Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-26-2012   #81
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11524 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Un-Inspired, Un-Motivated, Heartless Paper Champs of the AFC South

Whats with all this doom and gloom ????? ive been here for a min and ive never seen it this bad after a loss yall people need to MAN UP Get over it LOL

Heck be like the players whats there saying get over it MOnday by the end of monday i think its time to move on

Must be all these 2 year bandwagon fans

do yall even know what it was like 02-05 years LOL
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012   #82
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 102374 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

regardless of the game sunday, we're going to be the 1-3 seed in the afc this season with no less than 12 wins. are we really so fickle that we cant handle 3 losses? dont answer that. considering what city we're in, and how little we've had to cheer for, i expected a bit more enthusiasm from our fan base.

kubiak has assembled a roster that will enter the playoffs tied with the 49'ers for the title "most complete team in football". we have an amazing staff, an mvp candidate, and top 5 players at multiple positions (wr, rb, c, lt, de, cb). i dont think the sky is falling.

i MIGHT understand it if we somehow get bounced in the wildcard round, but until we see what happens, this is just a whole lot of whining.
Old 12-26-2012   #83
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 233666 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
Big loss thats for sure. But Cushing doesnt fix whats wrong with the offense , thats on the OL and QB IMO.

One conversion in eleven attempts on third down Vs the Vikes.

6 FG attempts and one offensive TD against the Dolts.

They have to extend and finish drives with TD's.
Couldn't get anything going against the Patriots

We could only score a field goal against the Titans.
Old 12-26-2012   #84
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 178129 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
Couldn't get anything going against the Patriots

We could only score a field goal against the Titans.
Ever since halftime of the Titans game , this offense has been .... out of whack.

Not so sure exactly what the problem is but the play of the OL and QB dont pass the eyeball test.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012   #85
Textan
Veteran

Rep Power: 4035 Textan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respected

It's not just last Sunday's loss. It's a pattern that's emerged for the last, heck I guess since the Bears game. Defense looked stellar that game admittedly.
Guess I should feel confident hearing all the broadcasters say the Texans are in some serious trouble right now, because every time they jumped on the Texans train, that train derailed.
These last games are when a teams supposed to build up steam and confidence going into the play offs.
Texans have sputtered. I'd love for them to catch fire and go all the way, but I just don't see it.
Gloom.
Textan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012   #86
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 102374 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

the patriots lost to the horrid arizona cardinals, and have 4 losses already - nearly adding a 5th to the jags.

denver has beaten the bengals and ravens ... and that's the extent of their wins against teams with winning records. they have quite literally beaten up scrubs all season, while losing to the only major teams on the schedule (atlanta, houston, new england). they barely managed to beat the chargers and chiefs.

noone is flawless.

i dont see either of their fan bases calling for their coach or quarterback's head, despite trailing us in the standings. we're 6th in points scored, and 8th in points allowed. a win sunday puts us with homefield throughout, while the "favorites" have to hope the texans lose in order to advance their position.

Last edited by Scooter; 12-26-2012 at 09:15 AM.
Scooter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012   #87
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 246310 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
Whats with all this doom and gloom ????? ive been here for a min and ive never seen it this bad after a loss yall people need to MAN UP Get over it LOL

Heck be like the players whats there saying get over it MOnday by the end of monday i think its time to move on

Must be all these 2 year bandwagon fans

do yall even know what it was like 02-05 years LOL
You mean the days when the defense was horrible and Schaub had two 4000 yard passing seasons in a row? Yep, I remember those days quite well. It's turned completly around now, we have a good defense but the offense can't get it up.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-26-2012   #88
Grams 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 24274 Grams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
At what point will you ever find fault in Kubiak's leadership? Limited resources?? We were expected to be a top team and we have been. There is nothing limited about these resources at all. We've been a top team throughout most of the season and here are again playing without a fire and our O line is not helping out our statue QB. The entire team played bad last week and uninspired and that is on coaching and it always will be the coach's fault when that happens. If you can't get your players ready to go, then you have no point of even being out there. Let the QB call plays and let a defensive play caller call the plays.

You're seeing a team fade because of the coaching. I said that after the NE game. I expected the Texans to bounce back, but they haven't. Their entire offense has been falling apart. And when your entire offense is predicated off of a successful running game and you're not capable of adjusting when it isn't working, then you've got a poor offensive play caller and a guy who can't get his offense ready for any type of team. I gave Gary the benefit of the doubt to steer this team back on track after that beat down from NE because we had so many wins this season, but it's looking much worse now. He still has time and all, but I won't bet on it. Hopefully Kubiak can have these guys ready, but I'll never put faith in his abilities to do that consistently.
My thoughts also. This team was not prepared to play last Sunday and necessary adjustments to the offence were not made.
Old 12-26-2012   #89
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13331 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniJen View Post
Where do people acquire the mind-boggling attitude of: everything is either going great or it's the apocalypse?

People be trippin'.
Appearantly you weren't an Oiler fan growing up?
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012   #90
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13331 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

I have faith that we can turn it around. I really do. However I will not be blind to this one stat that is really scaring me at this point in the season:

NO TDs in 6 quarters. And it's not like we haven't been by the goal line to get it done either.

To me, that's alarming.

As bad as we've lost twice in the past 3 weeks, I really can't blame the defense even though WR are really open alot these days too. In New England, they did force them to punt 5 times in a row. Last week we got the ball on a turnover at the opponents 40 but we couldn't get a TD out of that and also I believe our defense got screwed of an opportunity to score on the hit by KJax, helmet to helmet or not. SO I can't really blame the d still.

The offense is sputtering and everyone's to blame.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012   #91
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 233666 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grams View Post
My thoughts also. This team was not prepared to play last Sunday and necessary adjustments to the offence were not made.
I think they just got their butts kicked.

We know they haven't been playing well for a few weeks now. This kind of thing happens.

Time to move on.
Old 12-26-2012   #92
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 195032 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I thought the same thing, but made it a point to look for any signs. I've watched & rewatched, then watched again... in person, on the DVR, I'm not seeing the effect of his injury. He looks as good as he ever has.
Then you better watch again. I've studied his game film before and after injury. As we all know, Schaub has never been considered a mobile quarterback. But, pre-injury, just like Peyton, he did show ability to simply quickly sidestep a few feet or lurch forward into the pocket to avoid rushes. He has lost his ability to change direction acutely. His behind-the-lines moves now consist only of planned gentle arc play action play moves. He used to occasionally attempt to run the ball when there were overt huge holes created when the D seemed to be all piled up back in "secondary land." As is the case in most Lisfranc fracture injured players, one of their main complaints is long-term, sometime permanent chronic pain, even after so-called complete satisfactory healing. This is especially augmented multi-fold when placing the foot under resistive stresses, most notably "pushing off" whether in a sudden or forceful movement in a forward, lateral or backward (drop-back) direction. And how many times have you seen him go up off the ground during the delivery of a pass this season?....which would require him to come down forcefully on that back foot? In the past years, you could have expected Schaub to throw at least 5 or 6 "jump" passes a game. And how many quarterback draws have you seen him take? That back foot injury is likely playing a role in many of his play deficiencies and limited play decisions. It would not be atypical for a player like him to be still wearing a stiff stabilizing and protective sole orthotic, which would further limit his movements. With an injury like this, it would not be unusual for it to bother him with increased use and stresses applied in the course of a game, making his limitations more significant as the game progresses further.....and as the season progresses longer. All of these potential limitations do not even address the negative "psychological" impact on him knowing or even thinking that he can no longer overcome many of them.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012   #93
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61322 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
You mean the days when the defense was horrible and Schaub had two 4000 yard passing seasons in a row? Yep, I remember those days quite well. It's turned completly around now, we have a good defense but the offense can't get it up.
I didn't know Schaub had all those yards while he was playing for Atlanta.

Old 12-26-2012   #94
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Then you better watch again. I've studied his game film before and after injury. As we all know, Schaub has never been considered a mobile quarterback. But, pre-injury, just like Peyton, he did show ability to simply quickly sidestep a few feet or lurch forward into the pocket to avoid rushes. He has lost his ability to change direction acutely. His behind-the-lines moves now consist only of planned gentle arc play action play moves.
He might be hurting, but most notably the Denver game, I thought he navigated the pocket masterfully. I'm going through all the games this year, hope to be through by Sunday. But physically he looks as good as Matt Schaub ever has.
Old 12-26-2012   #95
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 195032 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
He might be hurting, but most notably the Denver game, I thought he navigated the pocket masterfully. I'm going through all the games this year, hope to be through by Sunday. But physically he looks as good as Matt Schaub ever has.
If you feel that the "old" Schaub looks no different than the "new repaired" Schaub, we will then just have to agree to disagree and leave it at that.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012   #96
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81973 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Then you better watch again. I've studied his game film before and after injury. As we all know, Schaub has never been considered a mobile quarterback. But, pre-injury, just like Peyton, he did show ability to simply quickly sidestep a few feet or lurch forward into the pocket to avoid rushes. He has lost his ability to change direction acutely. His behind-the-lines moves now consist only of planned gentle arc play action play moves. He used to occasionally attempt to run the ball when there were overt huge holes created when the D seemed to be all piled up back in "secondary land." As is the case in most Lisfranc fracture injured players, one of their main complaints is long-term, sometime permanent chronic pain, even after so-called complete satisfactory healing. This is especially augmented multi-fold when placing the foot under resistive stresses, most notably "pushing off" whether in a sudden or forceful movement in a forward, lateral or backward (drop-back) direction. And how many times have you seen him go up off the ground during the delivery of a pass this season?....which would require him to come down forcefully on that back foot? In the past years, you could have expected Schaub to throw at least 5 or 6 "jump" passes a game. And how many quarterback draws have you seen him take? That back foot injury is likely playing a role in many of his play deficiencies and limited play decisions. It would not be atypical for a player like him to be still wearing a stiff stabilizing and protective sole orthotic, which would further limit his movements. With an injury like this, it would not be unusual for it to bother him with increased use and stresses applied in the course of a game, making his limitations more significant as the game progresses further.....and as the season progresses longer. All of these potential limitations do not even address the negative "psychological" impact on him knowing or even thinking that he can no longer overcome many of them.
Thanks for confirming what I thought I saw. Schaub is even less mobile than he used to be, if that's possible. The injury has caused Gary to limit the playbook. In addition to the OL not performing as well as last yr in the run game. This isn't Schaubs fault, but it's not going to get better unless Schaub gets rid of the orthodic. If he cant play without the orthodic then it's time to start looking QB. Doc in your opinion of Schaub what could happen if he played without the orthotic?

If the Texans have to get a new QB, what do you guys think about trading for Matt Flynn? Or drafting a guys like Bray/Jones or Barkley late in the 1st rd.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012   #97
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
If you feel that the "old" Schaub looks no different than the "new repaired" Schaub, we will then just have to agree to disagree and leave it at that.
This.

I still remember the QB draw he did a few years ago to win the Dlolphins game. I can't imagine him doing that now...
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012   #98
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81973 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Not saying you're wrong, but to get a true opinion of Schaub you need to look at tape from the 2009-2010 seasons. Last yr Schaub was playing with a shoulder injury before the foot injury. I will give you this Matt Schaub is one tough guy. Winning is everything to him and it makes me sad that injuries will probably keep him from accomplishing his goal of a Lombardi trophy.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012   #99
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 246310 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Agreed, Schaub is not the same. As to the reason behind it, I don't know. Surgery, O-line underperforming, play calling, aliens, don't know. But it's plainly obvious he isn't the same.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012   #100
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Denver was Schaub's best game this season IMO. That was the game where I thought, ok...we have something...

He looked like the kind of QB that could make plays on the way to a SB that day.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read