Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-23-2012   #41
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 162318 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: I thinks its time...

Stats aren't everything. David Carr's consecutive completed passes record should have told us that. Schaub's good, he's just not good enough and he gives the offense exactly zero spark. He folds in big games and that's a problem if you want to get into and win big games.

Time to find a QB. I don't see how anyone could not be thinking that the Texans need to look for a guy who can get it done.
Old 12-23-2012   #42
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72926 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

[quote=Mr teX;2086716]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post

Lol at this hindsight ass logic. No way you're seriously advocating this & patting yourself on the back without taking to account what rg3 has done up to this point. It'd be patently stupid for us to give up our future and other potentially great young players already on the team to move up and get rg3....... Especially when we just got to the point where we were good....cause if we'd have missed, we would've been screwed for years to come.....

You wanted to give up our f
I never wrote that Mr. Tex. Some jackass took my words or put them into some wrong quotes. I've defended Schaub left and right from these knee jerkers who have no plan at finding someone better.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012   #43
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72926 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
Stats aren't everything. David Carr's consecutive completed passes record should have told us that. Schaub's good, he's just not good enough and he gives the offense exactly zero spark. He folds in big games and that's a problem if you want to get into and win big games.

Time to find a QB. I don't see how anyone could not be thinking that the Texans need to look for a guy who can get it done.
Find one how?? I continue to ask you this question and have for several months, but you won't answer it. Are you ready to tank a season for a #1 draft pick? Or do you want the Texans to toy with 2nd round picks at QB where we potentially run through like 5 of them before we find a franchise QB like so many other teams still are doing right now? If you don't have a realistic plan on how to replace a good QB, then stop suggesting it.
Old 12-23-2012   #44
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 63790 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

[quote=mussop;2086736]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post

Do you ever make any sense?
Lol, just admit u dont have a clue so the mods can close this idiotic thread...
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012   #45
Bigbots_02
Veteran

Rep Power: 45 Bigbots_02 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigbots_02 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigbots_02 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigbots_02 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigbots_02 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigbots_02 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigbots_02 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigbots_02 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigbots_02 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigbots_02 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigbots_02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
How about if you present a real argument other then bashing stats as if stats isn't a huge indicator in any sports discussion. It has been and always will be, so stop with this consistent bashing of stats as if they mean nothing.

Explain a real plan on how the Texans find this top dog at QB or make the claim that you're willing to watching another 2-14 season so we can enter the #1 draft sweepstakes to find the next best QB coming out of college to build this team around.
Hell, as much as Dallas complains about Romo I would take him. His skill set and intangibles, then you add our scheme. If he puts in the work to learn it. He would be awsome. Colt McCoy, like I stated earlier IS SCHAUB... but a mobile Schaub. That would make him alot better in our system.
Old 12-23-2012   #46
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 54157 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
How about if you present a real argument other then bashing stats as if stats isn't a huge indicator in any sports discussion. It has been and always will be, so stop with this consistent bashing of stats as if they mean nothing.

Explain a real plan on how the Texans find this top dog at QB or make the claim that you're willing to watching another 2-14 season so we can enter the #1 draft sweepstakes to find the next best QB coming out of college to build this team around.
Stats are only a small part of any equation always were, always will be. And I never said we need to find a "TOP DOG" at QB. You see thats the problem right there. You and others think so highly of Schaub (because of stats) that in your opinion the only way to get a better QB than Schaub is to bring in a "TOP DOG". I don't!

Any solid veteran good game manager that has a smidgeon of mobility would be a step up over Schaub. Because all Schaub is is a solid veteran good game manager that has zero mobilty.
Quote:

Stats are only a small part of any equation always were, always will be. And I never said we need to find a "TOP DOG" at QB. You see thats the problem right there. You and others think so highly of Schaub (because of stats) that in your opinion the only way to get a better QB than Schaub is to bring in a "TOP DOG". I don't!

Any solid veteran good game manager that has a smidgeon of mobility would be a step up over Schaub. Because all Schaub is is a solid veteran good game manager that has zero mobilty.
Old 12-23-2012   #47
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 54157 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Texan View Post
better than some hypothetical bs with no base to lean on.

hepr derp texans win super bowl wif alex smif herp derp i did it in madden

alex smif put da team on his back doe
That last sentence so represents the intellect of the majority of you're post. Now go back and play madden so you can learn something intelligent to say about football.
Old 12-23-2012   #48
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigbots_02 View Post
Hell, as much as Dallas complains about Romo I would take him. His skill set and intangibles, then you add our scheme. If he puts in the work to learn it. He would be awsome. Colt McCoy, like I stated earlier IS SCHAUB... but a mobile Schaub. That would make him alot better in our system.
Oh come on, Romo has been right there with Schaub stat wise year after year and wins/loss wise for the most part. ANd people dogged Romo all season long up until about 3 weeks ago and now Romo is who you would want?? Romo has choked a lot in his career, so that makes no sense at how you would want him when Schaub isn't good enough.

Romo and Schaub have always been very close as it is, so I don't see how Romo would be a great replacement. He is just mobile, but his problems at throwing picks at horrible times has always plagued him.
Old 12-23-2012   #49
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 39734 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

LMFAO @ people mentioning COLT MCCOY as a replacement for Schaub.

Holy ****ing ****.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012   #50
qqert
Veteran

Rep Power: 5057 qqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigbots_02 View Post
//// Matt Schaub not perfectly protected these days seem almost useless..
ALEX SMITH

thats only half the problem, the other one being turtle.
Old 12-23-2012   #51
mussop
Hall of Fame

[quote=Mr teX;2086802]
Quote:

Lol, just admit u dont have a clue so the mods can close this idiotic thread...
Lol, say something intelligent so people can have a clue what the hell you are talking about.
Old 12-23-2012   #52
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 25169 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

Schaub is a rythym QB. The only way he works properly is with a strong offensive line. Thus we have neither.
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012   #53
Mr. Texan
I'm A Texan

Rep Power: 14263 Mr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
That last sentence so represents the intellect of the majority of you're post. Now go back and play madden so you can learn something intelligent to say about football.
ALEX SMIF IS DA ANSWER

TEXANS WIN SUPER BOWL WIF ALEX SMIF

I CAN'T EXPLAIN IT BUT HE JUST IS

WOOO

Mr. Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012   #54
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 63790 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Dont bother tex...you've got knee jerkers in here actually suggesting that we look at bringing in colt freaking mccoy and alex smith...
Old 12-23-2012   #55
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailgate View Post
Schaub is a rythym QB. The only way he works properly is with a strong offensive line. Thus we have neither.
This is true. If Schaub doesn't have strong protection, then he will wither. We don't have a strong offensive line?? I'd say that our production from Foster and in the passing game disagrees with that as we have been the 3rd highest scoring team in this league before this game. No way Schaub leads us to that with a bad O line.
Old 12-23-2012   #56
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Dont bother tex...you've got knee jerkers in here actually suggesting that we look at bringing in colt freaking mccoy and alex smith...

Knee jerkers..............Our fan base is really embarassing at times.
Old 12-23-2012   #57
Mr. Texan
I'm A Texan

Rep Power: 14263 Mr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
might wanna give Terrell Pryor a shot. he's mobile to. oh what this offense could be with a mobile qb like terrell pryor.
Mr. Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012   #58
Bigbots_02
Veteran

Rep Power: 45 Bigbots_02 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigbots_02 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigbots_02 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigbots_02 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigbots_02 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigbots_02 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigbots_02 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigbots_02 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigbots_02 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigbots_02 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigbots_02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Oh come on, Romo has been right there with Schaub stat wise year after year and wins/loss wise for the most part. ANd people dogged Romo all season long up until about 3 weeks ago and now Romo is who you would want?? Romo has choked a lot in his career, so that makes no sense at how you would want him when Schaub isn't good enough.

Romo and Schaub have always been very close as it is, so I don't see how Romo would be a great replacement. He is just mobile, but his problems at throwing picks at horrible times has always plagued him.
Im not talking about stats. Iv never really had a problem with Schaubs stats. Im talking about options that someone brings. Im talking about having the Capability another player brings. Some possibilites arent even a option because some players physically arent capable.
Old 12-23-2012   #59
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

[quote=mussop;2086844]
Quote:

Lol, say something intelligent so people can have a clue what the hell you are talking about.
i think everyone here understands what i wrote just fine....your reading comprehension skills just suck; take that up with your elementary school teachers.
Old 12-23-2012   #60
mussop
Hall of Fame

Quote:

Romo gets dogged more because he plays for a higher profile team. At least he is capable of making plays when things break down. Once things break down for Schaub his only recourse is to throw the ball away. Sometimes even after he is in the clear and has an opening to extend the play it doesn't matter because the only thing on his mind at that point is getting rid of the ball.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read