Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-25-2012   #41
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: texans have to face the starters..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddict5 View Post
the history of houston pro football means nothing in relation to this team... nada... just like it meant nothing to last yrs team who came thru and played excellent ball in the playoffs.

im skeptical of this team also after the last few weeks. the only thing keepin my hopes someway up is that last yrs team lost some late season games to bad teams (panthers & colts), while playing crap before balling out in the playoffs
Your previous post was spot-on.

And it means we're screwed because this year's team is NOT the same caliber of team we had last year. Not nearly as many injuries, but the chemistry is way off.

Honestly, I think Kubiak needs to bench Schaub and give him some time to think about things. He looks erratic, confused, and basically unable to lead the team from one possession to the next.

I think the two OT games drained him, IMO. He hasn't looked the same since those two games. A fresh QB, even if it doesn't go well for us...I think it still gives Matt time to stand on the sideline and watch. Watching causes a guy to think, which something Schaub does not appear to be doing (thinking, that is).
Old 12-25-2012   #42
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 269060 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

The Colts have nothing to really lose with another loss to the Texans. They will play the Ravens either way in the Wild Card game. They can gain "momentum" and confidence going into the playoffs with a win........knowing that they were a "spoiler," forcing the Texans out of the Bye and #1 seed. They will be fighting with all they have for this reason and for their returning coach. On the other hand, if we lose, there will be no positive redeeming points to be gained......except for those that insist in continuing to polish the turd.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012   #43
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 38175 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Your previous post was spot-on.

And it means we're screwed because this year's team is NOT the same caliber of team we had last year. Not nearly as many injuries, but the chemistry is way off.

Honestly, I think Kubiak needs to bench Schaub and give him some time to think about things. He looks erratic, confused, and basically unable to lead the team from one possession to the next.

I think the two OT games drained him, IMO. He hasn't looked the same since those two games. A fresh QB, even if it doesn't go well for us...I think it still gives Matt time to stand on the sideline and watch. Watching causes a guy to think, which something Schaub does not appear to be doing (thinking, that is).
Those overtimes drained the whole team.
Old 12-26-2012   #44
Chance_C
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4104 Chance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
And that is what has gotten me pissed the most as of late. Kubiak quits, and the team sees he quits, the fans sees he quit. Not the best way to instill confidence is your team and city.

BTW i ****ing hate quitters for what its worth. It just shows his lack of imagination.
Exactly the way I see it
Old 12-26-2012   #45
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 406301 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddict5 View Post
the history of houston pro football means nothing in relation to this team... nada... just
I agree completely.

Unfortunately, the way they lost to the Vikings is causing traumatic flashbacks with close similarities to previous Houston teams.

Houston football fans may be the worst fans in the history of the universe according to some, but one thing we are collectively good at should not be questioned: identifying chokes. The brain-trust of this city is an expert on that subject.
Old 12-26-2012   #46
BullBlitz
Section 331

Rep Power: 5860 BullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respected

I think that the Colts should play their starters simply to keep them sharp.
BullBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012   #47
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 326894 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullBlitz View Post
I think that the Colts should play their starters simply to keep them sharp.
We were playing like crap 2 weeks ago & at no time were we in any danger of losing the game to you guys. The Colts are the worse 10-5 team in the history of 10-5.

Yeah, I know our 12-3 is a weak 12-3. But we're in another league all together from your Colts.

I guarantee y'all will give us the ball..... by way of turnover at least 2 times & it won't be a one score game at any time during the 4th.
Old 12-27-2012   #48
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 293364 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf123 View Post
Bad judge of talent? Kubiak and Smith have turned us into one of the top teams in the nfl after being the laughing stock. Your upset that were 12-3? Yes, right now were not looking very good, but lets wait till the end of the season before we fire everyone and jump off the cliff...
Naaah... let 'em jump off the cliff now. It was getting too crowded on the bandwagon anyway. We can hold up on that "fire everyone" thing since "everyone" includes Wade.
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012   #49
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 13945 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

I hope we face all the starters. I hope all the injured Colts get healed up this week and we see their A game for 60 full minutes. I don't want any excuses for how we managed to sweep the AFC South this year.

This is our division now. Come and take it.

Last edited by TexansLucky13; 12-28-2012 at 01:06 AM.
TexansLucky13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012   #50
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 37218 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected

Has anyone thought about the fact that if the colts lose...they would play the texans again in the second round if they beat the ravens. They would force the texans to beat them three times in a row..no easy task for the texans...and if they win...they would have to face the broncos in mile high against peyton. i was a colts fan i prefer scenario #1 over scenario #2 anyday of the week.
stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012   #51
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26865 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

No, not the starters....

I think watt you meant to say was, the colts have to face the starters:
Old 12-28-2012   #52
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 181446 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Got this off facebook...

I hope there's some truth in those words.
Old 12-28-2012   #53
coltfan123
Veteran

Rep Power: 2845 coltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
Got this off facebook...

I hope there's some truth in those words.
ive heard that before..
coltfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012   #54
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17600 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingray View Post
Has anyone thought about the fact that if the colts lose...they would play the texans again in the second round if they beat the ravens. They would force the texans to beat them three times in a row..no easy task for the texans...and if they win...they would have to face the broncos in mile high against peyton. i was a colts fan i prefer scenario #1 over scenario #2 anyday of the week.
Balty will blow the colts out watch
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012   #55
coltfan123
Veteran

Rep Power: 2845 coltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
Balty will blow the colts out watch
texans this year seem to play better on the road most the losses come from home...so losing 1st seed wouldnt be that...i think the bye week would kill momentum
Old 12-28-2012   #56
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 13945 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by coltfan123 View Post
texans this year seem to play better on the road most the losses come from home...so losing 1st seed wouldnt be that...i think the bye week would kill momentum
If we do take the 1st seed I am not as worried about the divisional round.

#4 Ravens - We crushed them earlier this season and their team has not improved. They are a motivated bunch, however.

#5 Colts - We would be playing you guys a third time, having not lost to you. Same result most likely.

#6 Bengals - We beat them twice last year and the teams haven't changed that much. I like that match-up.

Also, the Broncos and Patriots would have to face each other in the divisional round if the Patriots make it past the Bengals (likely). That's great news for us.... one less HOF QB to contend with on the way to NOLA

However, if we drop to 3rd with a loss and a Pats/Broncos victory, it gets much tougher. The wildcard would be against the Bengals which I wouldn't worry so much about. However, we would be @Patriots for the divisional. Our chances are pretty slim there. Even if we won that game, we would likely have to face the Broncos @Denver in the championship round. Rough.
Old 12-28-2012   #57
coltfan123
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansLucky13 View Post
If we do take the 1st seed I am not as worried about the divisional round.

#4 Ravens - We crushed them earlier this season and their team has not improved. They are a motivated bunch, however.

#5 Colts - We would be playing you guys a third time, having not lost to you. Same result most likely.

#6 Bengals - We beat them twice last year and the teams haven't changed that much. I like that match-up.

Also, the Broncos and Patriots would have to face each other in the divisional round if the Patriots make it past the Bengals (likely). That's great news for us.... one less HOF QB to contend with on the way to NOLA

However, if we drop to 3rd with a loss and a Pats/Broncos victory, it gets much tougher. The wildcard would be against the Bengals which I wouldn't worry so much about. However, we would be @Patriots for the divisional. Our chances are pretty slim there. Even if we won that game, we would likely have to face the Broncos @Denver in the championship round. Rough.
if the texans cant beat the colts who have nothign to play for it dont matter...
Old 12-28-2012   #58
Ghostform
Veteran

Rep Power: 7330 Ghostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respected

At this point im worried about playing any playoff caliber team in the NFL. How many of you thought we were going to beat the Vikes at home? Im sure everyone thought we would and we flopped. I am not writing the Texas off as a one and done yet, ill save that judgement til after the Colts game. If we dont go and play inspired football then we deserve what we get. This team needs to sense the urgency that we need this win and not only for the first seed but to get the damn ball rolling for some momentum come playoff time.
Ghostform is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012   #59
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Quote:
if the texans cant beat the colts who have nothign to play for it dont matter...
True. Don't spoil my fun though, I like looking at all these scenarios
Old 12-28-2012   #60
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 318355 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yep. This is 100% correct. I expect this to be a tough game. I think both teams for different reasons will really be up for this one. We'll see.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read