Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-23-2012   #21
qqert
All Pro

Rep Power: 22045 qqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Who is the leader on offense?

Quote:
Originally Posted by djohn2oo8 View Post
Playcalling is pathetic and there is no passion on this team
a turtle plucked from galveston beach will likely call a better offense than the turtle on the field today.
qqert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012   #22
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 326894 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
When David Carr couldn't get it done everyone blamed the offensive line until it was just painfully obvious that much of the problems were Carr's. Now that we've hit Schaub's ceiling and he's demonstrated that without flawless protection he's not able to get the job done we're back to demanding that the offensive line be no less than perfect.
I am not a Schaub fan.

Just wanted to mention our running game was equally pathetic today. Poor passing game, poor running game......

I am not a Schaub fan.
Old 12-24-2012   #23
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 326894 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by devo-x View Post
Why does the O-line struggle in games like this?
I'll give you three guesses.

The first two don't count.
Old 12-24-2012   #24
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17600 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

well to answer your question the leaders are the vets that have been here for a while

Matt
Andre
Wade smith
Chirs myers
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012   #25
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17600 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

at this point i think we would have been better if we Kept M brisle and winston and traded Foster
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012   #26
coltfan123
Veteran

Rep Power: 2845 coltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
Not reaching for an insult dude...u just mad that i outed your ass...take a deep breath homie...everyone here knows your shtick. The fact that your so mad lets me know that i was pretty much dead on with my assessment.....
hope theres not as strife in texans locker room as there is on this forum...
coltfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012   #27
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222742 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Schaub would make a really good back up.
Im begining to think the same thing .... He doesnt make many mistakes to lose games but he hasnt made many plays to win them lately either.

Defenders get near him in the pocket , he almost falls down. Has little elusiveness , cant extend plays when protection breaks down.

Cant run a QB sneak cause we're afraid someone will step on his toe.

Lacks arm strength for deep balls and tight windows .... The flaws in his game really limit the playcalling.

He missed a ton of reads today leaving lots of opportunities wasted. I pass "SOME" of that blame to the OL for their piss poor performance but just as much of the blame is on Schaub.

I think the biggest thing he lacks is that killer instinct .... but maybe its all the limitations to his game that cause him to play conservatively so he limits mistakes.

Ive backed Schaub for a long time , but its becoming painfully obvious to me that many of the issues with this offense in recent weeks is the result of poor QB play. Especially their inability to finish drives and convert 3rd downs.

Was wondering if he may have an undisclosed injury that is affecting his play. He and the offense in general havent looked "right" since the Baltimore game to be honest.

Im almost sorry they extended him ..... He's not playing hungry.

The offensive line sure hasnt done him any favors recently .... Wade Smith and the entire right side .... Really missing Briesel and Winston but with the salary cap , its impossible to keep everyone.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-24-2012   #28
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81025 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Corrosion, wow to your sig.; just wow...

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012   #29
TejasTom
Heisenwatt

Section: Brazos Suite
Rep Power: 67440 TejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respected

The bigger the game, the smaller Schaub.
Old 12-24-2012   #30
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222742 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
Corrosion, wow to your sig.; just wow...
Edit

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012   #31
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
It's time to start looking for him. You act like what I say isn't true or valid because I don't have a Pro Bowl QB in my pocket or something. That's just Toro muffins. Somebody it seems grabs a QB every year in the NFL and no, they don't all work out but right now we have a guy who has hit his ceiling. That's a goddamn fact. Matt Schaub in big games is just useless and that assertion is backed up by every single big game that guy has lost since the day he got here. He can be good but he's not good enough and he isn't going to miraculously transform into that guy.

It's time to go get a QB. Not some guy that nobody wanted (I like Case Keenum as much as the next guy but c'mon, he was an UDFA for a reason) but a first day pick. At least someone taken before the 5th round like Yates.
Of even like around the third?

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012   #32
coltfan123
Veteran

Rep Power: 2845 coltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
I am not a Schaub fan.

Just wanted to mention our running game was equally pathetic today. Poor passing game, poor running game......

I am not a Schaub fan.
for once you cant blame the coaches...kubiak had some good plays but the players didnt execute at all..
coltfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012   #33
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 133852 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhouston View Post
What stupid people with no real opinions do is call others trolls to try and be cute instead of coming up with a viable defense for the argument.

Dont let them get to you.

Schaub is worthless and so are they.
You are the last person to make any statements of this kind. Hell, early on in this season there was a thread that was asked about who would you rather have this season out of Schaub or Luck and you were all about wanting Schaub over Luck even. Now he is worthless and all this other stuff. You even had the nerve to suggest that Yates is as good as Luck which really was laughable. YOu're the perfect example of the kind of poster that goes from one extreme to the other from week to week. If the Texans win they're the best team in the league. If they lose, they're terrible and worthless. That doesn't demonstrate football knowledge, it demonstrates irrational emotions. When you post stuff like that so back and forth with no real position, then it's no wonder you're called a troll by others.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012   #34
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 133852 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by coltfan123 View Post
for once you cant blame the coaches...kubiak had some good plays but the players didnt execute at all..
When an entire line stinks it up, I'll definitely blame it on the coaches. When I see a team that isn't playing with the necessary fire or intensity it needs to execute, then I'll blame the coaches. I definitely am looking at Kubiak.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012   #35
Texan
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah, the team played like crap yesterday and yeah, the team has some issues.......BUT I'm damn glad I'm not a Jaguars, Bills, Browns, Raiders, Eagles, Panthers etc etc FAN.

We've got a team that's 12-3 and going to the playoffs. This is only the 2nd time in 11 years to say that....ENJOY IT!!!
Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012   #36
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 27679 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

There have been way too many knee jerk reactions. Schaub is fine when Kubiak lets him loose and doesn't call pansy ass plays all game long. Our O-line play was the worst i've seen in a long time yesterday.

If Schaub is the reason we go one and done in the playoffs, maybe i may change my stance, but we're still playing for a chance to get HOMEFIELD ADVANTAGE this weekend with the best record in the AFC. Last time I checked Schaub is no Aaron Rodgers or Brady, and most of you acknowledge that, but when he doesn't play like Aaron Rodgers or Brady you're all over him. Quit listening to hot heads calling the radio shows after a loss and gather a real, original thought of your own. I saw a comment on one of the Texans' FB posts today saying we should trade Schaub and draft Johnny Manziel, who isn't eligible for two years. These are the kind of people you hear on the radio on a daily basis. Watch game film and you'll diagnose that yes, Schaub was not very good yesterday, but he was not the original source of the problem. Our o-line got punished, and Kubiak was playing for the punt.
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read