600 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

who ever made this thread whatever your smokin GIve me some LOL
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012   #67
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 291679 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
Eh... sort of. I agree his play left a lot to be desired, but I think the thing to fix it is to put the game in his hands & let him know it'll be in his hands throughout the play offs. The game plan from here on out should be pass heavy. Don't sorry about balance. Quick easy passes, a few screens, a run here & there. Keep it up through the first three qtrs. Then run the crap out of it in the fourth.
I actually like where your head's at here. Use quick, Joe Montana/Tom Brady-like timing routes. Catch a DB playing 8-10 yds back on the WRs, call an audible that gets them the ball using a quick, two-step drop or employs WR or TE screen; whoever has the DB backing off. This should force the defense to spread out - maybe even take out an LB and bring in a CB. This is when we start to run delays/draws with Tate and Foster (notice I said Tate first).

We've been run-first all year except in obvious, OMG, catch-up situations; now is the time to switch it up completely and give the folks who might be facing us in the playoffs a whole new set of things to prep for. Hell, even run it out of the hurry-up just for grins.

So I say, why not? The regular stuff has looked pretty raggedy over the last month. Why not somethin' diff??
Sponsored links
Old 12-27-2012   #68
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Well there is a landslide if there ever has been one - and a lot of people abstained from voting because it was so stupid. Even Schaub haters thought this was a bad idea. Epic fail.

I-Cak, you owe me a cheezeburger and fries cause I just lost my lunch.

Last edited by ObsiWan; 12-27-2012 at 04:01 PM.
Old 12-27-2012   #69
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222742 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Cak that was disgusting.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012   #70
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

If Schaub ends up blowing this game...I'll be here to bring this poll up again.

If Schaub dominates, I'll be here to eat crow in public.

I have a bad feeling a lot of you are going to be unprepared for what happens this Sunday. Most of you pegged the Vikings game as a Texans win, very few thought we could lose that game.

I got that same hunch for this game. Just because you guys think the team is capable of sacking up and getting this game handled doesn't mean they will.

Matt's playing awful. We've never won in Indy. Ever. Luck and his crew will be gunning early, which won't help our team's confidence. Pretty much the only thing that will save us is the Colts laying down early enough, to save their star players, or the Texans catching some mistakes by a young Colts team.

I just don't think we're going to win this one. And Matt will be a large reason why. IMO.
Old 12-27-2012   #71
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 181446 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
I-Cak, you owe me a cheezeburger and fries cause I just lost my lunch.
Yeah, lol. I went blind, and just 1 second too late at that.
Old 12-27-2012   #72
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
I was talking to C&D a while ago and we were talking specifically about Schaub .... I think he's been spot on with his assessment of Schaub post injury - He aint the same guy.

The longer the game and the season go along , the worse he gets. That foot injury limited the mobility of an already limited mobility guy.

I was thinking he might have an upper body injury but after discussing it with Doc .... Its pretty obvious that the foot injury is the root of his problems.

When's the last time you saw Schaub throw a jump pass or a QB sneak ? When is the last time you saw him change direction quickly ? All of his movements are subtle and planned. He simply cant get the leverage to quickly change direction with that foot he could pre-injury.

Every fear Doc had about the injury post recovery looks proven to me. Loss of explosion , unable to change direction .... He just cant plant that foot anymore and its affected the whole of his game.

That doesnt mean I'd bench Schaub because this is the "biggest game in the history of this franchise" and Schaub gives the Texans the best chance to win.

I applaud what Yates did last year .... but Schaub , despite his limitations is a better QB right now and make no mistake about it , this is a must win.The difference between needing two wins to reach the superbowl or needing three .... the difference between playing at home or traveling to NE or Denver for an AFC championship game.
I was just talking to C&D......... literally a few minutes ago and he mentioned this convo.

At the end of the day, a limited Schaub is still better than a pretty good back-up in Yates.
Old 12-27-2012   #73
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

I think Schaub's problem might be the same as Arian's, he got paid. It's funny what tens of millions can do to people.
Old 12-27-2012   #74
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
I think Schaub's problem might be the same as Arian's, he got paid. It's funny what tens of millions can do to people.
WRONG!!!

What's wrong with the offense is multi-layered.

A) See the conversation with DOC Jean (aka CnD and Corrosion) about the LinsFranc injury for Schaub, and

B) Arian Foster is the, and I mean the last guy to let money get to his head..

Let's look instead to the O-Line...

Duane Brown (who I personal love and has done a great job "for a reach") had his worst game.... EVAH!!!

The right side of the O-Line.... While I love Eric Winston as a person, as a man, as a person that threw *GaryLynnFoundation* himself into charities that I participate in..... The Texans were right to release him...

Derek Newton will be just fine!! Ben Jones has stumbled at times (and the other RG who I'm forgetting) will be just fine..The problems have been, promidently on the right side, no??? (save the fact that I acknowledged Duane having a bad game on the left side)..........

NO WORRIES!!! WE GOT THIS!!!!
Old 12-28-2012   #75
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222742 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
I was just talking to C&D......... literally a few minutes ago and he mentioned this convo.

At the end of the day, a limited Schaub is still better than a pretty good back-up in Yates.
I dont disagree with that one bit .... I do think that they have to explore a better option going forward tho.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post

It aint money with Foster or Schaub ....

For Foster , the OL has been horrible. He's had to dodge defenders 3 yards deep in the backfield on many occasions ...

For Schaub , its a combination of poor protection and a gimp foot.

Go back and watch the past few games and you'll see what Im talkin about ....

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012   #76
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by corrosion View Post
i dont disagree with that one bit .... I do think that they have to explore a better option going forward tho.

It aint money with foster or schaub ....

For foster , the ol has been horrible. He's had to dodge defenders 3 yards deep in the backfield on many occasions ...

For schaub , its a combination of poor protection and a gimp foot.

Go back and watch the past few games and you'll see what im talkin about ....

Jup!!!
Old 12-28-2012   #77
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 416490 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
Yeah, lol. I went blind, and just 1 second too late at that.
Hey, you like plane photos. Roll with the roll.

Her canards are showing.

I don't think I have ever seen a bigger split tail.

Just pull the string and she drops her load.
Old 12-28-2012   #78
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 181446 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Hey, you like plane photos. Roll with the roll.

Her canards are showing.

I don't think I have ever seen a bigger split tail.

Just pull the string and she drops her load.
That's messed up. Funny as hell, but messed up.
Old 12-28-2012   #79
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
For Foster , the OL has been horrible. He's had to dodge defenders 3 yards deep in the backfield on many occasions ..
We have been doing much more straight up blocking. I have been mentioning this for a while. When the OL comes of just shallow of perpendicular to the line they wash people wide quickly and Foster finds a cut back. They have been doing more power blocking and when they do zone blocking they come off more in a 45 degree mix - it is kind of power and kind of zone. It doesn't get the flow going the same way. This is affecting the play action as well because the defenders aren't biting near as hard when we come of in this fashion. No idea why we are doing it but those are my thoughts.
Old 12-28-2012   #80
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26865 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
All I know is he played like a scared little school girl in that last game. If at the first sign of pressure he fetals up against Indy his ass needs to be pulled. Kubiak needs to get in his ear and ask him how bad he wants to win. You can say what you want about the blocking up front in the Minnesota game, Schaub packed it in. He played like a .
It's psychological- he's never played in the playoffs and fears that would happen 2 yrs in a row. That's why you see NO qb sneaks. I have no doubt that he will pick it up in the last game and play inspired in the post season.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read