Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-23-2012   #1
djohn2oo8
Veteran

Rep Power: 5520 djohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Who is the leader on offense?

Playcalling is pathetic and there is no passion on this team
djohn2oo8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012   #2
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 14067 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx
Default Re: Who is the leader on offense?

It's not the playcalling, it's the Oline. They don't seem to do well vs. big powerful Dlines and we've all known that for awhile now
Old 12-23-2012   #3
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

It's a collective leadership. There's no dominant personality over there.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012   #4
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 101274 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon420tx View Post
It's not the playcalling, it's the Oline. They don't seem to do well vs. big powerful Dlines and we've all known that for awhile now
Agreed. THe O line is getting owned today up front. Once that happens the rest of the offense will become a domino effect.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012   #5
Premier
All Pro

Rep Power: 10262 Premier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respected

the leader of an offense should always be your qb. the fact that people are trying to pass the blame to the oline shows the mentality of a weak qb.. his o-line is good enough to get the job done. every excuse in the book...
Old 12-23-2012   #6
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 94101 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Premier View Post
the leader of an offense should always be your qb. the fact that people are trying to pass the blame to the oline shows the mentality of a weak qb.. his o-line is good enough to get the job done. every excuse in the book...
Its just so funny how u only seem to crawl out from under your rock when this guy has a bad game...which is why noone takes your efforts at trolling serious.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012   #7
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Agreed. Our qb's skill set doesn't allow us to be successful when o line play is shabby.
Sponsored links
Old 12-23-2012   #8
Premier
All Pro

Rep Power: 10262 Premier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
Its just so funny how u only seem to crawl out from under your rock when this guy has a bad game...which is why noone takes your efforts at trolling serious.
what rock? ive been posting here non stop since ive signed up.. never a fan of schaub, keep believing in this loser, you will always have an excuse.. losers love making excuses..
Old 12-23-2012   #9
Rey
Hall of Fame

Schaub would make a really good back up.
Old 12-23-2012   #10
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 94101 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
what rock? ive been posting here non stop since ive signed up.. never a fan of schaub, keep believing in this loser, you will always have an excuse.. losers love making excuses..
Lol, dude everyone knows you're a troll....probably some VY fanboy mad cause your boy is out of work.

im on this board damn near everyday and rarely see u on here. matter fact, the only time i see u on here is when schaub doesnt play well....dont recall seeing any of your posts after the denver game....plus, i dont see how you've been posting "nonstop" when you only have 634 posts.....nice try though.
Old 12-23-2012   #11
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 249374 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

When David Carr couldn't get it done everyone blamed the offensive line until it was just painfully obvious that much of the problems were Carr's. Now that we've hit Schaub's ceiling and he's demonstrated that without flawless protection he's not able to get the job done we're back to demanding that the offensive line be no less than perfect.

When the Texans had chances Matt blew it. He overthrew receivers, he dumped off the ball to guys who had no chance to get the first down, and we all watched him stare down receivers all day long. Matt is who he is and if you think that is in some way special then well, no sorry. He's not.

There are things on this team that are not working the way they should be. One of those things is the starting QB. I'm more than willing to talk about any of them but if you think Matt's off limits then there's no point in discussing any of it.
Old 12-23-2012   #12
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 101274 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
When David Carr couldn't get it done everyone blamed the offensive line until it was just painfully obvious that much of the problems were Carr's. Now that we've hit Schaub's ceiling and he's demonstrated that without flawless protection he's not able to get the job done we're back to demanding that the offensive line be no less than perfect.

When the Texans had chances Matt blew it. He overthrew receivers, he dumped off the ball to guys who had no chance to get the first down, and we all watched him stare down receivers all day long. Matt is who he is and if you think that is in some way special then well, no sorry. He's not.

There are things on this team that are not working the way they should be. One of those things is the starting QB. I'm more than willing to talk about any of them but if you think Matt's off limits then there's no point in discussing any of it.
Where is his replacement that is better?

Where is this guy that you guys want so bad that is a top 5 QB? I continue to wait for this grand plan on how you're going to convince some other team to give you theirs.
Old 12-23-2012   #13
Premier
All Pro

Quote:
Lol, dude everyone knows you're a troll....probably some VY fanboy mad cause your boy is out of work.

im on this board damn near everyday and rarely see u on here. matter fact, the only time i see u on here is when schaub doesnt play well....dont recall seeing any of your posts after the denver game....plus, i dont see how you've been posting "nonstop" when you only have 634 posts.....nice try though.
lol at you reaching for any insult you can find, you dont know me guy. i visit texanstalk everyday, its my normal stop with clutchfans.. what are you some message board bouncer. lol what a joke. you must have me confused with someone else, you can find me in damn near every game tread this season and last season, since ive signed up here. but nice try though..

and lol really, a troll. "he has a different opinion than me, he must be a troll" stfu.. lol guy ive been on TT for 2 years and almost have as much rep power as you in a fraction of thw posts.. whos the troll.. fkn clown..
Old 12-23-2012   #14
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Quote:
lol at you reaching for any insult you can find, you dont know me guy. i visit texanstalk everyday, its my normal stop with clutchfans.. what are you some message board bouncer. lol what a joke. you must have me confused with someone else, you can find me in damn near every game tread this season and last season, since ive signed up here. but nice try though..

and lol really, a troll. "he has a different opinion than me, he must be a troll" stfu.. lol guy ive been on TT for 2 years and almost have as much rep power as you in a fraction of thw posts.. whos the troll.. fkn clown..
It's a bit peculiar that you have popped up suddenly after a loss just to bash Schaub when I bet that you had no problems with him when we were like 9-1. Your post comes off as a knee jerk reaction to a bad game. You want Schaub gone, then do what none of his other critics have done and explain how the Texans are going to convince the Saints to give us Brees or how we'll get the Patriots to give us Tom Brady.
Old 12-23-2012   #15
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 249374 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post

Where is this guy that you guys want so bad that is a top 5 QB? I continue to wait for this grand plan on how you're going to convince some other team to give you theirs.
It's time to start looking for him. You act like what I say isn't true or valid because I don't have a Pro Bowl QB in my pocket or something. That's just Toro muffins. Somebody it seems grabs a QB every year in the NFL and no, they don't all work out but right now we have a guy who has hit his ceiling. That's a goddamn fact. Matt Schaub in big games is just useless and that assertion is backed up by every single big game that guy has lost since the day he got here. He can be good but he's not good enough and he isn't going to miraculously transform into that guy.

It's time to go get a QB. Not some guy that nobody wanted (I like Case Keenum as much as the next guy but c'mon, he was an UDFA for a reason) but a first day pick. At least someone taken before the 5th round like Yates.
Old 12-23-2012   #16
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Quote:

Not reaching for an insult dude...u just mad that i outed your ass...take a deep breath homie...everyone here knows your shtick. The fact that your so mad lets me know that i was pretty much dead on with my assessment.....
Old 12-23-2012   #17
Surreal McCoy
All Pro

Rep Power: 13529 Surreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Exactly. But most people don't see Wade Smith getting blown up by a LB. Or Derek Newton looking like a turnstile all day. You could have Joe Montana and Eric Dickerson back there today and we still wouldn't have moved the ball.
Surreal McCoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012   #18
Premier
All Pro

Quote:
Not reaching for an insult dude...u just mad that i outed your ass...take a deep breath homie...everyone here knows your shtick. The fact that your so mad lets me know that i was pretty much dead on with my assessment.....
whatever you say TT detective., i still believe you have me confused with someone else. ive commended schaub when hes made plays, but ive never had much confidence in the guy to begin with.. im calling schaub a spade, been calling him a spade for years now, system qb, who im not convinced is the leader a super bowl team needs. TT isnt the only texans message board on the web.. if you want to do the research, the evidence that ive posted in damn near every game thread here is available. until then youre just speculating and hoping youre right.. well, youre not.

fact is i do have almost as much repping power you do, despite having only a fraction of the posts. but whatever call me a troll because i have a different opinion than you.. a troll actually doesnt believe the things he says, i believe 100 that schaub is a spade..
Old 12-23-2012   #19
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 240894 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post

I hate to bring politics into the thread, so just ignore the political implications, but this argument struck me like the anti-drilling crowd. They're always going on with the argument that it will take 20 years to get some oil reserve online, so there's no sense in doing it. Meanwhile, 20 years ticks by.

It's just silly. No one said replace Schaub tomorrow. Well, no one serious.
Old 12-23-2012   #20
devo-x
Veteran

Rep Power: 269 devo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to devo-x

Why does the O-line struggle in games like this?
Adopt-A-Texan 2009: Kevin Walter and Owen Daniels
devo-x is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read