Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-22-2012   #41
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29597 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Why is this place so guarded?

I've been reading, but, just don't care to comment much anymore! Ya show to much excitement on this board and SOMEONE will delight in shooting you down by calling you a "homer" or pretty much indicating you don't have enough football smarts to even post. SO, I've gotten to a point where I pick and choose who's post I care to read. Just to much negativity for me.

Truthfully, it's been hard to keep my keyboard silent. I'm so freaking excited about our venture this year I tear up just thinking about it. I want to SHOUT out and praise our team for what they have accomplished, but, all the negatives kill my excitement, so I pretty much stay away. I've admitted I'm a HOMER and proud of it. We have a DAMN good team this year, and I'm proud of them. I guess I wear my GRANDMA name pretty well, cause I protect my team just like I do my grandkids.. I know their faults, I just don't wanna hear someone else point them out, esp everyday. I'll stand with this team all the way to the end, whatever that might be. They've given me one of the most exciting years in football I have had in a very long time, and I am happy with that. GUARDED?? Yep, I'm not stup*d, I know our season could come to an end a lot sooner than I want, but, I am NOT disappointed in what our boys have done this year!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012   #42
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57325 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
I've been reading, but, just don't care to comment much anymore! Ya show to much excitement on this board and SOMEONE will delight in shooting you down by calling you a "homer" or pretty much indicating you don't have enough football smarts to even post. SO, I've gotten to a point where I pick and choose who's post I care to read. Just to much negativity for me.

Truthfully, it's been hard to keep my keyboard silent. I'm so freaking excited about our venture this year I tear up just thinking about it. I want to SHOUT out and praise our team for what they have accomplished, but, all the negatives kill my excitement, so I pretty much stay away. I've admitted I'm a HOMER and proud of it. We have a DAMN good team this year, and I'm proud of them. I guess I wear my GRANDMA name pretty well, cause I protect my team just like I do my grandkids.. I know their faults, I just don't wanna hear someone else point them out, esp everyday. I'll stand with this team all the way to the end, whatever that might be. They've given me one of the most exciting years in football I have had in a very long time, and I am happy with that. GUARDED?? Yep, I'm not stup*d, I know our season could come to an end a lot sooner than I want, but, I am NOT disappointed in what our boys have done this year!!
Just my kind of gal.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012   #43
Hookem Horns
The Bill Payer

Rep Power: 52985 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaShark316 View Post
Why????

Simple.

That explains why many of us are pessimistic and waiting for the other shoe to drop ..lol.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012   #44
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 157572 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
Adrian Peterson on a mission and you have little concern?
Correct. Remember that game a couple years ago when Chris Johnson had 500 yards rushing or whatever it was and the Tacks lost 59-0 to the Pats? I see that sort of game, except we all know Kubiak is too polite to drop 59 on someone. Won't matter though. Texans roll.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaShark316 View Post
Haha! There's a lot of truth in that, unfortunately.
Old 12-22-2012   #45
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 225351 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to infantrycak

Quote:
It is the nature of MB's as a reflection of human nature. People spend a lot more time bitching than they do running around throwing dandelions and hugs.
Old 12-22-2012   #46
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 87576 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by coltfan123 View Post
you got to be kidding me? over here krogers has **** load of them...you figured be all colts stuff but since foster signed with krogers texans shirts are everywhere...you cant lead me to beleive no texans gear in houston...
To clarify, I meant with people wearing them. I went to small independent grocer's today for potato salad I forgot at Walmart this A.M. & in both one guy in deli was wearing a hat.

I'm expecting to see our corners on islands a lot with safeties up. Little as he brings, I am glad Cody is back & hope James plays like an all pro. We should bang AP until he cries for mama; at least we can rotate guys on him and hopefully he will have to sit out some.
Old 12-22-2012   #47
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3261 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

I don't see us as necessarily guarded, I see us acting like we've been there before.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-22-2012   #48
House of Pain
Knee-jerkless

Section: 106
Rep Power: 4027 House of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Why would you want a team full of stars that dominates everybody?

If you do, there's one on the east coast you may want to cheer for; that "dream" team, if you know what I'm talking about.
Dude...I'm not going to root for the Eagles...
House of Pain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012   #49
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 114714 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Preach it Sistah!
Don't let the Debbie Downers infect you.
Old 12-22-2012   #50
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29597 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
Preach it Sistah!
Don't let the Debbie Downers infect you.
Been a tough week, so guess I'm a little testy today. Just lookin forward to tomorrow and sealing HFA. Come on guys, how exciting is that??!! We've never been in this position before. Not even as a diehard LUV YA BLUE gal! HFA throughout the playoffs!! CRAP, gives me chilly bumps just thinkin about it!!

I'm so tired right now I could drop, but, I'll be there loud and strong tomorrow. AP won't crack 100 yds, bet on it!!! JJ will prove to the NFL just why HE should be MVP this year, bet on that too!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012   #51
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 44018 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Been a tough week, so guess I'm a little testy today. Just lookin forward to tomorrow and sealing HFA. Come on guys, how exciting is that??!! We've never been in this position before. Not even as a diehard LUV YA BLUE gal! HFA throughout the playoffs!! CRAP, gives me chilly bumps just thinkin about it!!

I'm so tired right now I could drop, but, I'll be there loud and strong tomorrow. AP won't crack 100 yds, bet on it!!! JJ will prove to the NFL just why HE should be MVP this year, bet on that too!!
Agree luckily for me i AM a homer and it only makes me all the more happy to be called one
Old 12-22-2012   #52
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 79376 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

No wonder my doctor tried to put me on meds....
Old 12-22-2012   #53
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 114714 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
Agree luckily for me i AM a homer and it only makes me all the more happy to be called one
Charter Member BA-BEEE!!

Old 12-23-2012   #54
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 16963 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Don't be shy SheTexan! Let that homerism out. Just ignore those negative stuff!!! We waited long enough! One more win and we will be AFC #1 seed team!!! That's a heck of accomplishment!!! So, let it all out!

Go Texans!!!
AFC South Champions!!! (Again)
SAMURAITEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012   #55
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57325 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
Charter Member BA-BEEE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMURAITEXAN View Post
Don't be shy SheTexan! Let that homerism out. Just ignore those negative stuff!!! We waited long enough! One more win and we will be AFC #1 seed team!!! That's a heck of accomplishment!!! So, let it all out!

Go Texans!!!
AFC South Champions!!! (Again)
Now that's the spirit.

Go Texans!
Old 12-23-2012   #56
FirstTexansFan
The Unknown Fan

Rep Power: 19944 FirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to FirstTexansFan

If enough Sunshiny folks post, it overwhelms the darkside... make me shiny folks.. POST positive vibes... I'm by nature a pessimist, but you can change us naysayers one at a time

On a side note, I expect after todays win, we'll see this place explode
Dread-Head's #1 Fan, Because He Hates The Cowboys As Much As Me!
FirstTexansFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012   #57
Grams 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 18579 Grams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respected

This place is guarded because of the Oilers.

It will stay that way till the Texans change the history of football in Houston.

I grew up in New England and a Red Sox fan. I have seen them lose the 7th game of a World Series 3 times. For 86 years they could not win a Championship. Then 2004 happened.

Until the Texans erase the memories of the Oilers' failures, I think it will always be a little guarded in hope and expectations until we win it all.
Old 12-23-2012   #58
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 131093 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012   #59
76Texan
Hall of Fame

It's game day, let your guard down, folks.

Let it all hang out!
Old 12-23-2012   #60
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 56771 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
From one of your medical books?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read