Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-23-2012   #1
legacy_gt
All Pro

Rep Power: 15768 legacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respected
Default what happened to our offense?

we have all our tight ends, johnson is playing well, we have our 3 running backs, schaub is not injured, we even have some rookies stepping up. is it our offense line these past 6 or 7 games? coach? qb can't move? i'm baffled why we can't score anymore. i mean it's one thing to lose but to not even score at home is inexcusable.

our team looks so different than the beginning of the year.
legacy_gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012   #2
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 79339 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: what happened to our offense?

It's offensive line and to a lesser extent, playcalling.

I'd also say field position is a problem too, what with our awful special teams and the penalties they accrue.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012   #3
legacy_gt
All Pro

Rep Power: 15768 legacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
i agree. i miss winset.
Old 12-23-2012   #4
legacy_gt
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post

I'd also say field position is a problem too, what with our awful special teams and the penalties they accrue.
we have had bad field positioning but before we'd go the full distance...so really long drives. i don't see it anymore.
Old 12-23-2012   #5
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 133852 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Past 6 or 7 games??

Apparently you guys forgot about what our offense did against the Jags and the Lions which was just a few games ago. ANd at that time it was "what is wrong with our defense"? They have only struggled a lot against two teams for the most part.

Every other week you guys are asking what is wrong with the defense or the offense.

Seems to me like the bigger question should be "What is wrong with our coaching?"
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012   #6
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Rep Power: 6022 Pantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Pantherstang84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
Past 6 or 7 games??

Apparently you guys forgot about what our offense did against the Jags and the Lions which was just a few games ago. ANd at that time it was "what is wrong with our defense"? They have only struggled a lot against two teams for the most part.

Every other week you guys are asking what is wrong with the defense or the offense.

Seems to me like the bigger question should be "What is wrong with our coaching?"
I don't doubt that is a valid question as well. However, who went into the fetal position deep in his own territory when someone just tugged his jersey?
Pantherstang84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012   #7
legacy_gt
All Pro

Quote:
Past 6 or 7 games??

coaching is an issue. but in the pats, redzone colts, 2nd half titans, and now vikings, our offense has disappeared. i know what's up with the defense.
Sponsored links
Old 12-23-2012   #8
legacy_gt
All Pro

Quote:
Past 6 or 7 games??

the second half of the jags game disappeared.
Old 12-23-2012   #9
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Past 6 or 7 games??

a slow, plodding offense that has a QB with limitations and a bunch of midfield targets but no deep threats. A line built to zone block and quick set blocking but not good for 7-step dropback passing. No real WR threat beside AJ and he is not the deep burner he used to be so you are left with a slow, plodding offense that throws in the towel with 4 mins left to play.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012   #10
legacy_gt
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
a slow, plodding offense that has a QB with limitations and a bunch of midfield targets but no deep threats. A line built to zone block and quick set blocking but not good for 7-step dropback passing. No real WR threat beside AJ and he is not the deep burner he used to be so you are left with a slow, plodding offense that throws in the towel with 4 mins left to play.
i just don't see how a 6 best offense can be this bad all of the sudden.
Old 12-23-2012   #11
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 133852 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You're left with a team that has been the 3rd highest scoring team in the league with that offense. The Patriots don't have a good wideout either. I criticized the hell out of Rick Smith and management for not getting help at WR the last two off seasons, but everyone whined that I was being to critical of Rick Smith as a GM and hyped the hell out of guys like Lestar Jean and Martin. Somehow I knew that would blow up in people's faces.

Either way, this team has scored very well amongst the rest of the offenses in this league. The only real complaint about Schaub you guys have still stems from him not being mobile.

But if you want to complain about the last 4 minutes, then blame Kubiak. The guy has been a quitting machine since he's been the coach here. He is and always will be a problem that this team has to get over.
Old 12-23-2012   #12
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by legacy_gt View Post
Coaching........
Old 12-23-2012   #13
legacy_gt
All Pro

Quote:
Coaching........
i somewhat agree but the fact that schaub can't take over (it doesn't have to be elite) when it's really needed frustrates me. i've been a schaub fan but i think he's very limited.
Old 12-23-2012   #14
Say Watt
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 47206 Say Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Coaching........
Yep. Nuff said.
Say Watt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012   #15
nut
All Pro

Rep Power: 166 nut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respected

The quitting part is what I can't stand the most. Playcalling stinks alot of the time too. If we can get over these 2 items, we will have a chance.
nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012   #16
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Quote:
It's not "bad"...it's just a slow plodding offense that isn't built to play drop back and throw it around to your speedsters ball. It's an offense that needs a hook to throw the ball (play action). Stop the run and force this team to throw the ball and there is really not much quick strike element to this team. I never said it was a bad offense...just a plodder.

Quote:
You're left with a team that has been the 3rd highest scoring team in the league with that offense. The Patriots don't have a good wideout either. I criticized the hell out of Rick Smith and management for not getting help at WR the last two off seasons, but everyone whined that I was being to critical of Rick Smith as a GM and hyped the hell out of guys like Lestar Jean and Martin. Somehow I knew that would blow up in people's faces.

Either way, this team has scored very well amongst the rest of the offenses in this league. The only real complaint about Schaub you guys have still stems from him not being mobile.

But if you want to complain about the last 4 minutes, then blame Kubiak. The guy has been a quitting machine since he's been the coach here. He is and always will be a problem that this team has to get over.
The Patriots have a QB that can find the open man and Brady is a shoe in HOF'er. Schaub has left a ton of TD passes on the field. AJ should have 4 more touchdowns but he has to wait on the ball all the time. Most of Schaub's good stuff comes off the waggle and reason behind that is that this is not a good deep drop-back passing group (Oline) combined with the fact that this isn't Schaub's strength to begin with.

Old 12-23-2012   #17
legacy_gt
All Pro

Quote:
... Stop the run and force this team to throw the ball and there is really not much quick strike element to this team..
there was a time (a few yrs ago) when we didn't have a running game and we had a very good passing game that was somewhat quick.
Old 12-23-2012   #18
Mr. Texan
I'm A Texan

Rep Power: 16186 Mr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
there was a time (a few yrs ago) when we didn't have a running game and we had a very good passing game that was somewhat quick.
kubiak continues to force the run/pa pass when it's obviously not going to work.

we've seen this offense this year before move the ball like 09 when they go no huddle spead and just abandon the run.
Mr. Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012   #19
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Quote:
short of a wormhole I'm not sure that helps us right now. I will say that watching "possession TE's" prancing a few yards short of a first down over and over is kinda depressing.

Old 12-23-2012   #20
legacy_gt
All Pro

Quote:
short of a wormhole I'm not sure that helps us right now. I will say that watching "possession TE's" prancing a few yards short of a first down over and over is kinda depressing.
they had some games of old in which their air game had some yardage. yeah that 4 and 1 is getting to be annoying.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read