Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-24-2012   #1
srrono
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21340 srrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respected
Default What would be Schaub's trade value?

I like everyone else am hoping the Texans get it together and win a superbowl or at least make a strong run. If not QB may be where change is needed.
I heard a caller on the radio speak on this today.
OAK paid two #1 picks for Palmer. (very high)
What is the value of Schaub? #1? 2 #2's? a #2 & #3?
If the Texans could trade him for maybe a #1 or two #2 picks then turn around and sign Alex Smith in the off season would you do it?
I see Alex Smith fitting the HOU system. Smith is 3 years younger at 28 also has more mobility.
Smith Signed a three-year, $24 million contract. Talking heads say he will be cut in off season. Smith would cost about half the price as Schaub.
Schuab Signed a five-year, $66.15 million contract.
NFL QB landscape
I am not sure what teams could be interested in Schaub maybe:
ARZ
KC
JAG
OAK
CLE
BUF
NYJ

With the extra cap savings and draft pick or picks this would help fill other positions of need on the team.
srrono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012   #2
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 387845 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: What would be Schaub's trade value?

Alex Smith?
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012   #3
CretorFrigg
Fire Rick Smith

Rep Power: 35618 CretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respected

Russell Wilson + (a) draft pick(s). I'd take that in a heartbeat.
Old 12-24-2012   #4
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CretorFrigg View Post
Russell Wilson + (a) draft pick(s). I'd take that in a heartbeat.
They wouldn't do that straight up let alone with picks.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012   #5
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 127721 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

I think as hard as it is to find a good starter in this league we could get a #1 draft pick for him easily. Think of all the teams who have been searching countless years for a good to decent QB. People can say what they want but it could get a whole lot worse than schaub.

How many QBs did the bears,lions,49ers,titans,cardinals,cowboys,bengals , and the list goes on and on,,,before they found a quality Starter, and thats even if they have found one.

Take it for what its worth but i know what i get with Schaub a guy who can lead us to victories with help from the team. He is not a guy who can carry the team on his back. BUT i dont know what we will get from the next guy who takes his place, things could be worse is all i'm saying. Be careful what you wish for
Old 12-24-2012   #6
srrono
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21340 srrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
I think as hard as it is to find a good starter in this league we could get a #1 draft pick for him easily. Think of all the teams who have been searching countless years for a good to decent QB. People can say what they want but it could get a whole lot worse than schaub.

How many QBs did the bears,lions,49ers,titans,cardinals,cowboys,bengals , and the list goes on and on,,,before they found a quality Starter, and thats even if they have found one.

Take it for what its worth but i know what i get with Schaub a guy who can lead us to victories with help from the team. He is not a guy who can carry the team on his back. BUT i dont know what we will get from the next guy who takes his place, things could be worse is all i'm saying. Be careful what you wish for
i hear you and I aint wishing for it.
srrono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012   #7
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 30799 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

A #1 AND a #2 AND lot's and lot's and lots of CASH. LOTS.

Look, folks, I'm just as frustrated at yesterday's loss as the next person. I have my concerns, and think the playoffs might get ugly for us, but, the panic in the streets is getting a bit ridiculus.
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-24-2012   #8
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222742 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Alex Smith?
You know , Smith and Schaub have a lot in common .... but I think that Smith has some tools that Schaub doesnt - Mobility and a little bigger arm.

I'd probably be OK with moving Schaub for a pick or two and bringing in Smith ....

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012   #9
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 24956 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

A 7th rd pick, no really. Old and no arm strength
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012   #10
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 24956 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Gotta figure in his contract also
Old 12-24-2012   #11
wolf123
All Pro

Rep Power: 2802 wolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respected

He has next to no Trade value... He's a solid QB but no where near elite.
wolf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012   #12
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf123 View Post
Agree, pipe dream to trade him
Old 12-25-2012   #13
gafftop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9350 gafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATXtexanfan View Post
A 7th rd pick, no really. Old and no arm strength
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf123 View Post
No way we ever trade Schaub. Maybe let go but no trade. Hell we didn't even trade Mario when he would have had real value or it could have meant we could have saved some of the players we had to let go last year and the FO knew there was no way we could resign him.
Still pretty pissed of about that mistake.

Quotes above pretty close to his value.
gafftop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012   #14
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

I think the only reason he has no trade value is that anyone wanting him would know that the Texans wouldn't part with him unless they were absolutely certain they had their new guy in place. That would mean a failed attempt to trade would be followed by his release (cap ramifications permitting, a lot depends on when this hypothetical event happens) so why trade for someone you can sign once he's available?

He's not so good that people will be trying to jump ahead of one another to get him. Nobody's forming a line to trade for the sloth.
Old 12-25-2012   #15
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 52823 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected

I made a joke to my friend who is a Buffalo fan a few weeks ago. The joke was that some team will be dumb enough to trade a 2nd or 3rd round pick for Alex Smith and the team dumb enough to do that would be the Bills.

Then I come to my own home board and see people who are advocating trading for Alex ****ing Smith. Alex Smith was benched for a reason, the guy sucks. People keep saying he's mobile? No, he's not mobile. He had one run in a playoff game that everybody remembers. Harbaugh made Smith look like a winner and now he is sending him packing as soon as he had Kaepernick ready.

Schaub has no trade value, this whole thread is nulll in void.
Old 12-25-2012   #16
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 117377 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc_txtech View Post
I made a joke to my friend who is a Buffalo fan a few weeks ago. The joke was that some team will be dumb enough to trade a 2nd or 3rd round pick for Alex Smith and the team dumb enough to do that would be the Bills.

Then I come to my own home board and see people who are advocating trading for Alex ****ing Smith. Alex Smith was benched for a reason, the guy sucks. People keep saying he's mobile? No, he's not mobile. He had one run in a playoff game that everybody remembers. Harbaugh made Smith look like a winner and now he is sending him packing as soon as he had Kaepernick ready.

Schaub has no trade value, this whole thread is nulll in void.
no he wasn't! He got injured and Kolin played well. And one run in any game is more than you will ever get from Schaub at this point.
Old 12-25-2012   #17
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 147070 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

We're stuck with him for at least one more season. It just kills me how he wilts and retreats in the face of pressure. Maybe he's not as bad as he showed vs the vikes but it was really bad and the oline played like garbage too. I do hope that smith and kubiak take a serious look at Alex smith or someone else for the future because I'm now starting to believe that schaub is not the qb for the long run.
Old 12-25-2012   #18
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 52823 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
I think the only reason he has no trade value is that anyone wanting him would know that the Texans wouldn't part with him unless they were absolutely certain they had their new guy in place. That would mean a failed attempt to trade would be followed by his release (cap ramifications permitting, a lot depends on when this hypothetical event happens) so why trade for someone you can sign once he's available?

He's not so good that people will be trying to jump ahead of one another to get him. Nobody's forming a line to trade for the sloth.
The only reason he has no trade value is that he signed a 5 year 66 million dollar contract 3 months ago. Dutchrudder could probably spell it out better but to me that means he's not going anywhere.

Matt has us at 12-3. Not one single drop of sweat has dripped from my balls.
Old 12-25-2012   #19
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
no he wasn't! He got injured and Kolin played well. And one run in any game is more than you will ever get from Schaub at this point.
So *Colin Kaepernick came in and played well and Smith was benched for that reason.

Is that not Smith being benched for a reason?
Old 12-25-2012   #20
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 37218 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected

Sometimes i wonder if people actually sit down and watch other nfl games. I mean, really watch them. Alex Smith? Really?
stingray is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read