Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-23-2012   #1
tedr
Veteran

Rep Power: 3444 tedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Does anyone have a clue about next week?

I'll admit I don't. I have absolutely no idea how they'll play...they could dominate and get HFA...or they could repeat this week and go in as the third seed. Guess I'll just continue to try to enjoy the best season we've ever had. It'd be a lot easier though if we were playing better.
tedr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012   #2
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31704 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Does anyone have a clue about next week?

I doubt if they dominate. This team in my opinion is overated. They might squeak out a win because I think the the colts really have nothing to play for. Their playoff seeding looks to be locked at the 5th spot. The texans have just looked flat the second half of the season. They struggle against the bad teams and get blown out against the good teams.
stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012   #3
Premier
All Pro

Rep Power: 10262 Premier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respected

a win is more important to us, the colts have already clinched and will start th eplayoffs on the road. i would think they might use the week to rest..
Old 12-23-2012   #4
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Three weeks ago I predicted a split with Indy and a loss to minny.

I'll stick with that.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012   #5
hradhak
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 6498 hradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respected

This team will go s the offense goes. Our offense has been on the skid for 3 weeks. 1 td in 8 qtrs is atrocious. We sound like the jets

the o line needs to step it up for this game. Even duane brown is looking off

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2
hradhak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012   #6
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 97370 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

We will beat Indy
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012   #7
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 14086 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

The Colts have nothing to gain from playing their starters next week. So we should win, but with the way we played today i don't think we can even beat their backups. The Colts are locked into the 5 seed no matter what now.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcsouth/pos...othing-to-lose
Old 12-23-2012   #8
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

All I know is that Gary Kubiak and Matt Schaub will be on our side... So anything is possible.
Old 12-23-2012   #9
TexansRule1
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 TexansRule1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansRule1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansRule1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansRule1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansRule1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansRule1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansRule1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansRule1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansRule1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansRule1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansRule1 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
The Colts have nothing to gain from playing their starters next week. So we should win, but with the way we played today i don't think we can even beat their backups. The Colts are locked into the 5 seed no matter what now.
I'll take it a step further. The Colts don't want to win. If they lose, they get to play the Texans in the 2nd round and not the Broncos.
TexansRule1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012   #10
msbbc833
Veteran

Rep Power: 577 msbbc833 is a quality contributor and well respectedmsbbc833 is a quality contributor and well respectedmsbbc833 is a quality contributor and well respectedmsbbc833 is a quality contributor and well respectedmsbbc833 is a quality contributor and well respectedmsbbc833 is a quality contributor and well respectedmsbbc833 is a quality contributor and well respectedmsbbc833 is a quality contributor and well respectedmsbbc833 is a quality contributor and well respectedmsbbc833 is a quality contributor and well respectedmsbbc833 is a quality contributor and well respected

Stumbled into the playoffs last year. Same this year.
msbbc833 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012   #11
cdollaz
Veteran

Rep Power: 3119 cdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedr View Post
I'll admit I don't. I have absolutely no idea how they'll play...they could dominate and get HFA...or they could repeat this week and go in as the third seed. Guess I'll just continue to try to enjoy the best season we've ever had. It'd be a lot easier though if we were playing better.
Unless they get to the AFC Championship Game, this isn't the best season we have ever had.
cdollaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012   #12
coltfan123
Veteran

Rep Power: 2844 coltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respected

why do you think colts wont try? they have alot to play for im sure they would love to knock there rivals off first seed. And im pretty sure the way texans are playing they would rather face them in wild card then the broncos. i was rooting for texans but two field goals on offense and over 10 penaltys at key moments..but kudos to the defense who made peterson look average.. if the texans offense and defense can ever play a complete game they could win the super bowl... but i beleive neither the colts or texans making it far this year..
coltfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012   #13
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 39273 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by coltfan123 View Post
why do you think colts wont try? they have alot to play for im sure they would love to knock there rivals off first seed. And im pretty sure the way texans are playing they would rather face them in wild card then the broncos. i was rooting for texans but two field goals on offense and over 10 penaltys at key moments..but kudos to the defense who made peterson look average.. if the texans offense and defense can ever play a complete game they could win the super bowl... but i beleive neither the colts or texans making it far this year..
The Colts are locked into the #5 seed. Nothing can change their seeding. Houston is fighting for the #1 seed and Home Field Advantage. I'm not saying Indianapolis won't try but one team actually has something to play for next week while the other can rest their starters.
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012   #14
coltfan123
Veteran

Rep Power: 2844 coltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTexan View Post
The Colts are locked into the #5 seed. Nothing can change their seeding. Houston is fighting for the #1 seed and Home Field Advantage. I'm not saying Indianapolis won't try but one team actually has something to play for next week while the other can rest their starters.
untill coaches say they resting there starters i really doubt they will rest starters since next week is first week joe will be coaching and he would want nothing more then a win..
Old 12-23-2012   #15
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 39273 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by coltfan123 View Post
untill coaches say they resting there starters i really doubt they will rest starters since next week is first week joe will be coaching and he would want nothing more then a win..
And that's awesome but they don't need the win. No matter the outcome they will be playing in Baltimore for the Wild-Card round. They might as well rest some starters next week like Houston did last year against Tennessee.
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012   #16
mariowillshine15
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2511 mariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respected

The Colts coach is coming back. Teams always play great when they have some type of adversity. And they're at home so it should be a crazy crowd.

If we play like we can we'll win but only if the offense remembers how to score.
mariowillshine15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012   #17
coltfan123
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTexan View Post
And that's awesome but they don't need the win. No matter the outcome they will be playing in Baltimore for the Wild-Card round. They might as well rest some starters next week like Houston did last year against Tennessee.
They should but you never know with devisional games..it would be awesome for texans to win and id like to see them do good but if they play like they played last few weeks. I mean even the dolphins are playing better...whatever is causing this slump they better fix..for once it wasnt the coaching staff kubiak played good plays players didnt excute..and wade made peterson look avearage i was impressed with the defense.
Old 12-23-2012   #18
GRONKED
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 GRONKED is a quality contributor and well respectedGRONKED is a quality contributor and well respectedGRONKED is a quality contributor and well respectedGRONKED is a quality contributor and well respectedGRONKED is a quality contributor and well respectedGRONKED is a quality contributor and well respectedGRONKED is a quality contributor and well respectedGRONKED is a quality contributor and well respectedGRONKED is a quality contributor and well respectedGRONKED is a quality contributor and well respectedGRONKED is a quality contributor and well respected

Jeez.

Coach returns, playing inspired football, at home vs division rival...better hope they rest their starters cause I think theyd pull it out.

I dont think its meaningless @ all to indy tbh. This would be an insane confidence builder for them if they beat Houston, and that upon coaches return is exactly the type of momentum they wanna enter playoffs with.
Btw if indy loses and bungles win does indy lose 5 seed? If so playing is a nobrainer
(One, you always want potential for home game. Two...as is, 6 seed plays @ Foxboro. I think @ Baltimore is much more appealing)

I could be wrong tho-they could opt to rest. Please dont lol.

Talk about reshaping afc picture..if Houston loses and pats n Denver pull out easy wins...yikes.

(I wont lie, as pats fan, I hate the 3 seed. No bye week plus the prospect of @ denver in 2nd round..hate it.
GRONKED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012   #19
coltfan123
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRONKED View Post
Jeez.

Coach returns, playing inspired football, at home vs division rival...better hope they rest their starters cause I think theyd pull it out.

I dont think its meaningless @ all to indy tbh. This would be an insane confidence builder for them if they beat Houston, and that upon coaches return is exactly the type of momentum they wanna enter playoffs with.
Btw if indy loses and bungles win does indy lose 5 seed? If so playing is a nobrainer
(One, you always want potential for home game. Two...as is, 6 seed plays @ Foxboro. I think @ Baltimore is much more appealing)

I could be wrong tho-they could opt to rest. Please dont lol.

Talk about reshaping afc picture..if Houston loses and pats n Denver pull out easy wins...yikes.

(I wont lie, as pats fan, I hate the 3 seed. No bye week plus the prospect of @ denver in 2nd round..hate it.

if this is a serious playoff contender they will rebound next week...
Old 12-23-2012   #20
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15515 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

They're 2-0 after a loss. I expect them to play well and get a W the way they did after losses to GB and NE. They really sucked today and Kubes and MS looked really clueless the whole game.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read