Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Texans promote S Eddie Plesant from practice squad.

I liked Grimes but I think this is a good move. Pleasant should pick up special teams duty immediately and hopefully provide more impact than what Grimes did. I don't think Grimes was going to get reps as a RB anyway but I guess I don't really expect to see Pleasant with meaningful S snaps either.

Found this April 29, 2012 writeup re Pleasant........making me think that they had him pegged from the beginning as a promising "gunner" on STs.......but could be a player they use in the dime against the run.

While at Oregon, Eddie Pleasant was a very consistent and durable starter. One of his biggest strengths is his ability to tackle. Pleasant is a very reliable tackler and can be used as a last resort to take a guy down in space. Pleasant is a very solid hitter on the football field. He brings good size to the back of the defense and can produce as a run supporter on defense or a special teams player.

The biggest thing that Pleasant will need to work on in the NFL is his ability to defend the pass. He struggled often with defending the pass during his time with the Oregon Ducks. Despite being a liability in the pass coverage game, Eddie Pleasant is better in the zone defense than the man-to-man defense. This is because Pleasant can use his reliable tackling better in the zone defense.

Overall, I see Eddie Pleasant being a special teams player with the Houston Texans. Going into the 2012 NFL Draft, the Houston Texans needed a corner back, but not a safety. Because of this, I believe the only reason the Houston Texans signed Eddie Pleasant was to help out on special teams. Pleasant’s reliable tackling and his productivity can lead to success on special teams in the NFL. This is a very good signing if Pleasant is mainly used on special teams.
link

Back