Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-23-2012   #21
mariowillshine15
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2511 mariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Foster leaves game due to irregular heart beat

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
I diagnose him with cronis overuse syndrome as a result of not enough carries being given to the backups.
Don't Larry Johnson him. Herm Edwards gave him over 400 carries one year and he was done after that.
mariowillshine15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012   #22
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15515 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
A strict vegan diet, which Foster is not following, does not leave you deficient in the elements that lead to irregular heart beat. Iron and B12 are the only elements that may be deficient. But these are not directly related to heart irregularity.......and he admits to meat intake which should negate even this possible dietary deficiency. Besides, most strict vegans know to take iron and B12 supplements.
Maybe not, but strict vegan diets can cause gas (I don't believe he's a strict vegan, now). MDs are slow to acknowledge the effect of GI/vagus nerve impact on heart rhythm. If his vagus nerve is acting up due to indigestion or gas (due to an empy stomach from not being fully meat-satiated for example), this can send inappropriate signals back to heart.

If he has the flu, that can also stimulate irregularities.

Hopefully its one of these diet/GI/Vagus "normal" irregularities instead of any more serious heart ailments.
Old 12-23-2012   #23
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

I have afib due to the viral myocarditis I had in 2000. The first 8 years it showed up only once every 2-3 years and I would get it converted at the hospital. In 2008 I went it for ablation and they effed it up and pierced my heart and I have to have it closed so opened up. Anyways, they didn't fix it. Now it happens about once every 4 months and I take pills and us back in 1-3 hours. So a majority of my life us in regular sinus rhythm. I take no blood thinners and my heart is in great shape despite the happenings. I can workout just the same, though saying it is easier than doing it. Many docs think mine is now vagus related because the surgery messed up my system and usually happens when I've eaten and then am in a hurry of do activities. Ironically exercise helps it go back.
Old 12-23-2012   #24
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 106609 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Foster has an irregular heartbeat and the rest of the staff lost their heart. Go figure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012   #25
amazing80
Site Contributor

Section: my couch
Rep Power: 36901 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected

2nd time this season....that can't be good. Hopefully he gets healthy and takes care of himself
Old 12-24-2012   #26
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 172049 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazing80 View Post
2nd time this season....that can't be good. Hopefully he gets healthy and takes care of himself
At this point in time, with the limited information we have, I would not jump to any "terrible" conclusions. Most people have occasional, irregular heartbeats that may feel like a fluttering or racing heart. These are usually very temporary, benign and never go on to require any medical treatment.
CloakNNNdagger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012   #27
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Glad to see someone had a heartbeat of any sorts.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-24-2012   #28
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 172049 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

He has evidently converted to normal heartbeat.

Quote:
Arian Foster ‏@ArianFoster

I appreciate all the concern and support. I am doing well. Saw a cardiologist today and everything is back to normal.
CloakNNNdagger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012   #29
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 228095 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
Glad to see someone had a heartbeat of any sorts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
He has evidently converted to normal heartbeat.

Exactly. Now that they've made sure Foster's heartbeat was normal we can start asking the obvious follow up question. "Did they have any luck finding the rest of the teams heartbeats? Anyone see any signs of life there at all?"
Old 12-25-2012   #30
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
Exactly. Now that they've made sure Foster's heartbeat was normal we can start asking the obvious follow up question. "Did they have any luck finding the rest of the teams heartbeats? Anyone see any signs of life there at all?"
I never saw any.

Except for #99 and #80. Those two were trying to resuscitate the others, but it was no use. Tag 'em and bag 'em.
Old 12-28-2012   #31
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 55298 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

I didn't want to start a new thread, but this is worth noting:

Quote:
Houston Texans' fans were understandably concerned when star running back Arian Foster left early during the team's loss to the Minnesota Vikings with an irregular heartbeat. One young fan named Macie was so worried she made a sign for her favorite player, hoping that his heart felt better.

... Macie's father tweeted the picture to Foster, who quickly responded to his young fan.
Link.

Check out the picture of the letter. He used it for his Twitter avatar.
Brisco_County is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read