Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

View Poll Results: What do you think he's worth?
Top 10 0 0%
Top 15 1 12.50%
Top 20 1 12.50%
Top 25 0 0%
Low first round 2 25.00%
Top third in second 3 37.50%
Second third in second round (mid second round) 1 12.50%
Low second 0 0%
Lower 0 0%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-23-2012   #1
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Cordarelle Patterson

Where would you draft him?
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012   #2
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 128525 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Cordarelle Patterson

As I think he could be and AJ type eventually, I'd be okay with him in first. He is an upper 2nd half on my board now & if Texans thought a WR2 was need (and I don't think they do), I'd go get him or better, work a trade down to pick him up. Someone recently IIRC rmartin65 said that there were several good WRs this draft but no outstanding ones. Just means we have to draft wisely. I don't know who was calling plays but imo today's game against Minn we seemed to be focused on the short routes. Schaub looked out of sort (again) but that is not your thread.
Old 12-23-2012   #3
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

I said top 2nd because I hope the Texans have a chance to draft him!!!
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012   #4
aussie_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21345 aussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

i think he'll be drafted in the middle of the 2nd but is worth a high 2nd
aussie_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012   #5
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72184 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

He's a top 15 guy IMHO.

After scoring 2 TD's in the last 12 qtrs adding a weapon like Patterson and fixing the OL in the draft should be job #1.

If I was in Garys shoes, I would probably try to trade into the top 20 using my 2nd, 3rd, 5th rd picks and take the top OL on the board. Then use my 30-32 pick to add a weapon like Patterson. If he fell for some reason.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012   #6
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

I've changed my mind about adding another top wr. I've not seen anything that would lead me to believe we'd take advantage of this added weaponry.

I think we'd draft a wr high and then they'd be underused.

Waste of a pick until you get a better qb that can extend plays IMO.

As long as we have schaub we need to work on defense and oline...and offensive playcalling...can you draft that?
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012   #7
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
I've changed my mind about adding another top wr. I've not seen anything that would lead me to believe we'd take advantage of this added weaponry.

I think we'd draft a wr high and then they'd be underused.

Waste of a pick until you get a better qb that can extend plays IMO.

As long as we have schaub we need to work on defense and oline...and offensive playcalling...can you draft that?
I don't mean that the Texans need to draft a receiver.
You can look at it as a mock draft fantasy thing.

But of course, others may want to draft a replacement to groom after AJ.

Personally, I still don't know what approach I'd like for the Texans to take.
Sponsored links
Old 12-23-2012   #8
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Patterson is definitely a dynamic player and a playmaker; he just doesn't have the same awesome factor of the top tier player.

He could turn out to be a decent to borderline no. 1, IMO.

Or he could be just a very good number 2.

The way the votes are split seem to point that way, as there are no concensus.

If I was to put up a draft board, I definitely have to consider him quite highly; however, since receiver is only one of many positions, I will have to wait to weigh how good the other guys are as far as BPA.

At the moment, I see low first-early second; which isn't too far off the general votes.
Old 12-24-2012   #9
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 128525 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
He's a top 15 guy IMHO.

After scoring 2 TD's in the last 12 qtrs adding a weapon like Patterson and fixing the OL in the draft should be job #1.

If I was in Garys shoes, I would probably try to trade into the top 20 using my 2nd, 3rd, 5th rd picks and take the top OL on the board. Then use my 30-32 pick to add a weapon like Patterson. If he fell for some reason.
Cool and down with that. Now what do you do for ILB, NT and OLB? In my mock I could get ILB Andrew Jackson in third and Brandon Williams could be better than I think in 4th. What about you?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read