Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-25-2012   #61
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 323680 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Un-Inspired, Un-Motivated, Heartless Paper Champs of the AFC South

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphajoker View Post
Hate to say it but this team is trending downward.
The defense has actually been getting better since Tennessee
Old 12-25-2012   #62
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 323680 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
I dont think its the coaching or playcalling. Its more the faults of the team being exposed.

Playcalling had nothing to do with any loss this year , the Packers kicked their asses , so did the Pats .... and the Vikes flat out dominated the Texans OL with their front four. Cant blame that on playcalling , yu blame it on the guys up front getting their asses kicked.

The fact that Schaub has limited mobility to extend plays and plays so conservatively ..... doesnt help the playcaller at all.

Get pressure on Schaub and this offense falls flat. Keep him clean and he can hit open recievers. Often they need a gimmick to keep Schaub clean (Play Action).

Seems to me that the playcaller is getting the most out of a limited roster if you ask me.
I agree in so much that we could have won with the same play-calling if the OL would have kicked some butt. However, I also believe after watching them get their butts kicked for one qtr should have been enough to tell the play-caller to try something different. Schaub looked like he needed help & Kubiak knows how to help him. Go 4 & five wide, split your TEs, go with quick, short, high percentage passes & the sugar huddle. Get Matt into the game, stop him from thinking to much.
Old 12-25-2012   #63
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 110804 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Before the season started, everyone would have been ecstatic about being 12-3 with one game left.

But now we are doomed to failure. LOL

I'm as pissed about this game as anyone, but come on guys, let's have a little perspective about here. The Texans had a bad day, all good teams have bad days. Sheesh.
True all good teams have bad days, but most SB contenders are playing their best at the end of the season. The Giants are the exception to the rule.

I dont know how to make a poll, but I would like to see the results of the people who think Rick/Gary can bring the Lombardi home this yr? 5yrs? 10 yrs? Never?

Not that it matters because it appears Gary is BoB's illegitimate child.
steelbtexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012   #64
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Is that all people care about is the record and not how we are actually playing?

LOL...ok, I guess...
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012   #65
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 110804 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by coltfan123 View Post
i get mixed vibe from the fans first im bashed and told im delusnal for thinking colts could win sunday now fans are doubting...yes im a colt fan but ive followered texans for awhile and i really do think texans will win sunday.. have a little faith in your team.
The Texans will win on Sunday.

Most people on this MB have very little faith in Kubiak.

He's the offensive genius that has lead the Texans to 2 TD's in the last 12 qtrs and 0 TD's in the last 7 qtrs.
Old 12-25-2012   #66
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80496 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

The Colts most definitely could win Sunday, but I expect the Texans to get this monkey off their back and bring it. Texans win. If they don't, well, I don't know what to say about this paper tiger.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012   #67
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111928 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
The Texans will win on Sunday.

Most people on this MB have very little faith in Kubiak.

He's the offensive genius that has lead the Texans to 2 TD's in the last 12 qtrs and 0 TD's in the last 7 qtrs.
He's also that offensive genius that had us top 5 in points per game for most of the season too..
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-25-2012   #68
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 125690 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
I dont think its the coaching or playcalling. Its more the faults of the team being exposed.

Playcalling had nothing to do with any loss this year , the Packers kicked their asses , so did the Pats .... and the Vikes flat out dominated the Texans OL with their front four. Cant blame that on playcalling , yu blame it on the guys up front getting their asses kicked.

The fact that Schaub has limited mobility to extend plays and plays so conservatively ..... doesnt help the playcaller at all.

Get pressure on Schaub and this offense falls flat. Keep him clean and he can hit open recievers. Often they need a gimmick to keep Schaub clean (Play Action).

Seems to me that the playcaller is getting the most out of a limited roster if you ask me.
At what point will you ever find fault in Kubiak's leadership? Limited resources?? We were expected to be a top team and we have been. There is nothing limited about these resources at all. We've been a top team throughout most of the season and here are again playing without a fire and our O line is not helping out our statue QB. The entire team played bad last week and uninspired and that is on coaching and it always will be the coach's fault when that happens. If you can't get your players ready to go, then you have no point of even being out there. Let the QB call plays and let a defensive play caller call the plays.

You're seeing a team fade because of the coaching. I said that after the NE game. I expected the Texans to bounce back, but they haven't. Their entire offense has been falling apart. And when your entire offense is predicated off of a successful running game and you're not capable of adjusting when it isn't working, then you've got a poor offensive play caller and a guy who can't get his offense ready for any type of team. I gave Gary the benefit of the doubt to steer this team back on track after that beat down from NE because we had so many wins this season, but it's looking much worse now. He still has time and all, but I won't bet on it. Hopefully Kubiak can have these guys ready, but I'll never put faith in his abilities to do that consistently.
Texecutioner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012   #69
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 314353 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
The Colts most definitely could win Sunday, but I expect the Texans to get this monkey off their back and bring it. Texans win. If they don't, well, I don't know what to say about this paper tiger.
If the Texans can't manage a win in Indy, then the doomsayers are probably right.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012   #70
IlliniJen
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 177962 IlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
If the Texans can't manage a win in Indy, then the doomsayers are probably right.
With or without their starters playing?

"Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except I get to kill something." - Ron Swanson
IlliniJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012   #71
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 314353 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniJen View Post
With or without their starters playing?
I don't think it matters. If the Texans can't win this Sunday, they are what the doomsayers say they are. If the Texans are a championship team, they'll win when they have to.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012   #72
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 267323 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

If we win by 3 or even 7, we won't know much more than we do now.
CloakNNNdagger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012   #73
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Is that all people care about is the record and not how we are actually playing?

LOL...ok, I guess...
Well the record says that even tough they aren't playing inspired football they have found a way to win more times than not. We haven't seen anything to make us believe they will find a way to beat a play off team now... but just like we are having issues, they are also having issues & will have issues. The Patriots last two games show as much.

Hope & prayer may be all we're left with at this point, but it's more than a lot of teams right now.
Old 12-25-2012   #74
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Also. We've seen teams steam into the play offs led by Manning, Brady, & Belichick lay eggs, one & done..
Old 12-25-2012   #75
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
He's also that offensive genius that had us top 5 in points per game for most of the season too..
Yep,

The Ginger is really kicking those FG's

The point is, the offense is regressing to the point of being inept. The blame should be shared equally between Gary/Schaub/OL. Except these are Garys hand picked players that fit his offense.

Unfortunately the foot injury has limited what little mobility Schaub had. C-N-D warned us that this could happen.

Last edited by steelbtexan; 12-26-2012 at 12:40 AM.
Old 12-25-2012   #76
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 291448 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullNation4Life View Post
So if the Colts don't play anybody next week and Texans backdoor their way into a #1 seed, that is the definition of a championship caliber team?

you must be looking at different dictionary than the rest of us...
Okay, that makes no sense.
You "back in" if you lose but someone else loses and you get in anyway. If we win next week, that means we took it. Maybe we didn't take it last week, so what, we still took it.
You're the one who needs to assess appropriateness of his dictionary.
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012   #77
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post

Unfortunately the foot injury has limited what little mobility Schaub had. C-N-D warned us that this could happen.
I thought the same thing, but made it a point to look for any signs. I've watched & rewatched, then watched again... in person, on the DVR, I'm not seeing the effect of his injury. He looks as good as he ever has.
Old 12-26-2012   #78
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222017 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
I agree in so much that we could have won with the same play-calling if the OL would have kicked some butt. However, I also believe after watching them get their butts kicked for one qtr should have been enough to tell the play-caller to try something different. Schaub looked like he needed help & Kubiak knows how to help him. Go 4 & five wide, split your TEs, go with quick, short, high percentage passes & the sugar huddle. Get Matt into the game, stop him from thinking to much.
They didnt go 5 wide but they did split the TE's out quite a few times ....and most of the routes were short quick developing plays , even on 3rd down - recievers made catches short of the marker several times under that scenario.

If I was going to complain about any playcalling thats where I start , routes that dont take the reciever beyond the marker. Then again , that could be on the reciever , breaking a route short ....

The biggest issue in that game was the Vikings ability to generate pressure with only four defenders leaving seven on the back end. That is the recipe for good defense in todays NFL.
They were also able to stop the run with little to no help from the secondary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
I thought the same thing, but made it a point to look for any signs. I've watched & rewatched, then watched again... in person, on the DVR, I'm not seeing the effect of his injury. He looks as good as he ever has.

I think its more mental than anything .... A defender gets near his legs and he goes down or gets rid of the ball asap.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012   #79
Bulls on Parade
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33797 Bulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respected

If only we had Brian Cushing we'd be a legit Super Bowl winning team. Our defense hasn't really been the same, at least consistently, since his season-ending injury. That was the rock of our defense. Even though Watt is our best defensive player, I feel Cushing is irreplaceable for what he brings to the table.
Old 12-26-2012   #80
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222017 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulls on Parade View Post
If only we had Brian Cushing we'd be a legit Super Bowl winning team. Our defense hasn't really been the same, at least consistently, since his season-ending injury. That was the rock of our defense. Even though Watt is our best defensive player, I feel Cushing is irreplaceable for what he brings to the table.
Big loss thats for sure. But Cushing doesnt fix whats wrong with the offense , thats on the OL and QB IMO.

One conversion in eleven attempts on third down Vs the Vikes.

6 FG attempts and one offensive TD against the Dolts.

They have to extend and finish drives with TD's.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read