Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read


Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-24-2012   #1
mussop
Hall of Fame
 
mussop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 6,136
Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Hawaii bowl

Hunt is tearing it up. Of course he goi g against a true freshman.
__________________
"I fear the day that technology will surpass our human interaction. The world will have a generation of idiots." Albert Einstein
mussop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012   #2
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid
 
Honoring Earl 34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Houston
Age: 51
Posts: 19,041
Rep Power: 179496 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Hawaii bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
Hunt is tearing it up. Of course he goi g against a true freshman.
He meets eye test in this game .
__________________
A little about Colleen. She's the brains behind the operation. Magna cum laude from BC, top five in her law school class, so obviously I have a pretty good idea how to recruit, I can tell you that.
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012   #3
badboy
Site Contributor
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Clear Lake
Posts: 23,244
Rep Power: 146673 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Hawaii bowl

Be more informative if he was playing against USC rather than Fresno St. Don't think I'd give more than a third round for him. This is only game I've seen him in so just my two cents.
__________________
I want to be able to recognize the difference between a "want" and a "need" and then I want to be satisfied with getting a need
badboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012   #4
beerlover
Site Contributor
 
beerlover's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 12,401
Rep Power: 55882 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Hawaii bowl

Hunt has intangibles. Plus rushing prospect, virtually unblockable. Reminds me a lot of Watt @ Wisconsin. Of course he would convert to OLB in 3-4. He will go much higher than most think.
__________________

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012   #5
mussop
Hall of Fame
 
mussop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 6,136
Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Hawaii bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
Hunt has intangibles. Plus rushing prospect, virtually unblockable. Reminds me a lot of Watt @ Wisconsin. Of course he would convert to OLB in 3-4. He will go much higher than most think.
You do realize he was going up against a true freshman right?
__________________
"I fear the day that technology will surpass our human interaction. The world will have a generation of idiots." Albert Einstein
mussop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012   #6
mussop
Hall of Fame
 
mussop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 6,136
Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Hawaii bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Be more informative if he was playing against USC rather than Fresno St. Don't think I'd give more than a third round for him. This is only game I've seen him in so just my two cents.
He is worth a 4th on athletic ability alone if history is an indicator. Sammy Hill like.
__________________
"I fear the day that technology will surpass our human interaction. The world will have a generation of idiots." Albert Einstein
mussop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012   #7
beerlover
Site Contributor
 
beerlover's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 12,401
Rep Power: 55882 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Hawaii bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
You do realize he was going up against a true freshman right?
After further review the comparison to Watt is even more compelling. Had no idea of just how big he was based off his athletic movement so I stand corrected he could easily play with the big boys inside as a 3-4 DE. He measures something like 6'7" tall 280 lbs. with 82" wingspan? that is a freak, I don't care if it was against a freshman (poor kid is probably having nightmares as we speak).

Next stop for Hunt will be the Senior Bowl for which here is the most recent list of athletes who have accepted invitations - http://www.seniorbowl.com/files/SB%2...S%20122112.pdf

EZEKIAH ANSAH DE BYU
MARGUS HUNT DE SMU
ALEX OKAFOR DE TEXAS
EVERETT DAWKINS DT FLORIDA ST.
COREY GRISSOM DT SOUTH FLORIDA
JORDAN HILL DT PENN ST.
KAWANN SHORT DT PURDUE
BRANDON WILLIAMS DT MO SOUTHERN
KIKO ALONSO LB OREGON
JAMIE COLLINS LB SOUTHERN MISS
ZAVIAR GOODEN LB MISSOURI
KHASEEM GREENE LB RUTGERS
NICO JOHNSON LB ALABAMA
SEAN PORTER LB TEXAS A&M
JOHN SIMON LB OHIO ST.
TREVARDO WILLIAMS LB UCONN

Tell me after this game about Hunt because he won't be playing against freshman, but I don't think it will matter in the eyes of a scout. Then the combine where he is sure to blow NFL teams out of their minds with his measureables. Combine all the numbers, film & stats together he will go much higher than anybody currently projects
__________________

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-25-2012   #8
mussop
Hall of Fame
 
mussop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 6,136
Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Hawaii bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
After further review the comparison to Watt is even more compelling. Had no idea of just how big he was based off his athletic movement so I stand corrected he could easily play with the big boys inside as a 3-4 DE. He measures something like 6'7" tall 280 lbs. with 82" wingspan? that is a freak, I don't care if it was against a freshman (poor kid is probably having nightmares as we speak).

Next stop for Hunt will be the Senior Bowl for which here is the most recent list of athletes who have accepted invitations - http://www.seniorbowl.com/files/SB%2...S%20122112.pdf

EZEKIAH ANSAH DE BYU
MARGUS HUNT DE SMU
ALEX OKAFOR DE TEXAS
EVERETT DAWKINS DT FLORIDA ST.
COREY GRISSOM DT SOUTH FLORIDA
JORDAN HILL DT PENN ST.
KAWANN SHORT DT PURDUE
BRANDON WILLIAMS DT MO SOUTHERN
KIKO ALONSO LB OREGON
JAMIE COLLINS LB SOUTHERN MISS
ZAVIAR GOODEN LB MISSOURI
KHASEEM GREENE LB RUTGERS
NICO JOHNSON LB ALABAMA
SEAN PORTER LB TEXAS A&M
JOHN SIMON LB OHIO ST.
TREVARDO WILLIAMS LB UCONN

Tell me after this game about Hunt because he won't be playing against freshman, but I don't think it will matter in the eyes of a scout. Then the combine where he is sure to blow NFL teams out of their minds with his measureables. Combine all the numbers, film & stats together he will go much higher than anybody currently projects
Sammy Hill, Remember him? He was the huge guy that jumped out of the pool (with water) and landed on his feet. He lasted until the fourth round. The interviews and Senior bowl will be key to where he ends up going in the draft.

I love what I have read about his demeanor and desire. I said awhile back that he would be the perfect young player for Watt to tudor. I hope we get him.
__________________
"I fear the day that technology will surpass our human interaction. The world will have a generation of idiots." Albert Einstein
mussop is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:35 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger