Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-18-2012   #1
Hookem Horns
The Bill Payer

Rep Power: 52945 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected
Default #1 AFC Seed, Never Happened Here Before ...

If the Texans beat the Vikings or Colts they will have earned the #1 seed in the AFC and that has never happened in Houston before. The Oilers never did it.

I believe the best they ever did was the #2 seed the year they lost to the Chiefs and Joe Montana.

For some reason it's very fulfulling as a former Oilers diehard to see the Texans doing things the Oilers could never do.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012   #2
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 16963 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: #1 AFC Seed, Never Happened Here Before ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
If the Texans beat the Vikings or Colts they will have earned the #1 seed in the AFC and that has never happened in Houston before. The Oilers never did it.

I believe the best they ever did was the #2 seed the year they lost to the Chiefs and Joe Montana.

For some reason it's very fulfulling as a former Oilers diehard to see the Texans doing things the Oilers could never do.
True. I too a former Oilers diehard so it is very fufulling. #1 seed, sounds so wonderful.

Go Texans!!!
SAMURAITEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012   #3
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13265 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

Sweet!
Old 12-19-2012   #4
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29597 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Wonder what Bud the dud's thinking now! I'm lovin every minute of our team making that jacka*s miserable!! Ya know he's gotta hate watching our boys rack up so many wins!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012   #5
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 150172 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Big deal. The defense sucks. We don't have an elite QB. Our HC doesn't look at field goals. And Jenkins tossed Myers like a rag doll two years ago.

We've never won a Super Bowl. Wake me up when that happens otherwise don't bother me with meaningless milestones & premature parades.
Old 12-19-2012   #6
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28939 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
Big deal. The defense sucks. We don't have an elite QB. Our HC doesn't look at field goals. And Jenkins tossed Myers like a rag doll two years ago.

We've never won a Super Bowl. Wake me up when that happens otherwise don't bother me with meaningless milestones & premature parades.
Debbie downer this morning? We're 12-2 not 3-11, 5-9, or 7-7.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012   #7
Hookem Horns
The Bill Payer

Rep Power: 52945 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Will do, how about a PM?
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-19-2012   #8
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50776 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

deleted.
Old 12-19-2012   #9
Vinnie
with an I E

Section: 506, best section in the 500's!
Rep Power: 3571 Vinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respected

Bring on the Vikings, can't wait to contribute to the noise!
Old 12-19-2012   #10
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57325 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Is it Sunday yet?
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012   #11
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 150172 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Will do, how about a PM?
That'll work. I don't sleep anyway. I do nt know how anyone can with the shape our defense is in & Adrian Peterson coming to town.
Old 12-19-2012   #12
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 25169 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

Ummm... Where is the parade guys?
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012   #13
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 162318 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
That'll work. I don't sleep anyway. I do nt know how anyone can with the shape our defense is in & Adrian Peterson coming to town.

Peterson is going to get his despite the fact that everybody not covering an eligible receiver will be pouncing on him the moment the ball is snapped. I bet our defensive game plan is "Watt kill QB unless it's a run, you little guys cover wideouts and the TE. The rest of you get Adrian Peterson the moment he rises out of his stance whether he has the ball or not"

Also I see no chickens, just eggs. As of today there still has never been a Houston team with the #1 seed in the AFC. It will be really cool if they can manage it but they have to do it and then keep playing for more. I'll celebrate Sunday after the (hoped for) win but not yet.
Old 12-19-2012   #14
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
Peterson is going to get his despite the fact that everybody not covering an eligible receiver will be pouncing on him the moment the ball is snapped. I bet our defensive game plan is "Watt kill QB unless it's a run, you little guys cover wideouts and the TE. The rest of you get Adrian Peterson the moment he rises out of his stance whether he has the ball or not"
We should have Mr Alexander put a bounty out on him. Worse case scenario they suspend him for 6 months. Actually, we'll probably just vet a wArning.
Old 12-19-2012   #15
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57325 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
We should have Mr Alexander put a bounty out on him. Worse case scenario they suspend him for 6 months. Actually, we'll probably just vet a wArning.
Who's this Mr. Alexander that you speak of, Fidd?
Old 12-19-2012   #16
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post

Also I see no chickens, just eggs. As of today there still has never been a Houston team with the #1 seed in the AFC. It will be really cool if they can manage it but they have to do it and then keep playing for more. I'll celebrate Sunday after the (hoped for) win but not yet.
Man, I hope Watt zeroes in on the first play of the game and put a hurt on Peterson enough to render him human for the rest of the game.
Old 12-19-2012   #17
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Location: I live in a hole, but stay close to my kind, 'cause they understand what burns in my mind...
Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 209247 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

That's pretty cool, man. I feel the same way as an old-school Oilers fan. There is some vindication happening, and hopefully they pull out all kinds of firsts this season. #1 seed and then three wins to bring home that Lombardi. Houston would be a party city for at least a month, cats and dogs sleeping together and all kinds of happiness for a shared vicarious experience.
Old 12-19-2012   #18
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
That's pretty cool, man. I feel the same way as an old-school Oilers fan. There is some vindication happening, and hopefully they pull out all kinds of firsts this season. #1 seed and then three wins to bring home that Lombardi. Houston would be a party city for at least a month, cats and dogs sleeping together and all kinds of happiness for a shared vicarious experience.
That sounds gay.
Old 12-19-2012   #19
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Location: I live in a hole, but stay close to my kind, 'cause they understand what burns in my mind...
Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 209247 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
That sounds gay.
If you mean HAPPY, then why yes, very gay indeed.
Old 12-19-2012   #20
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19489 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I am just enjoying the ride. I am not looking beyond our last W, certainly don't want to assume they have it yet, hope they play hungry vs. the Vikes.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read