Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 04-26-2013   #1
srrono
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21340 srrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respected
Default I did a Mock up to HOU pick 2nd round

I am hoping there is a run of QBs-RBs-WRs early in 2nd round to push some deffensive talent down to HOU at 25. This quick mock does not reflect a run of offense positions.

JAG QB Geno Smith
49 WR Justin Hunter
PHI S Jonathan Cyprien
DET OT Menelik Watson
CIN RB Eddie Lacy
ARZ QB Matt Barkley
NYJ RB Johnathan Franklin
TEN DE Margus Hunt
BUF WR Robert Woods
QAK DE Cornellius Carradine
BUC TE Zach Ertz
CAR OT Terron Armstead
SD CB Johnthan Banks
BUF LB Arthur Brown
DAL WR Keenan Allen
PIT DT Jesse Williams
NYG DT Johnathan Hankins
CHI LB Manti Te'o
WAS OG Larry Warford
NE S D.J. Swearinger
CIN CB Tyrann Mathieu
MIA TE Vance McDonald
GB LB Kevin Minter
SEA S Phillip Thomas
HOU K.Short
srrono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013   #2
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27155 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: I did a Mock up to HOU pick 2nd round

I'm thinking a run on QB, RB, and WR is very possible thus hopefully leaving some high quality defensive talent for us at #57. I'm hopeing for Jamie Collins, Kawann Short, Jesse Williams, Johnathan Hankins, or David Amerson. Jonathan Banks would really be nice as well but I think he's gone by the time we pick.

I can see the Texans taking another WR as well, but not in the 2nd. Most likely the 4th-6th.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013   #3
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

This might not be a popular opinion, but if it were to play out like that I'd take Da'Rick Rogers all day every day over Short.

I like Short, but I think Rogers is a straight beast.

Or trade up a few spots for DJ swearinger.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013   #4
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 309459 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Pretty good mock, matched players-teams well.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013   #5
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 101211 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
This might not be a popular opinion, but if it were to play out like that I'd take Da'Rick Rogers all day every day over Short.

I like Short, but I think Rogers is a straight beast.

Or trade up a few spots for DJ swearinger.
You know how I feel about Short but we could really set ourselves up at the WR position for years. Dobson, Rodgers, Woods or Patton would give our offense serious fire power. I really really like the two top TE's that are still available. Kelce and Ertz. I know our TE's are good but neither Graham or OD compare to these guys.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read