Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-24-2012   #1
coltfan123
Veteran

Rep Power: 2844 coltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default texans have to face the starters..

was checking out colts forums and ran into this thread...the texans wont have it easy.. the coach said they will play to win

http://forums.colts.com/index.php?/t...gainst-texans/
coltfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012   #2
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 14086 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan
Default Re: texans have to face the starters..

Quote:
Originally Posted by coltfan123 View Post
was checking out colts forums and ran into this thread...the texans wont have it easy.. the coach said they will play to win

http://forums.colts.com/index.php?/t...gainst-texans/

If we can't beat the Colts straight up anywhere, we don't deserve to be the #1 seed. No offense to them or anything, just the way I feel about it. I hope they do play their starters.
Old 12-24-2012   #3
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 87155 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

I knew they would play the starters, only the texans would play back ups and let a team grab the #1 seed if we were in their shoes.
Old 12-24-2012   #4
CretorFrigg
Fire Rick Smith

Rep Power: 31892 CretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
I knew they would play the starters, only the texans would play back ups and let a team grab the #1 seed if we were in their shoes.
Only the Texans would take out their starters in the 4th quarter after being blown out. I was watching the 49ers/Seahawks game last night, and the 49ers played their starters until the very end.

Back on topic...I expect the Colts to play their starters. If we don't beat the Colts, we don't deserve home-field advantage.
Old 12-24-2012   #5
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 99659 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

I think the colts made a great story this year. And I will probably eat crow, but no way we lose to them. Colts are an enigma to me. I have no idea how they have won the games that they have.
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012   #6
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Rep Power: 87155 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CretorFrigg View Post
Only the Texans would take out their starters in the 4th quarter after being blown out. I was watching the 49ers/Seahawks game last night, and the 49ers played their starters until the very end.
Back on topic...I expect the Colts to play their starters. If we don't beat the Colts, we don't deserve home-field advantage.
And that is what has gotten me pissed the most as of late. Kubiak quits, and the team sees he quits, the fans sees he quit. Not the best way to instill confidence is your team and city.

BTW i ****ing hate quitters for what its worth. It just shows his lack of imagination.
Old 12-24-2012   #7
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

they always say that but come the end of the third when the score is outta reach and players get injured they will be singing a defferent tune
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-24-2012   #8
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
they always say that but come the end of the third when the score is outta reach and players get injured they will be singing a defferent tune
Kinda worried their "coach" is coming back. You know they will play hard for him. Hell we couldnt play hard enough to lock up homefield against the vikings at home, i dont know where the texans plan to get their "motivation" from this week.
Old 12-24-2012   #9
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56462 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

And if any of our players got hurt, you'd all be complaining that they were left in for no reason.

I didn't expect the Colts to pull their starters. As well they shouldn't. Frankly, I'm glad. Their OL is not very good and Watt had a field day against them. If he can have even half the day he had last week, it will help us out immensely.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012   #10
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
And if any of our players got hurt, you'd all be complaining that they were left in for no reason.

I didn't expect the Colts to pull their starters. As well they shouldn't. Frankly, I'm glad. Their OL is not very good and Watt had a field day against them. If he can have even half the day he had last week, it will help us out immensely.
No if u can stop a team from getting the #1 seed then i think you play your guys and do whatever possible to make that other teams playoffs a lot harder. Especially since we are division foes.
Old 12-24-2012   #11
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 95576 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
No if u can stop a team from getting the #1 seed then i think you play your guys and do whatever possible to make that other teams playoffs a lot harder. Especially since we are division foes.
Before the game that is a great attitude and if it goes well then everything is rainbows and lollipops. If Luck snaps an MCL then you are the biggest moron ever for having him play a meaningless game.
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012   #12
devo-x
Veteran

Rep Power: 269 devo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to devo-x

Texans motivation to win next week should have come from the disappointing outcome last week against the Vikings. I hope they come determined to end the season with a win (and sweep the division in the process)
Adopt-A-Texan 2009: Kevin Walter and Owen Daniels
devo-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012   #13
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-TEX View Post
Before the game that is a great attitude and if it goes well then everything is rainbows and lollipops. If Luck snaps an MCL then you are the biggest moron ever for having him play a meaningless game.
To me it just dont seem meaningless. I could be wrong but they know how much it will hurt our play off chances if we dont get home field advantage.

Regardless the way we have been playing their second string would prob whip our first strings ass.
Old 12-24-2012   #14
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 265614 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Colts have to face the starters.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012   #15
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Colts have to face the starters.
and i bet they are so so so scared
Old 12-24-2012   #16
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 16683 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

Get a lead somehow in the 1st half, they'll sit em.
Old 12-24-2012   #17
coltfan123
Veteran

Rep Power: 2844 coltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
if texans bring there a game colts have no chance but if they come out unmotivated..it could end badly
coltfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012   #18
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 39273 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by coltfan123 View Post
if texans bring there a game colts have no chance but if they come out unmotivated..it could end badly
Houston better not come out unmotivated. They should treat this as a playoff game. Try as hard as they can to win it so they won't have to face the Bengals in the Wild-Card and then travel to New England in the divisional round.

I definitely know I would rather Houston get a bye and wait for the Ravens in Houston...
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012   #19
cdollaz
Veteran

Rep Power: 3119 cdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respected

If I weren't a Texans fan, I would totally be pulling for the Colts to punk them, after their pathetic display against the Vikings.
cdollaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012   #20
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 223945 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm glad the Colts are playing their starters. If the Texans can't show who's boss in the AFC south, then they won't go far in the playoffs anyway.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read