Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: What do we need the most ?
Left Tackle 44 33.85%
Tight End - that can block and catch 45 34.62%
Center 17 13.08%
Defensive Lineman 2 1.54%
Strong Safety 2 1.54%
#2 WR 6 4.62%
another Pass Rushing Linebacker - (Capers' vote) 3 2.31%
Offensive Co-ordinator - that knows blocking 11 8.46%
Voters: 130. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-22-2005   #41
mmontgo
Rookie

Franchise LT first...this would add 50-75 yards per game in total offense and account for 3-5 more TDs over the season, which would add one - two more wins for certain.

Another WR option for Carr whether #2 received or TE who can catch...either would work, though I would love to have a premier tight end to runs dunks to.

Next, Premier Safety.
mmontgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005   #42
sakebomb
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1859 sakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respected

I need about three or four votes for this question.
sakebomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005   #43
throwANDREtheBALL
Veteran

Send a message via MSN to throwANDREtheBALL

The question is what do we need the MOST ?

Not, what do we need?

cuz, I know that we need a lot.....but, I was trying to clear it up for the Front Office, so they don't get confused and sign another linebacker, instead of Bubba Franks or an O-lineman that can play C or LT.
throwANDREtheBALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005   #44
Big B Texan Fan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Big B Texan Fan has been demoted to the practice squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by throwANDREtheBALL
The question is what do we need the MOST ?

Not, what do we need?

cuz, I know that we need a lot.....but, I was trying to clear it up for the Front Office, so they don't get confused and sign another linebacker, instead of Bubba Franks or an O-lineman that can play C or LT.
Is Franks really available. If so, why are we not pursuing?
Old 06-23-2005   #45
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 329529 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big B Texan Fan
Is Franks really available. If so, why are we not pursuing?
Technically yes, but realistically no. The Packers have transition tagged him which means they have a right to match but do not get any compensation if they choose not to do so. Nonetheless, Franks has made it pretty plain in interviews and by action that he wants to play for the Packers and is not really entertaining offers until such time as he concludes he can't work something out with the Packers.
Old 06-23-2005   #46
throwANDREtheBALL
Veteran

Send a message via MSN to throwANDREtheBALL

Money Talks...........If the Texans offer him a good deal, do you really think that he's going to say, "No thanks, I'm going to wait until the Packers offer me something lesser"

?

I don't think so, but, maybe.

And the Packers are reportedly cash-strapped......so if Tight End was a concern with Casserly and Company, don't you think that they would've already offered Franks a deal ?
throwANDREtheBALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005   #47
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 329529 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by throwANDREtheBALL
Money Talks...........If the Texans offer him a good deal, do you really think that he's going to say, "No thanks, I'm going to wait until the Packers offer me something lesser"
So basically go throw so much money at him, i.e. above market price, that he can't say no to. Great way to manage the cap.
Old 06-23-2005   #48
Big B Texan Fan
Hall of Fame

Ya know, I'm recalling Casserly saying that we weren't gonna be BIG movers and shakers in free agency this year. Although Franks isn't technically a FA I'm sure it falls under the same category. Greenwood and P-Buc so far, that's probably it. I read an article on the CBA and maybe the Texans are waiting for a new CBA B-4 they move on anyone else.
Old 06-23-2005   #49
Big B Texan Fan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak
Technically yes, but realistically no. The Packers have transition tagged him which means they have a right to match but do not get any compensation if they choose not to do so. Nonetheless, Franks has made it pretty plain in interviews and by action that he wants to play for the Packers and is not really entertaining offers until such time as he concludes he can't work something out with the Packers.
Thanx
Old 06-23-2005   #50
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Damage control? We are coming off a solid season where we made huge improvements across the board and are ready to compete for the playoffs this year. It is amazing you chicken littles can't see it.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005   #51
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 51315 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

What we need is for the earth to open and swollow indi
TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005   #52
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Frankly, I enjoy the fact we have a powerful team in our division. I've enjoyed watching a team being built to compete with them from scratch as an infant. Seems like most of you guys would rather not see the build...but only want the end result...right now.

Old 06-23-2005   #53
geofb
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
We are coming off a solid season where we made huge improvements across the board and are ready to compete for the playoffs this year.
If compete means we won't be mathematically eliminated until 2-3 games left in the season, then maybe. But, being realistic, we have no real shot at the playoffs this year.
geofb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005   #54
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Absolutely amazing. Are our fans THAT out of touch? We do have a shot at the playoffs. The Browns were 7-9 in 2002 and went to the playoffs in 2003 (we are a better them than the 2003 Browns). Last year the Steelers went 15-1 after a 6-10 year. Seems our fans don't grasp this kind of stuff.

Old 06-23-2005   #55
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 73433 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

I guess people learn nothing from teams like San Diego, Tampa Bay, and even New England.

San Diego screams into the playoffs a year after running a 4-12 season.

Teams can turn it around just like that.

There is more factors to making the playoffs than who we didnt sign.
Blake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005   #56
Vinny
shiny happy fan

We may sit around .500 for a couple of years (including last year) but to say we have no shot at the playoffs is just ridiculous. We have as good a shot as any team outside of 4-5 elite teams.

Old 06-23-2005   #57
Diehardtexan
Veteran

Quote:
Absolutely amazing. Are our fans THAT out of touch? We do have a shot at the playoffs. The Browns were 7-9 in 2002 and went to the playoffs in 2003 (we are a better them than the 2003 Browns). Last year the Steelers went 15-1 after a 6-10 year. Seems our fans don't grasp this kind of stuff.
I think this year's team is the best team we have so far, last year was a new year for our team with the blocking scheme and new OL ( three new starters and two cahnged positions. The DL was banged up and too many new defensive starters and changed positions every where. This is the year that they will get it together and gel on both sides. The playoffs aren't that far from reality, give it time people.:brickwall
Diehardtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005   #58
geofb
Veteran

Quote:
We may sit around .500 for a couple of years (including last year) but to say we have no shot at the playoffs is just ridiculous. We have as good a shot as any team outside of 4-5 elite teams.
We'll see who eats crow in December. To make the playoffs we will need to finish ahead of either the Colts or Jags (as well as not fall behind the Titans). Very unlikely that happens. There are valid reasons why the oddsmakers show us only winning 7 or 8 games this year. We certainly aren't among the elite teams in the AFC in 2005. To say we are is just homerism.
geofb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005   #59
Vinny
shiny happy fan

If you read what I typed I never mentioned we were an elite team. My post wasn't easy to misunderstand either.

Old 06-23-2005   #60
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 51315 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Vinny-Geofb dont make me put the two of you into time out.

Now I can understand Geofb saying that we wont finish ahead of the colts but to say that the f@guars will finish ahead of the Texans is silly.

And to use what others say about the Texans and how we will only win 8-7 games keep this in mind. Sitting in front of the T.V. I actually heard paid pro football comintators, predict, the Titans(4-12?) to go to the superbowl. Despite the fact they lost half the team. Why? Because the year before McNair was co-MVP and they went to the playoffs. Of course commintators are going to say negative things about the Texans until the Texans show them somthing. And for some fans in this town (and this is not a negative) are the same way. Show me somthing.

So what the Texans need more than anything? For them to show us somthing.
TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read