Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-23-2012   #101
TexCanada
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6655 TexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: I thinks its time...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Schaub is going to crumble under pressure more often than not.
Wouldn't it be fair to let him play a playoff game before we decide that?
TexCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012   #102
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 247537 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
Now you have finally given some examples of who you think we could go after, unfortunately you name guys like Alex Smith and Colt McCoy which makes it ridiculous to replace Schaub or even think of it with guys like that. I thought you were interested in an upgrade, but your ideas are exactly what I was afraid of which would put us right in the rat race of chasing QB's like the Bills and Dolphins of the NFL. Apparently you have forgotten what it's like to have David Carr starting here. When you have no QB at all, your team pretty much has no chance. We've got a very good chance with Schaub if the rest of the team could be on point like they are supposed to.

But Alex Smith, Flynn, and McCoy??
Worth a look. That's all I said. You're starting to embarrass yourself now with this selective reading bull****. Matt is paying for your loft isn't he. Well, hopefully he gets to stick around and buy baby nice things.
Old 12-23-2012   #103
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Alex smith would be an upgrade in this offense. He'd make more mistakes than schaub, but hed also make more plays.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012   #104
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexCanada View Post
You can do what you want. I'm here stating my opinion like everyone else.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012   #105
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 247537 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Sure. Absolutely. I can't wait to see him in a playoff game. No one in the world would be more thrilled to be wrong than I. Matt comes in, leads the Texans on an ungodly post-season tear into the Super Bowl and I'm gonna be all "EATING MY CROW WHILE I CELEBRATE!"

I'm just not real worried that this is going to happen. Name one big ol' important game that Matt's ever played great in where there wasn't some mitigating circumstance like "Ray Lewis is out" or "New England doesn't need this game so they're not trying".

No can do. Matt only dominates crappy defenses and injured/disinterested opponents. He isn't likely to find any of those in the playoffs.
Old 12-23-2012   #106
Premier
All Pro

Rep Power: 10262 Premier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respected

dont be dense.. these are examples of guys that could run kubiaks offense just as effective as schaub. Do you guys believe that schaub, in alex smiths position would run the 9ers with the same efficiency as he does in the texans qb friendly offense... moving forward, the obvious choice is to draft his successor within the next 2 years, using a high draft pick and jumping at guys who slip in the 1st, early 2nd.. let your young guy learn while schaubs contract finishes out. and after schaub has racked up 3 lombardi trophies and super bowl mvps we will have a guy ready to take over when schaub is 34ish..
Old 12-23-2012   #107
hradhak
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 6498 hradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respected

The entire offense was terrible. Schaub is not going thru progressions, o line isnt making holes, foster is going down on one hit.

Not sure why the sudden crater but we need to turn it around now or e are one and done

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2
hradhak is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-23-2012   #108
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 88085 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Schaub is going to crumble under pressure more often than not.
Lol, name a qb outside of manning, brady, rodgers and probably rothlisberger that this isn't true for. Thats 4 of 32...its also no coincidence that these guys are the elite of the elite....
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012   #109
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 158703 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
Lol, name a qb outside of manning, brady, rodgers and probably rothlisberger that this isn't true for. Thats 4 of 32...its also no coincidence that these guys are the elite of the elite....
Schaub = Gifford Neilson (not that there is anything wrong with that)

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012   #110
Bigbots_02
Veteran

Rep Power: 46 Bigbots_02 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigbots_02 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigbots_02 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigbots_02 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigbots_02 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigbots_02 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigbots_02 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigbots_02 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigbots_02 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigbots_02 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigbots_02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Absolutely, Id have no objection to that at all. Im only saying as I stated at the very 1st post. We need to start NOW and look for our future. We have time on Schaubs contract and its going to take a while to find is replacement... But Iv THINK ive sen schaub as good as hes going to get. But yes, he deserves a playoff round with us no doubt about it.
Old 12-23-2012   #111
leebigeztx
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29411 leebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to leebigeztx

Its what I always say about non playmakers like schaub. The team either needs to add playmakers or the qb needs to be one or both. Offensively, they have 2 ,aj and foster. That's not good enough when teams take the run game away. When the defense is playing great, the unit can be called a playmaker. So in essence, schaub needs 2 of the 3 to play at a pro bowl level to successful. Against good teams, that's a lot to ask. If the texans are gonna stay on the schaub train, they need a talent at wr to the level of aj, a line that's on last yrs level, and a defense as good as last yrs. If that doesn't hapen, might as well hang banners in lucas oil stadium.
Old 12-23-2012   #112
Hervoyel
The Right Track

I put this in the wrong place and it should be here. This is where I want it.

Hours later and I'm still so pissed off I can't even believe it. I've never been so angry that I was actually short of breath. ****ing Texans I can't believe this ****! When they lose it's like they come out intent on seeing how loud they can make the fans boo them and you know they're getting ready to do this from the first series. The minute that drive stalled and the offense came off the field so Graham could kick the FG I could tell by the look on Schaub's half-stoned idiot face that it was going to be one of those days. You can see it in his eyes when he's not on. He looks lost or like he's trying to work some kind of problem out in his head that has nothing to do with the game he's playing. Like he's counting rivets in the Reliant roof between plays or something.

I admit it. I am so sick of that mother****er and watching him play in slow motion. It's like watching old people **** for crying out loud. Everything is slow, deliberate, and careful. The guy couldn't make a play out of nothing to save his life. Just a robot piling up stats out there and some of you actually find that adequate. How did the end of that "Christmas Vacation" rant from Clark Griswold go? "Hallelujah! Holy ****! Where's the Tylenol?

That's how I feel right now.
Old 12-23-2012   #113
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 218004 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

<-- coach of the year right there guys.

Our QB sucks, our OL sucks, Only have Andre in the passing game, Foster sucks, the Defense sucks (other than Jj Watt) but we're 11-3

I'm not saying we shouldn't criticize our team, they deserve it today. But really, if they are this bad. If Schaub is this bad (Alex Smith, Colt McCoy, Tim Tebow)... Kubiak must be one heck of a game manager that we are 11-3 despite such a bad team.
Old 12-23-2012   #114
mariowillshine15
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2512 mariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
LOL, is Schaub a third year player or something? How is he the future? Schaub is just the very present/near-term. No way in hell is that guy the future of this team. The future QB of this team is probably not even on the roster.
The future as in the next 3-4 years. That's what i meant.
mariowillshine15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012   #115
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 21402 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariowillshine15 View Post
The future as in the next 3-4 years. That's what i meant.
Well, tbh, he shouldn't even be here that long.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012   #116
playa465
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1969 playa465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
Schaub = Gifford Neilson (not that there is anything wrong with that)
Throwback from wayback

playa465 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012   #117
powda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 89407 powda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respected

What rounds were russel wilson, kirk cusins, and colin kapernek drafted in? I dont believe any of them were first rounders. I dunno why finding new talent seems so impossible to some...especially when we have the luxry of letting him sit for a year or 2.

I agree completely with the concept that schaub gets only what is schemed offensively and nothing else. It would be nice to see an actual foot athlete with just an average arm instead of what we've become accustomed to. I think herv said it best describing schaub...he's in slow motion...perpetual molasses while everyone else is moving like they just did a line of coke.
powda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012   #118
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 13034 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

My only only complaint about Shaub is that he is completely useless if a defense can force him out of the pocket. As soon as he leaves or tries to leave the pocket due to pressure I already know that play is going for zero or worse yardage. Other QB's can get out of bounds for a few yards, make throw on the run at least some of the time, or completely reset and scan. Matt doesn't/can't. It's almost always a throw where even the intended receiver would have a really hard time catching it, a toss out of bounds or a sack.
Old 12-23-2012   #119
TheIronDuke
In BOB I Trust

Rep Power: 82834 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddler View Post
<-- coach of the year right there guys.

Our qb sucks, our ol sucks, only have andre in the passing game, foster sucks, the defense sucks (other than jj watt) but we're 11-3

i'm not saying we shouldn't criticize our team, they deserve it today. But really, if they are this bad. If schaub is this bad (alex smith, colt mccoy, tim tebow)... Kubiak must be one heck of a game manager that we are 11-3 despite such a bad team.
12-3
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012   #120
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

Its not time but trust me all our answers will be answerd in about a month when we go to the playoffs and hopefullly have the biggest game in our History the AFC champ game
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read