Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-21-2012   #21
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 32596 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316
Default Re: Why is this place so guarded?

Why????

Simple.

Old 12-21-2012   #22
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 112249 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownfan32 View Post
Non apocalyptic world.

Somewhat disappointed, I was looking forward to blasting a few zombies...
No lie dude i was looking forward to that as well. Guess i will have to wait until there is no more room in hell, at the rate America is going that wont take long
Old 12-21-2012   #23
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 259612 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Trying not to get too low or get too high.

Seems like good advice. It's working for the Texans this year so I figured I'd give it a try.
Old 12-21-2012   #24
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 283140 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

I said it in another thread, I'll say it again here. AP will get his yards and Houston will get the win.

The road to the Super Bowl goes through Houston this year.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012   #25
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
I said it in another thread, I'll say it again here. AP will get his yards and Houston will get the win.

The road to the Super Bowl goes through Houston this year.
John Wayne brings more excitement than I've seen around here that's for sure, LOL!
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012   #26
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 160949 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
John Wayne brings more excitement than I've seen around here that's for sure, LOL!
I had a similar thread week or two ago and most response was Oilers and Kubiak being conservative. Still I agree with you, not as big a deal as I thought it would be to others. I've been in stores this week and did not see one Texans shirt, jersey or cap.
Maybe this weekend? 13 & 2. How sweet it is!
Old 12-21-2012   #27
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16635 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

some of the fans are like the team

Biz nas has usual the Kubes mentality

PLay a clean 4 qtrs game no Flags and no turnovers

and RUn the ball alot
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-22-2012   #28
ajohnson80
Veteran

Rep Power: 811 ajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
I have been one of the half empty guys but I think we are going to whip the dog sheet out of Minnesota. Wades defense is suspect against elite QB's (who's isn't) but we pretty much own one dimensional teams. They don't come more one dimensional than the Vikings.
Don't do this now. You have to stay half empty all year or you will jinx us!!!
ajohnson80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012   #29
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 101211 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajohnson80 View Post
Don't do this now. You have to stay half empty all year or you will jinx us!!!
Your right! Look what Vick Ballard did to us last week. How are we goint to stop Peterson? Peterson is going to break the record against us.
Old 12-22-2012   #30
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 206631 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Ain't we supposed to be all gaga about this coming game?
I think a lot of flaws have been exposed inrecent weeks , andafter the NE beat down , I think many fans realize that this team isnt the invincible machine it looked like earlier in the season - before injuries riddled the defense.

Not to mention the offenses inability to sustain drives or convert them into to touchdowns - see the 5 FG's in 6 attempts against the Dolts.

Take a look at the 105 yards some no name back put on them last week .... and the thought of facing AP isnt something Im looking forward to.

If they werent at home , I'd really be concerned.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012   #31
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Section: 135J 5-8
Rep Power: 33080 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand

Quote:
Ain't we supposed to be all gaga about this coming game?
No cause I'm not comfortable with the way we are playing and I'm worried that it'll carry into the playoffs.

In response to the new Vance Joseph Hiring:
silvrhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012   #32
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 255440 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Guarded? Nah, just busy. Plus, I have very little concern over this game. The Texans are going to whoop the Vikings, Duane Brown is going to flatten Jared Allen, and HFA will be secured. I'm not worried about anything until the playoffs.
Old 12-22-2012   #33
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 354011 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
Guarded? Nah, just busy. Plus, I have very little concern over this game. The Texans are going to whoop the Vikings, Duane Brown is going to flatten Jared Allen, and HFA will be secured. I'm not worried about anything until the playoffs.
I do not want to see Jared Allen injured as much as I think he is dirty but I sure would like to see DB punk him. Will be a tough match up.
Old 12-22-2012   #34
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 148026 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
Adrian Peterson on a mission and you have little concern? Good for you.
Old 12-22-2012   #35
silentassassin
Veteran

Rep Power: 2069 silentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
When an unstoppable force meets an immovable object!

...One can hope.
silentassassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012   #36
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31529 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm cautiously optimistic........ I think I'll be able to breathe and relax a little bit once this game is over should we win. There's this little guy that we're playing against who wears #28 that has me somewhat nervous though. I hear that guy is pretty good.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012   #37
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 260728 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvrhand View Post
No cause I'm not comfortable with the way we are playing and I'm worried that it'll carry into the playoffs.
I actually think we've been getting better since the Tennessee game. I know it's "shocking" to consider the Patriot game as "better" But that's where I'm at. We're getting better & will be playing our best football 3 to 4 weeks from now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
He needs 294 yards to break the record? Even on his best Cyborg day he won't run for 294 on us. He'll probably run for 150 & two scores (I doubt it), but that won't be enough for the Vikings to beat us at home.
Old 12-22-2012   #38
coltfan123
Veteran

Rep Power: 2844 coltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
I had a similar thread week or two ago and most response was Oilers and Kubiak being conservative. Still I agree with you, not as big a deal as I thought it would be to others. I've been in stores this week and did not see one Texans shirt, jersey or cap.
Maybe this weekend? 13 & 2. How sweet it is!
you got to be kidding me? over here krogers has **** load of them...you figured be all colts stuff but since foster signed with krogers texans shirts are everywhere...you cant lead me to beleive no texans gear in houston...
coltfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012   #39
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

There isn't a dominant team in this league.
The Broncos caught a few breaks against the lowly Raiders and the quasi-second teamers on defense of the Ravens.

A Raiders defenders' eyes got too big dreaming of the pick six he dropped the ball.

On the other hand, the Broncos got lucky when the opponents threw a pick six in the red zone, or the QB threw into double coverage while not even pressured.
Or the QB (flacco) fumbled the ball on a sneak.

When Holliday fumbled the ball, they didn't lose it (once in each game).

The Pats let the Niners walked all over them to a 31-3 lead.
They also struggled against the Dolphins recently, a team that we beat handily.

No, there's no guaranteed win in the play-offs (or at any time).
The fun is the journey itself.

Why would you want a team full of stars that dominates
everybody?

If you do, there's one on the east coast you may want to cheer for; that "dream" team, if you know what I'm talking about.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012   #40
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaShark316 View Post
Why????

Simple.

And there sir, is your answer.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read