Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Un-Inspired, Un-Motivated, Heartless Paper Champs of the AFC South

Blast me if you will, this team is DEFIANTLY not a #1 seed for the playoffs. Scream all you want about being 12-3, it is the most un-inspiring 12-3 I have ever witnessed a football team to be.

You have something to play for and you concede to play in a building you have not won at in 11 years...

absolutely pathetic...

I guess you won't be rooting for this team in the playoffs then, since they are paper champs.

Throw your cards in now then.

The playoffs is a different season. This team can bounce back and learn from this. If they don't it's because of coaching.

Blast me if you will, this team is DEFIANTLY not a #1 seed for the playoffs. Scream all you want about being 12-3, it is the most un-inspiring 12-3 I have ever witnessed a football team to be.

You have something to play for and you concede to play in a building you have not won at in 11 years...

absolutely pathetic...

It's only four years in the new stadium, but I get your point.

1st game I have ever left early .

Pathetic doesn't even come close to describing this.

Posted using Tapatalk from my phone. May contain errors.

I guess you won't be rooting for this team in the playoffs then, since they are paper champs.

Throw your cards in now then.

The playoffs is a different season. This team can bounce back and learn from this. If they don't it's because of coaching.

Oh I'll will cheer because I am a glutton for punishment but nothing, absolutely nothing the last 6 weeks has shown this team plays like a #1 seed. If you think they have, then you are simply in denial....

When HOU loses they really know how to demonstrate a sense of Patheticness only matched by the coyote vs the roadrunner.

Oh I'll will cheer because I am a glutton for punishment but nothing, absolutely nothing the last 6 weeks has shown this team plays like a #1 seed. If you think they have, then you are simply in denial....

Maybe they aren't, but they still have a great shot. They'll have homefield advantage throughout the post season with a win next week and they'll have a first round bye. I like those odds for starters.

You seem to forget the Giants and how they stumbled into the playoffs two times and won it both times, because they turned it on when it counted. THe Texans can as well, but that will be on Kubiak to make that happen as the coach. That is where I have my doubts. I don't think that Kubiak can get this team playing with that chip on their shoulder. The team itself might be able to do that without the motivation from their HC though.

Who said anything about stopping rooting? You people never seem to recognize that REALITY is reality, and you can recognize it and yet STILL root for your team. I rooted for the Texans when they were 2-14 and never had any delusions they were anything but a crappy team. I root for this team, but I'm capable of recognizing their shortcomings.

STRAW MAN ARGUMENT

Maybe they aren't, but they still have a great shot. They'll have homefield advantage throughout the post season with a win next week and they'll have a first round bye. I like those odds for starters.

You seem to forget the Giants and how they stumbled into the playoffs two times and won it both times, because they turned it on when it counted. THe Texans can as well, but that will be on Kubiak to make that happen as the coach. That is where I have my doubts. I don't think that Kubiak can get this team playing with that chip on their shoulder. The team itself might be able to do that without the motivation from their HC though.

The fact you just tried to compare THIS team to the Giants is beyond laughable. I am sorry but the odds are stacked against them going into Indy at beating the Colts, which they have not done in 11 years...

Colts game next week will be meaningless for the Colts. They win in KC and their spot is secured.

Uhhh I am talking about going on the road and beating the Colts who in 11 years the Texans have NEVER beat the Colts in Indy, that is including having Dan Orlovsky at QB for the Colts...

keep up son...

Oh please. Colts are not a problem and Luck is not Manning

Colts game next week will be meaningless for the Colts. They win in KC and their spot is secured.

Their coach comes back next week. They will be out to win for him.

They will play inspired and I'm not sure if the Texans will.

Oh please. Colts are not a problem and Luck is not Manning

Yup and Ponder is not Farve, wouldn't have known that from today's game...

Have you not seen how Luck plays at home? Keep telling yourself what ever you need to stay in denial, this team is headed in a downward spiral straight into the playoffs with no coming out of it in sight...

Giants also have Eli. Texans have Sloth.

and we have turtle for head coach!

very-20old-20one-small1.jpg

Not really. If they win next week, they'll be the #1 seed. Right there, your first sentence is inaccurate.

So if the Colts don't play anybody next week and Texans backdoor their way into a #1 seed, that is the definition of a championship caliber team?

you must be looking at different dictionary than the rest of us...

Wrong.

They play next week with Pagano on the sidelines. They'll be flying around like they're in a Super Bowl and this Texans team will be stumbling around in another confused daze because the opponent in front of them wants it more.

The Colts are going to beat our asses Sunday in Indianapolis. They're going to win it for their coach. Not a doubt in my mind.

The Texans are going to :rake: for their coach.

Before the season started, everyone would have been ecstatic about being 12-3 with one game left.

But now we are doomed to failure. LOL

I'm as pissed about this game as anyone, but come on guys, let's have a little perspective about here. The Texans had a bad day, all good teams have bad days. Sheesh.

So if the Colts don't play anybody next week and Texans backdoor their way into a #1 seed, that is the definition of a championship caliber team?

The first sentence of your original post said:

Blast me if you will, this team is DEFIANTLY not a #1 seed for the playoffs.

If the Texans win next week, they'll be the #1 seed regardless if it's "defiantly" or "definitely", because I'm not sure which one you meant.

Either way, if the Texans win next week, they'll be the #1 seed and your first sentence would be rendered inaccurate.

Stop moving the goalposts on your thoughts. You mentioned absolutely nothing about "back door"-ing.

What's the problem here?

Before the season started, everyone would have been ecstatic about being 12-3 with one game left.

I'm as pissed about this game as anyone, but come on guys, let's have a little perspective about here. The Texans had a bad day, all good teams have bad days. Sheesh.
But let's look at the last 6 games:

W 43-37 -- OT at home against 2-13 JAX

W 34-31 -- OT @ 4-11 DET

W 24-10 -- @ 5-10 TEN, game was closer than the score for much of the second half

L 14-42 -- pounded @ playoff-caliber team (NE)

W 29-17 -- vs. IND, closer for most of the second half, only win against a decent team in this stretch

L 23-6 -- at HOME versus possible playoff team (MIN), offense AWOL

It's not just "one bad day". What in this suggests a team that's one of even the 10 best teams in the NFL *right now*, let alone 12-3?

I'm not giving up on this team and not saying we have no chance in the playoffs.... but nothing in the last 6 weeks looks inspires much confidence unless they can find the stride they hit in the first 9 games of the season.

And really -- if you told me that they'd hold AP to 86 yards and they'd lose by 17? Wow.

Only decent win? We were down 34-20 and battled back against Detroit. And I'm pretty sure we came back to beat Jacksonville too.

You don't have to be ahead the entire game for it to be a "decent win", because there are different ways to win games.

Its all about failed expectations Thorn.

We (Texan fans) thought we had Liz Taylor at her peak and then the Vikings undressed us and we discovered we had Nancy Pelosi instead.

Something is missing in your team when you are at home playing for HFA throughout the playoffs and you get the game we had today.

:coffee:

Only decent win? We were down 34-20 and battled back against Detroit. And I'm pretty sure we came back to beat Jacksonville too.

You don't have to be ahead the entire game for it to be a "decent win", because there are different ways to win games.

Yes, the OT wins showed some heart which was good to see, but these aren't good teams. (Anyway, I changed it to read "only win against a decent team" since that was more of what I meant to say.)

Just going to play Devil's Advocate..

But let's look at the last 6 games:

W 43-37 -- OT at home against 2-13 JAX

Jax played well today vs the Pats and beat the Colts early this year, maybe they just get up for better teams?

W 34-31 -- OT @ 4-11 DET

not many excuses for that game i guess

W 24-10 -- @ 5-10 TEN, game was closer than the score for much of the second half
disagree, they won this game through and through

L 14-42 -- pounded @ playoff-caliber team (NE)

ugh.

W 29-17 -- vs. IND, closer for most of the second half, only decent win in this 6 game run
disagree in full. they lead start to finish against a strong team. that's a great win.

L 23-6 -- at HOME versus possible playoff team (MIN), offense AWOL

laid an egg. plain and simple.

:kitten:

Where do people acquire the mind-boggling attitude of: everything is either going great or it's the apocalypse?

It's not the apocalypse. (That was supposed to be 2 days ago.)

It's just that people are saying "12-3" all over the place as if their current record makes them one of the best teams in the NFL *right now*. Looking at their resume for the last weeks, I don't think they have been. Now I get the "any given Sunday" stuff but this has looked *nothing* like a 12-3 team in the last 6 weeks. That's all I'm saying. I'm still hoping they can regain their stride but they haven't really had it recently -- and it just feels like the wrong time to go into a (relative) funk.

If they smash the Colts in the mouth next week and secure HFA, I'll feel better.

WTF. Posting just to be posting?

WTF. Posting just to be posting?

connect the dots, Colts sit Luck and their starters, Texans play their starters, Texans win, get #1 seed = back dooring into the #1 seed ie: Colts basically gave it to you....Last I checked, a #1 seed earned it by winning it outright, wasn't handed to them because the other team had nothing to play for...

clear enough for you?

connect the dots, Colts sit Luck and their starters, Texans play their starters, Texans win, get #1 seed = back dooring into the #1 seed ie: Colts basically gave it to you....

clear enough for you?

I don't want to call that "backing in", but yeah -- the Colts have no chance for a first round bye and they have clinched the playoffs -- so they have relatively little to play for compared to the Texans, who can either get the #1 seed and HFA or go down to #3 and not get a first-round bye depending on what happens next week.

After our showing today and against the Pack & the Patsys, I don't care how we get the bye. I'll take a "backdoor" bye if that is what it takes. We need a good seed or we will probably be toast.

connect the dots, Colts sit Luck and their starters, Texans play their starters, Texans win, get #1 seed = back dooring into the #1 seed ie: Colts basically gave it to you....Last I checked, a #1 seed earned it by winning it outright, wasn't handed to them because the other team had nothing to play for...

clear enough for you?

How the hell do you back into the #1 or #2 seed of the AFC? Lol!! That's some prolific exxaggerating if I've ever seen any before.

Do not despair. Bob McNair is serious about turning around the problems enumerated in the title of this thread. He has hired a tried and true team motivator to get the team to "pick it up"!

andy.gif

Onward and upward to the Super Bowl......for sure.:spin:

A win's a win. I don't give a **** anymore.

Then why not win vs. Vikings and just breeze through the last game vs. Colts?

If a win is a win, they had an easy shot at getting that win this Sunday.

And they choked, like only Houston teams can choke.

****, TJ Yates found a way to be clutch vs. Bengals (on the road, no less!) and get us our first AFC South title and playoff berth. Matt Schaub looked like an incredibly inferior QB, and he HAS on numerous occasions lately.

I'm sorry. But I'm old enough to see a choke job when I see one, and these guys are going Choke City on us here. Badly. They're doing it slowly. Killing us softly with their song.

You want that win next week? I don't think they get it. They don't have it in them. These guys are packing it in, mailing it in, basically saying that getting to the playoffs is good enough.

I feel so damn sorry for JJ Watt and Andre Johnson to have to suffer through the other 51 scabs who are choking this away. It should infuriate everyone on here that only two guys have it in them to be ultimate pros at their jobs week in and week out.

I'd like to see Kubiak be a MAN and bench Matt Schaub next Sunday.

Start Yates. Make Matt Schaub have to sit there and watch, and IF Yates stinks it up...put Schaub in there and see if that lights a fire under Schaub's ass.

Because right now, Matt is acting like the 3rd stringer on this team. He is locking in on ONE guy immediately, completely not even seeing wide open guys across the field. HIs reads and his progressions are seriously off. He's in a slump, as is Foster, and if Kubiak can bench the untouchable Foster....then he needs to think about benching Schaub too.

Might as well try SOMETHING because the status quo is getting worse as the games go on.

This team has me so pissed off. And the people who are poo-poo'ing and acting like people are abandoning the team for just stating the obvious are pissing me off too. What. In. The. Hell has this team done well from start to finish in ANY of the past 3 games? And let me state this: EVERY team has beaten up the Titans, so the middle game there with the Titans doesn't count for much in my eyes.

The fact you just tried to compare THIS team to the Giants is beyond laughable. I am sorry but the odds are stacked against them going into Indy at beating the Colts, which they have not done in 11 years...

i get mixed vibe from the fans first im bashed and told im delusnal for thinking colts could win sunday now fans are doubting...yes im a colt fan but ive followered texans for awhile and i really do think texans will win sunday.. have a little faith in your team. :texflag:

I'd like to see Kubiak be a MAN and bench Matt Schaub next Sunday.

Start Yates. Make Matt Schaub have to sit there and watch, and IF Yates stinks it up...put Schaub in there and see if that lights a fire under Schaub's ass.

Because right now, Matt is acting like the 3rd stringer on this team. He is locking in on ONE guy immediately, completely not even seeing wide open guys across the field. HIs reads and his progressions are seriously off. He's in a slump, as is Foster, and if Kubiak can bench the untouchable Foster....then he needs to think about benching Schaub too.

Might as well try SOMETHING because the status quo is getting worse as the games go on.

This team has me so pissed off. And the people who are poo-poo'ing and acting like people are abandoning the team for just stating the obvious are pissing me off too. What. In. The. Hell has this team done well from start to finish in ANY of the past 3 games? And let me state this: EVERY team has beaten up the Titans, so the middle game there with the Titans doesn't count for much in my eyes.

i beleive kubiak doesnt really care about first seed..the team gets jackets and gets pawned by the pats..then the online plays around on seg ways and the oline gets beat up vs vikings..seems to me they are playing around and not training hard...

Back