Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-23-2012   #61
Bigbots_02
Veteran

Rep Power: 46 Bigbots_02 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigbots_02 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigbots_02 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigbots_02 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigbots_02 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigbots_02 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigbots_02 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigbots_02 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigbots_02 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigbots_02 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigbots_02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: I thinks its time...

[quote=Mr. Texan;2086870]might wanna give Terrell Pryor a shot. he's mobile to. oh what this offense could be with a mobile qb like terrell pryor.[/QUOTE

And I dont think is ALL about physical tools... Pryor probably would not be my option. A Smart QB is important too.
Old 12-23-2012   #62
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

[quote=Mr teX;2086879]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post

i think everyone here understands what i wrote just fine....your reading comprehension skills just suck; take that up with your elementary school teachers.
I just realized that you and Mr Texan are two different people. What are the odds of there being two people with that similar of names in the same thread that are so incapable of having an intelligent conversation.
Old 12-23-2012   #63
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 53531 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

lol @ the notion of Tony Romo.

Man, you people really ARE unappreciative, huh?
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012   #64
Mr. Texan
I'm A Texan

Rep Power: 14263 Mr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigbots_02 View Post

And I dont think is ALL about physical tools... Pryor probably would not be my option. A Smart QB is important too.

how many smart qb's with physical tools are available right now tho?

the only qb i would even seriously consider at this point is philip rivers but he's on the decline and has lost big playoff games with more talent than the texans
Mr. Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012   #65
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 226347 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
Find one how?? I continue to ask you this question and have for several months, but you won't answer it. Are you ready to tank a season for a #1 draft pick? Or do you want the Texans to toy with 2nd round picks at QB where we potentially run through like 5 of them before we find a franchise QB like so many other teams still are doing right now? If you don't have a realistic plan on how to replace a good QB, then stop suggesting it.

How ****ing thick are you man? The draft dude. Start looking in the draft. Do you think I mean they need to replace him before next week in Indy? Hell no. I think they need to start looking for a QB the same way every other team in the NFL looks for a QB. Comb the draft, check out the backups and see if there's one you think is ready to step up. Trade for him if it's possible. You resist the idea of upgrading Schaub like he's keeping you in a townhouse in Montrose and making payments on your car. You know damn well how teams find QB's, you just refuse to entertain the idea.
Old 12-23-2012   #66
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80468 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Texan View Post
might wanna give Terrell Pryor a shot. he's mobile to. oh what this offense could be with a mobile qb like terrell pryor.
Or............we could bring in baby jesus from the jets.....he's super mobile! Or maybe we could pluck VY off the couch! Not only is he mobile, but he just wins games and he can kinda throw....a little bit anyway.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012   #67
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 53531 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
How ****ing thick are you man? The draft dude. Start looking in the draft. Do you think I mean they need to replace him before next week in Indy? Hell no. I think they need to start looking for a QB the same way every other team in the NFL looks for a QB. Comb the draft, check out the backups and see if there's one you think is ready to step up. Trade for him if it's possible. You resist the idea of upgrading Schaub like he's keeping you in a townhouse in Montrose and making payments on your car. You know damn well how teams find QB's, you just refuse to entertain the idea.
.....okay, who said that's not happening?
Sponsored links
Old 12-23-2012   #68
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
But god dammit he has good STATS herv. There is no way to replace a guy with good STATS!
Old 12-23-2012   #69
mussop
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
Or............we could bring in baby jesus from the jets.....he's super mobile! Or maybe we could pluck VY off the couch! Not only is he mobile, but he just wins games and he can kinda throw....a little bit anyway.
You two are like watching a couple of 8th graders with A.D.D. go at it. Except they have an excuse for being semi retarded.
Old 12-23-2012   #70
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Talk to the Cardinals and see if they want Schaub.
Old 12-23-2012   #71
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80468 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

[quote=mussop;2086893]
Quote:

I just realized that you and Mr Texan are two different people. What are the odds of there being two people with that similar of names in the same thread that are so incapable of having an intelligent conversation.
I'll have a serious convo with you and anyone else when a serious question/topic is posed. So far, u still have failed to see the fallacy in trading an entire draft for an unproven rookie.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012   #72
mussop
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
Talk to the Cardinals and see if they want Schaub.
Wow that adds so much to this discussion. Let's ask a team that doesn't have even a semi decent backup if they would like our starting QB.
Old 12-23-2012   #73
Bigbots_02
Veteran

Rep Power: 46 Bigbots_02 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigbots_02 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigbots_02 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigbots_02 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigbots_02 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigbots_02 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigbots_02 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigbots_02 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigbots_02 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigbots_02 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigbots_02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Texan View Post
how many smart qb's with physical tools are available right now tho?

the only qb i would even seriously consider at this point is philip rivers but he's on the decline and has lost big playoff games with more talent than the texans
Wouldnt mind having him either, He has someing on his ball that schaub doesnt and hes a commander in the huddle. I dont know if it would work but I wouldnt mind trying it.
Old 12-23-2012   #74
Bigbots_02
Veteran

Quote:
Wow that adds so much to this discussion. Let's ask a team that doesn't have even a semi decent backup if they would like our starting QB.
Yea, Im not saying that
Old 12-23-2012   #75
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Sorry if you're too dense to get the point of my comment.
Old 12-23-2012   #76
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 226347 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
.....okay, who said that's not happening?
What indication have you seen that it is? Gary tinkers with UDFA's and late round picks but he's never taken a QB or brought one in that appeared to have any chance at a competition with Schaub to start or realistically had the skills to be considered a viable upgrade.

Yates? No, not in this reality. Leinart? Grossman? Rosenfels? No, Gary has his cart tied to Schaub and he's going to stick with him until Schaub screws up. For all we know maybe that's happening but I've seen no indication that it is. Gary's loyal and Gary will stick with him through the hard times if he can.

This next draft is going to be interesting because as I've said I think we've seen Schaub's ceiling and if we have then you know Gary is aware of it. The only question is does he think he can win it all with the kind of QB play. If Matt takes a huge dump in the playoffs will Kubiak start hunting a new starter? If he does will he cut the cord right away or let that guy sit and learn. The only time we've seen him make a QB change was the Carr/Schaub transition. Then he got Carr out of town ASAP. Was that because of the money or because of the hostility of the crowd? Did he just not want to go through having Carr around while Schaub was getting established? Who knows.

After giving Matt the money (something the Texans seem prone to do for everyone right before they start to suck for some reason) will he even consider making a move?
Old 12-23-2012   #77
Bigbots_02
Veteran

Quote:
Mobile, sure but VY isnt smart enough and is rattled easy. His time in the league has proven that. Not to mention he doesnt throw accurate enough.
Old 12-23-2012   #78
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 88648 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
No, you throw out all these ideas with no real plan what so ever?? Who!!!?? What free agent going into this season is a good choice?? What back up should we go after with a trade that has proven himself in enough games that could produce better then a guy who is currently leading a team that is the "3rd highest scoring team" in the league before today's game?? WIth that being the case, the only way to go is UP, and where are you going to get this guy from on other teams??? You make it sound like it is just this easy thing we can do like we're on Madden or something. There is no current player as a back up on any team right now that one can easily say can do better then a guy who is leading a top offense in the league for like the 4th year in a row.

So yeah, THE DRAFT is about the only place you're going to find this next knight and shining armor at QB, and if I was going to do that, I'd rather just have two really bad seasons and get a top 3 draft pick and get my franchise guy if I felt that Schaub is as terrible as you do. I certainly wouldn't want to make all these failed attempts at trying out these other team's back ups and later round picks to be our next guy.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012   #79
Premier
All Pro

Rep Power: 8248 Premier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respected

the problem is the texans are in too deep with matt. even when an elite qb fell into their laps, they didnt even want to kick the tires. they dismissed the thought and extended schaub. schaub is going to be the guy. i have no problem with what people are suggesting in using a high draft pick on a high upside project. just think if green bay had waited until favre was done until they drafted his replacement.. the longer and longer they wait to draft a high round qb, the more it looks like they will be content with handing the team over to tj...
Old 12-23-2012   #80
mussop
Hall of Fame

[quote=Mr teX;2086922]
Quote:

I'll have a serious convo with you and anyone else when a serious question/topic is posed. So far, u still have failed to see the fallacy in trading an entire draft for an unproven rookie.
Obviously me and you have a different perception of the draft. I seen RG111 as a can't miss QB and a future elite. I would of taken that chance in a heart beat. However I never said trade an entire draft for him. But I would of. And it would of paid off despite your objections.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read